Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

The half size up from the ZF seems to be the right call. I initially switched my order from half size up to TTS, and apparently the store didn't switch the box that had my name on it. Tried it on blindly in the store and it fit perfectly, and didn't even realize I had left with the half size up pair until I got home.

MrKDes MrKDes Does it still have that "wobly" feeling when you just walk/stand on them like the OG VF?

I know exactly what you mean and no it did not feel that way at all. My OG's VF's have over 100mi on them and til this day, I still get that feeling you described.

I definitely did not notice it with the FK version.

Trying doing a live chat, tell the person you got too excited and forgot to enter your discount code. They should be able to apply it to your order.

tried it, no go

even tried to finesse a free upgrade to overnight shipping and they insist once the order is placed, it can't be altered

since sizes are back up i guess you can ask them to cancel and re-order for you again if they believe they can apply a discount on it

tried it, no go

even tried to finesse a free upgrade to overnight shipping and they insist once the order is placed, it can't be altered

since sizes are back up i guess you can ask them to cancel and re-order for you again if they believe they can apply a discount on it
That’s a complete lie. Done that many times

they've done it before but lately, the past few months, that's been their excuse and i've even spoken to a supervisor

maybe i'm just wash and ain't as slick anymore

edit: trying to get half a size up and the only way to do it is cancel then re-order

Mark Jim: We are unable to modify the order but we can still request for cancellation.
Mark Jim: Then you can re-order the correct size, this is the easiest and fastest way we can resolve this
Mark Jim: Do you want to cancel instead?

Last edited:
Three per order

What about individual orders? I ordered a 12.5 this morning via Nike app no problem.

Wanted to have a 13 as well per everyone's size up recommendation. I kept getting screwed when trying to place an order for a size 13 via Nike app and NDC.
Got a phone rep to complete the order, received confirmation. Then 2 minutes later received a cancellation notification.

Stock issue I suppose? Or Maybe Nike is for once trying to curb the resale market.

Funniest thing though...the rep that placed the order, was like, "man we have been getting hammered all day about this shoe. It wasn't on our calendar, how did you know about this, whats your secret?"

He clearly doesn't NT :nthat:

or is bad at his/her job :lol:

the date was announced when Nike announced it iirc, its probably still in their new archives

edit: managed to cancel my 9.5 and got a 10 and talk them into giving me free overnight shipping

no go on extra discount though

Last edited:
All these posts talking about going half a size up are making me nervous about going TTS haha. I still haven't had a chance to run in mine :frown:
I wear 8.5 in epic react, 9 in ZFSP, 9 in VF1, 9 in ZFFK, and 9 in VFFK (finally got my pair after having to track the thief down with my bldg's staff). The sizing issues are overblown IMO

giphy.gif

Worried these just won't fit - no 14s are made and everyone is saying to size up (i amnormally a 13 in Nikes except for SPs I needed a 14)

All these posts talking about going half a size up are making me nervous about going TTS haha. I still haven't had a chance to run in mine :frown:

Nah, not buying that half size up talk. Shouldn't be a difference in length. Flynit initially too tight when new? It will stretch to fit.

Wasn't expecting anyone to buy into anything. Just gave a suggestion on how it felt comfort wise and what I've read about giving your foot, primarily your toes, room to spread during your runs.

I would think having your toes snug/tight against the toe box would be something most wouldnt consider for a running shoe but I guess that not may the case for all. It could be that your TTS leaves enough toe room.

Same sizing questions came about with the initial release of the zoom fly and vaporfly. For the most part, there was a fair share that stated TTS between the two, some stated to go a half size up from their ZF sizing. This will probably be a case-by-case basis with this release. I know for sure if I went with a 10.5, they would've gone back.

Thanks all. I'm neurotic and indecisive, so when I don't have the ability to compare and choose between two options directly, I get a little squirrelly haha. The 10s feel snug but not uncomfortable, and I have enough room and length in the toebox. I'm just waiting for Roadtrailrun to tell me that they went TTS and I'll feel batter :D

I guess people recommended going 0.5 size up in the Epic React too and TTS was fine for me.

Last year, some were saying 1/2 size down on VFs compared to now. Everyone's foot is different though.

Ordered a pair of the VF 4% from NDC at 9:01 am today came home from work and they were sitting on my door step. I paid for 2 day shipping and they were do to arrive on Saturday. I have never had anything delivered so fast in my life other than food of course. But props to Nike on the crazy fast shipping. As far as fit goes. I just tried them on and they run snug for sure. Not uncomfortable by any means but snug. I’m sure they will stretch a little but will see.

Back
Top Bottom