Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

20180304_121036.jpg

Mo Farah running in the Japan Vaporfly elite this morning. Hopefully Nike do an event in the UK during the London Marathon for the Vaporfly Elite seeing Farah and Kipchoge are racing it.

Last edited:
I caught those on eBay a few months ago. Was a 10 or 10.5, went for little above what listed retail is. Think seller claimed it was a sample he found at an outlet but I could be wrong

For those of you who said not to run in the vapor street, if you can, give it a try. You'll definitely be surprised. I took them on a light run yesterday and they felt amazing. I did a 5k today in them and they held up real well. Personally I wouldn't do more than a half in them, but I'm already thinking of doubling up to run in my current pair and rock the other as casual. They're far from a daily training shoe though, but can be a great shoe to do tempo runs in. The flyknit upper on these is really comfortable, not as breathable as what's on my Lunarepic 2's, but feels a lot stretchier and more comfortable overall imo. For the price though, there are better options for running, but I just really like how they look and feel. I still prefer my Zoom Fly's and so far nothings come close to the vaporfly 4%. Those are on another level. For those of you who really want a daily shoe similar to the 4%'s, I say just wait for the Peg Turbos to release since they will come with Zoom X and are scheduled for a late Spring / early Summer release.

For those of you who said not to run in the vapor street, if you can, give it a try. You'll definitely be surprised. I took them on a light run yesterday and they felt amazing. I did a 5k today in them and they held up real well. Personally I wouldn't do more than a half in them, but I'm already thinking of doubling up to run in my current pair and rock the other as casual. They're far from a daily training shoe though, but can be a great shoe to do tempo runs in. The flyknit upper on these is really comfortable, not as breathable as what's on my Lunarepic 2's, but feels a lot stretchier and more comfortable overall imo. For the price though, there are better options for running, but I just really like how they look and feel. I still prefer my Zoom Fly's and so far nothings come close to the vaporfly 4%. Those are on another level. For those of you who really want a daily shoe similar to the 4%'s, I say just wait for the Peg Turbos to release since they will come with Zoom X and are scheduled for a late Spring / early Summer release.

Helas, I’ve been tempted to pick up the Streets to try and run in. I was happy to see your post. I wear the Zoom Fly and Epic React typically and the Vaporfly for races and love all three. I’m pumped for the Peg Turbo but wouldn’t mind the picking up the Streets if they are runnable.

Do you feel the Streets propel you to run on your forefoot like the ZF and VF? I know they won’t be as fast but I think the geometry of the shoe should keep you running on your forefoot.

Did the Streets allow you to run a quick pace? I hear they are softer than the Epic React so I wasn’t sure if it’s possible to run quick in them.

Not a problem, I've actually been waiting to hear some feedback on the Vapor Streets from a performance perspective since they released in Asia myself. I originally got mine for their intended use (casual wear), but I was really curious to see how they felt on a run. But to answer your question(s), no, they definitely don't give you that sense of propulsion as the Vapor Fly or Zoom Fly. I believe the heel to toe offset is smaller on the Vapor Streets than those two models as well (by 1mm).

I haven't tried the Epic React yet, but the React foam on the Vapor Streets is very responsive. It's a lot more responsive than the Zoom Fly, and I feel like the energy return makes up for the lack of a carbon infused nylon plate. At times, it actually felt really similar to the Vapor Fly's when I picked up the pace. So I would say yeah I was able to run at a faster than normal pace because of the energy return on them. My legs felt fresh too.

If you have the extra money, I would say give them a shot. Grabbing a pair off of Nike directly would be ideal because of their return policy, but they are currently sold out (unless you wait for a new color way), and I'm not sure what the return policy on boutiques like Kith, Bait, etc. is.

any insights on why nike didn't offer either of the launch cws of the Streets in larger sizes? Didn't see anything above a 12 offered anywhere. Definitely a letdown b/c I was eager to try these.

Not a problem, I've actually been waiting to hear some feedback on the Vapor Streets from a performance perspective since they released in Asia myself. I originally got mine for their intended use (casual wear), but I was really curious to see how they felt on a run. But to answer your question(s), no, they definitely don't give you that sense of propulsion as the Vapor Fly or Zoom Fly. I believe the heel to toe offset is smaller on the Vapor Streets than those two models as well (by 1mm).

I haven't tried the Epic React yet, but the React foam on the Vapor Streets is very responsive. It's a lot more responsive than the Zoom Fly, and I feel like the energy return makes up for the lack of a carbon infused nylon plate. At times, it actually felt really similar to the Vapor Fly's when I picked up the pace. So I would say yeah I was able to run at a faster than normal pace because of the energy return on them. My legs felt fresh too.

If you have the extra money, I would say give them a shot. Grabbing a pair off of Nike directly would be ideal because of their return policy, but they are currently sold out (unless you wait for a new color way), and I'm not sure what the return policy on boutiques like Kith, Bait, etc. is.

Thanks for the insight. I’m intrigued and want to pick up a pair. The closest size I can find is 8.5 and I wear a 9 in the Vaporfly, Zoom Fly, And Pegasus, and a 9.5 in the ZoomFly SP. I think I read they run a little big so I’m wondering if the 8.5 will work.

yes, they were.

need a volt cw on these ZF's. Dont shy away from what you used to do, Nike.

Got my streets in today. They are actually very comfortable, and I got the same as my flyknit racer size. I just can't get past the aesthetics of the heel. They will be going back to Nike. Does anybody have both the streets and the epic reacts? If the comfort is similar, I might have to pick up a pair of reacts. Those streets are very comfortable :pimp:

Got my streets in today. They are actually very comfortable, and I got the same as my flyknit racer size. I just can't get past the aesthetics of the heel. They will be going back to Nike. Does anybody have both the streets and the epic reacts? If the comfort is similar, I might have to pick up a pair of reacts. Those streets are very comfortable :pimp:
i'm using the 30 day return policy to see if the heel grows on me.

if the heel isn't uncomfortable, it should become a non-issue real quick

you can't really see it when you're wearing it and 1% of people who sees it would even care or notice

Streets are more comfortable almost like the react is tuned diff than reacts streets feel softer imo

i love everything about the aesthetic of the streets....if i wanted a pair that looked like everything else, id just wear reacts, fk racers/trainers, etc...the heel is what makes these for me. Just like how I love the heel on the zf sp...its ok to be different. walking around in a "street legal" version of the elites is pretty damn cool if you ask me.

any insights on why nike didn't offer either of the launch cws of the Streets in larger sizes? Didn't see anything above a 12 offered anywhere. Definitely a letdown b/c I was eager to try these.
I dont think they made the elites bigger than a 12...my guess is that the dimensions/design spec of the elite (however modified it became), dictated the sizing in the take down model vapor streets.

Back
Top Bottom