Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by optimusp517

all the Max orange are gone from HOH yesterday. Oh well.

Yep, really sucks for all of us who wanted that color.
I would like to twist the neck of the Nike exec who wrote that memo to release a week early.
I had mine locked up but they sold out before my boy got to work.
mad.gif

Oh well, waiting for my coopers to arrive.

Originally Posted by casper90403

Originally Posted by Vinsanity

Originally Posted by casper90403

i think these go better with SF Giants than the Orioles colors.
right!........i think the SF orange might be alil lighter while the O's looks darker at least in the pics......either way, congrates to all da others that copped, i will be rockin mine 2day!!!!!!! 

thats what i meant. Orioles orange just seems darker to me. The picture with the O's hats a couple pages back made me feel that way. 

I think it was just the way his pic came out.  I picked the max orange's up yesterday and copped a fitted.  Not sure about the hats in the pic back but the orange on the G's and O's hats in the store was actually the same orange.  This may not be the case with all of G and O hats but the "on the field authentics" had the same orange.  

Originally Posted by anDown Goes Frasier

How much yall think da resale value of da max oranges gonna be? Ebay is from 350-600 so far .... wonder if these will hit "south beach " bron prices.
Ehhh no. Just because all the fools on ebay are listing them at 500 bones doesnt mean they will get that unless its from another fool 
laugh.gif

As I mentioned before.. everyone wants the next limited colorway of SOMETHING to hit South Beach Status... not gonna happen. That was an aberration. 

These are nice but it's a black show with Orange.Listing fees will get some folks to soon come down on price.  Reselling aint what people think it is on every shoe.

I look forward to them coming down.. altho limited as a mug.

Originally Posted by sneakermane

Ninja.....^^^^ throwback Suns jersey is FIRE!
And you right.....All Blacks are gonna be a problem. So sick. These Rookies are just a dope shoe...period. And I usually don't &@#% with hybrids.
Damn white/blacks are gonna dig into my Concords money. But it's all good, I need those too.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

I actually didnt know the O's changed their Bird... when they do that??

They just changed the hat logo back to the cartoon bird this week. I was running around the house doing cartwheels.
happy.gif

I hated that anatomically correct bird.

Cartoon Bird.....FTW!
smokin.gif

I still think the Orange is the same for both Orioles & Giants. Where are my west coast heads? Nobody has a Giants fitted to post with these Rookies?
I'm East Coast QC (Charlotte) but actually went with the SF hat first.  I'm going to cop a O's hat with a orange bill for the spring.  Right now, I'm trying to limit the amount of orange I put with these bad boys for the fall and winter months. 
grin.gif
  The oranges b/w the shoe and the hat might look a lil' off in the pic but in person it looks spot on. 

Originally Posted by poloman1211

were the GITD or blk/org more limited ?

seems like the oranges were much more limited considering only HoH got them and they only got a few pairs each

^there is a colorway very similar to those that just dropped, the black/binary blue colorway. that pair in the picture looks more like a royal or neon blue which i like, i problay would of copped the black/binary blue if they would of made the blue neon or royal like the neon blue foam ones.

STILL THINK THEY SHOULDVE MADE THE SUEDE ANKLE PAD PART PARALLEL TO THE FOAM.. WOULD HAVE LOOKED WAYYYY BETTER

Originally Posted by thrudwire

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Tried these on and the rest is history. Relieved...made it in the nick of time; these were the last pair in my size.
pimp.gif
Dope! Another thing, do these run big or true to size?

Originally Posted by Silence Biggers

Originally Posted by thrudwire

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Tried these on and the rest is history. Relieved...made it in the nick of time; these were the last pair in my size.
pimp.gif
Dope! Another thing, do these run big or true to size?

i have the binarys and to me they run big so i went a size down..i wear a size 13 but i bought them in a size 12 and i stil have a good amount of room for my foot

Am I the only one that think these shoes are some what hard on the bottom??No Zoom Air..SMH

Originally Posted by FDUB

Am I the only one that think these shoes are some what hard on the bottom??No Zoom Air..SMH
You are not..i noticed this as well..that's why a lot of people find them uncomfortable..honestly..they gain comfort the more that you wear them IMO..

Originally Posted by dmxgod

Originally Posted by FDUB

You are not..i noticed this as well..that's why a lot of people find them uncomfortable..honestly..they gain comfort the more that you wear them IMO..

was going to cop binarys and all blacks, but no forefoot zoom= no thanks.   just copped some black lime foams instead.  still can't believe nike is getting over folks like this.   I guess since its a nike sportswear non retro release (and not basketball release) they can do stuff like this.  although they did do the zoom right in the foams and flightposites...
Great marketing on nike's part.

Sneakerhead has a 20% coupon code that you can use for the Binary Blues. They will come up to 164.98 plus 4.99 shipping. The code is bf1drkkz4n9. Only sizes 7.5 - 9.0 left.

Back
Top Bottom