Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

yall know what, check your inbox on the app or email and if you got this deal from nike, this becomes a good deal, only wish they send the disco on the 2.29 or earlier instead of 3.1 so maybe we could have used it on the alphaflys but i am sure nike knows what they were doing

2264D21D-343B-4348-80D8-538C7691E9C6.jpeg

yall know what, check your inbox on the app or email and if you got this deal from nike, this becomes a good deal, only wish they send the disco on the 2.29 or earlier instead of 3.1 so maybe we could have used it on the alphaflys but i am sure nike knows what they were doing

2264D21D-343B-4348-80D8-538C7691E9C6.jpeg
Doesn’t look like I received this. Is there a code or does it automatically apply when you have $150 of item in your cart?

no code, it just says order through the account and you’ll get it

i got both an email and a message on the nrc app

ZF2 X VFN (via GOVRN’s IG

375E1EE8-5390-4E64-97AD-FFDF5C95EC70.jpeg

I had my second run in the VFNs at around the same average pace as my first run (~6:30). I felt some irritation on my second left great toe after mile 2. I had to lace them up tighter and alter my left foot strike to keep me going my seven miles. I was anticipating a bloody toe nail. Fortunately, one didn’t develop. I haven’t had any irritation from any of my shoes in a long time until this run. I think it’s because the VFNs fit small :frown:. If the upper was flexible like flyknit, I don’t think I’d have this issue. Maybe they need more breaking in?

Just curious....what’s the tipping number for you guys??

i don’t want to stomach $300 retail...... but the 4’s then Next...I just won’t fly any other way (especially race day)

im super excited to get my hands on the Alpha and won’t even hesitate at $300.....

but whats YOUR number where your like.....hummmm....I don’t know....

Member when they did the first release of the Next%. It was so limited. Sold out instantly, and hardly anyone got em. I swear they released like 2 pair in every size.

I wonder if this will also be the case with the 2/29 release of the Alphafly. I'm hoping that it's fairly plentiful as I'd like to race in it at Boston.

Member when they did the first release of the Next%. It was so limited. Sold out instantly, and hardly anyone got em. I swear they released like 2 pair in every size.

I wonder if this will also be the case with the 2/29 release of the Alphafly. I'm hoping that it's fairly plentiful as I'd like to race in it at Boston.
My assumption is that the pairs will be extremely limited and this just intended to be compliant with the new World Athletics requirements. This time though the release appears to be global at least. The NRC app asked me to sign up for notifications.

That said, there's already an $800 CAD bid for size 10s on StockX. This does not bode well.

dont worry about resell, a lot of resellers overestimate how much actual runners who wants to run in shoes are willing to pay above retail

as for it selling out, its definitely not gon sit so just try your best

I have the same concern. Definitely want to grab a pair for Boston; however, after the VF Next% initial release I know that it may not happen. I have a fresh pair of the BRS VF Next waiting for Boston if this falls through.

I have the same concern. Definitely want to grab a pair for Boston; however, after the VF Next% initial release I know that it may not happen. I have a fresh pair of the BRS VF Next waiting for Boston if this falls through.

I’m in the same situation for Boston. Have a pair of pink next % waiting in case I strike out

The plan was to release the Alphafly early April as a member exclusive worldwide so that people had time to break them in for Boston and London. All the World Athletic rules have done is shifted the global release date a week early. Only reason why there is a memeber exclusive in the US at the end of the month is because "membership" moments need to be targeted for key events in big cities. The fact that we can't have a Membership moment for London/Boston marathons means we have had to go to plan B and target the US Olympic trails. Hence why the US athletes got their Alphafly's so late into their training, they were suppost to be racing in the Vaporfly Next%.

Don't worry guys, stock should be good. Nike want to dominate the spring marathons with the Alphafly.

Damn that video just proves that No One does it like the Swoosh....

Was just gonna post it, very interesting stuff and makes you not even think about buying another brand. Watching the vid gave me the feeling of 25 years ago when I got into shoes and Nike Air and being a kid you felt you were wearing space tech.

This other one is really good too, it's impressive that 76% of their apparel uses recycled materials:

it is funny because before vaporfly existed, way back when nike first introduced the flyknit racers/trainers, people laughed at a thought or people running on nikes

then the swoosh puts their $$$ on research/resources and got behind and pretty much changed the game

it is funny because before vaporfly existed, way back when nike first introduced the flyknit racers/trainers, people laughed at a thought or people running on nikes

then the swoosh puts their $$$ on research/resources and got behind and pretty much changed the game

Yo this. I've been saying this for a while to my friends. It's really funny how four years ago no shoe brand was definitively better than any other (tech wise, not design wise lol) in making running shoes and generally Nike shoes were only alright for running and now they for real make the best running shoes in the world.

I was the recipient of those laughs for years! lol I was made fun of and frowned upon just for wearing Nikes since the Lunaracer/LunarTrainer days. Family/Friends/Runners sounded like a broken record saying, "person X, who's a serious runner, runs in (insert any brand but Nike). Maybe you should check them out."

Last edited:
the competition

missing is the hoka carbon x which i sort of want to try

everyone else can put a plate on their shoes but can they put air pods or regular air on theirs?

also touching up on adidas' lack of effort, how is skechers killing you in the running game or any sports really...?

Back
Top Bottom