Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Keep an eye on fleetfeet for those who are still looking for VF 4% Blue Fox. They put the thumbnail of the product, but the page isn't live yet.

vf blue fox fleetfeet.jpg

Ha! I was just finishing up my RW order, and this time was able to use my gift cards. So I got the BCs along with some Honey stinger supplies I needed, and was still about $40 less than I would have paid thru NDC yesterday, plus since I'm in CA I'll take delivery tomorrow!

Been asked many times but how do all the models fit?
I’m generally tts 9 and that’s my racer/trainer size but have 9.5 in the Oreo SP but they’re a bit snug.

Wanna get a pair of the regular zoom fly and the 4% but wanna get some input first.

Thanks!

S sssstan You can go with your FK Trainer sizing on VF 4%. I don't own regular ZF, but I assume you would have to go half size up on ZF since it has thicker ankle padding. I go half size up on ZF SP.

Here's my sizing:
FK Trainer = 10.5
AM1 = 10.5
VF = 10.5
ZF SP = 11

xivpositive xivpositive Have you run a full marathon in VFs yet? I remember you are a bit faster than I am so I'm curious if they've made a difference for you. I'll test mine out in January
No marathons because I’ve been dealing with some injuries since the summer. However, from the runs I’ve done in them, the hype is real. They definitely make it easier to run at a faster pace. Can’t wait to be fully healthy and run a race in them.

use RUNBLOG10 coupon?
yep. RUNBLOG 10 discount works. F*ck it i just copped 2 pairs! may resell one or keep both. plan to have a busy race season next year and although these are great shoes, durability ain't their strong point

Last edited:
some people has managed to put a good amount of miles on them so I think it will just depend on how you run

if you're a forefoot striker, I don't think it's much of an issue

i'm a 147 lb mid-forefoot striker. i was fortunate enough to get the VF in Blue Fox back when those came out. they still have lots of life in them as i use them strictly for racing, but just based on the mileage i've put on them vs. more "traditional" racing flats, i can see from the wear patterns that they'll have a much shorter life. that being said, i shaved significant time off my last 10K and 13.1 wearing them so guess the trade-off is worth it...

I've honestly gone up to 107 miles in these, and the cushioning still feels strong. That's comparing it in to my Bright Crimson pair, which hasn't even been worn yet.

Went back to RW to check my order and it says it has shipped. But now there is no sign of any VFs on their site - could they have sold out that quickly?

nah it does sell out quick

they aren't going to fix that code either, I believe it's been there for years

I've been using it for years, or when something is on sale, you use FB15D to get 15% off...

Anybody have any dates on those various colors of Zoom Fly posted a few pages back, specifically the grey upper with blue and red on midsole?

Back
Top Bottom