Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

thanks for sharing the pics

how pliable is the upper? i read somewhere on ig that its pretty tight and the opening doesn't stretch as much but she seemed convinced she can run in them without laces either

The upper feels great and def. has a more molded/form fitting feel vs. the Next%. I would equate the sensation to the FK4%. Having said that, it is HARD to get into (to the point where I thought I was going to rip it for a second), but once it's on, it feels very good. I don't know if I'd go without laces, though...

appreciate the info

looks like its going to be struggle to get my wide foot into it but im willing to try :lol:

not to bombard you with too many question but how durable do you think the sole will be? the black rubber on the forefoot looks to be durable but it could also be as soft as the zoomx foam, is it pretty much the same as the VFN%?

appreciate the info

looks like its going to be struggle to get my wide foot into it but im willing to try :lol:

not to bombard you with too many question but how durable do you think the sole will be? the black rubber on the forefoot looks to be durable but it could also be as soft as the zoomx foam, is it pretty much the same as the VFN%?

Without having any time in them and only judging by hand, my gut is that the durability will be better than the OG/FK4%, but not as good as the Next%. The rubber overall just feels softer.

probably trying to compensate for the heavier pods so they cant put a more durableharder rubber outsole, sucks but it sound like it should get decent life at least

Nike gave every Trials qualifier a pair of its new Alphafly this week in Atlanta. A nice gesture that potentially evens the playing field, but that also means the runners didn’t have any real time to test it out, and certainly couldn’t use it on a long run or hard effort. But, that didn’t stop 95 women and 53 men from trying their luck with the technology that helped Eliud Kipchoge break two hours last fall.

:lol:

1583254206039.png
1583254218357.png

diadora really got the VF midsole surgically put their upper on
1583254260002.png

Wow, Nike really changed the game. Seeing other companies allow their sponsored athletes to swap their shoes' sole/tech with Nike's superior tech is crazy. Nike gets a lot of crap, deserving at times, but their hunger to innovate remains alive and well. Spirit of Bill Bowerman lives on and it's cool to see.

Without having any time in them and only judging by hand, my gut is that the durability will be better than the OG/FK4%, but not as good as the Next%. The rubber overall just feels softer.

Makes me want to stock up on VF Next%'s. I feel like Nike really hit the sweet spot with the durability / performance ratio.

Interesting side bar:
By the way, I watched a running warehouse video on Saucony's VF clone and they use Pebax (the same material type as ZoomX) and the designer said they decided to bead the foam (for reference it looks like boost pellets) because by using beads of pebax it increases the durability/longevity of the shoe by 50% which is crazy. I doubt Nike will eventually do that but i thought it was interesting.

My AlphaFly's came in yesterday. I've posted a few things on my IG page, but overall, from a sizing standpoint, the 12.5 in the AlphaFly fits nearly identical to my TTS 13 in my Next%. With the added ZoomX and the air pod units, the shoe LOOKS much bulkier, but all in all, it's still super lightweight.

How much room do u have in the toe box going 1/2 size down? My feet are pretty narrow and curious if that’s the right call.

Makes me want to stock up on VF Next%'s. I feel like Nike really hit the sweet spot with the durability / performance ratio.

Interesting side bar:
By the way, I watched a running warehouse video on Saucony's VF clone and they use Pebax (the same material type as ZoomX) and the designer said they decided to bead the foam (for reference it looks like boost pellets) because by using beads of pebax it increases the durability/longevity of the shoe by 50% which is crazy. I doubt Nike will eventually do that but i thought it was interesting.
I think using molded particle/beaded foam ends up causing the midsole to be heavier, but more resilent for longer. Kinda doesn't make sense for Nike to go that route at this point. Durability (or lack thereof) doesn't seem to dampen sales of ZoomX shoes!

My AlphaFly's came in yesterday. I've posted a few things on my IG page, but overall, from a sizing standpoint, the 12.5 in the AlphaFly fits nearly identical to my TTS 13 in my Next%. With the added ZoomX and the air pod units, the shoe LOOKS much bulkier, but all in all, it's still super lightweight.

I am not training for anything, nor do I have any races coming up, so I don't plan on wearing these for a while (plus I have a brand new pair of Next%). I did mention in a post that from first impressions, the Next% seem to be more durable and may last longer (AlphaFly doesn't have as much or as grippy of rubber on the soles and the upper feels much more delicate than the Next%).

These are all first impressions, so take them with a grain of salt. A few pics below:
IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I grabbed the same size as my NEXT% I hope they work out.

It appears that as for sizing Nike went back to normal with the Alphafly. I‘m actually surprised that many say they went TTS with the Next% and compared it with the Pegasus or Peg Turbo. In the 10 Pegasus I‘ve exactly the amount of space up front as in a 10.5 Next%. If I went TTS I would actually hit the front of the shoe.
Well, we‘ll see. Has anyone heard rumours about the set date of (pre-)release in Europe? Sometime in March is all I know...

what am i looking at there?

i scroll down a bit and gave up :lol:

sucks that theres nothing releasing for the la marathon this weekend, would have been a good follow up to the AF or to introduce the altitude VFN%s

the pair abdi has on
1583353113990.png

With this many pros opting for the NXT% over the AlphaFly, I wonder if this will have any effect on Nike deciding to discontinue the Vaporfly or not? Maybe there’s a big enough market for both VF and AF?

I know there’s the ZoomX racer coming out which looks to be more minimal, but if you still want the NXT% level cushioning and don’t like the AirPods on the AF, it sure would suck if the VF were discontinued

theres definitely room for both just like i believe there is still a marker for zf

what am i looking at there?

i scroll down a bit and gave up :lol:

sucks that theres nothing releasing for the la marathon this weekend, would have been a good follow up to the AF or to introduce the altitude VFN%s

the pair abdi has on
1583353113990.png

dam a good friend of mine was there for the trials... he ended up taking a nasty spill around mile 6...still finished but not in the top like he hoped...

still an amazing accomplishment to be an elite runner!

back in the thread for the first time in a while...can someone give me a TLDR version of the race shoes that nike's been putting out?
Vaporfly4%
Vaporfly4Flyknit
Vaporfly Next..etc?
Saw the alphafly's came out...is there anything that came out that im missing?
how do these all perform and what is the general preference?

I am not training for anything, nor do I have any races coming up, so I don't plan on wearing these for a while (plus I have a brand new pair of Next%). I did mention in a post that from first impressions, the Next% seem to be more durable and may last longer (AlphaFly doesn't have as much or as grippy of rubber on the soles and the upper feels much more delicate than the Next%).

These are all first impressions, so take them with a grain of salt. A few pics below:
IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

This! I picked up the next% volt when they first came out, but haven't had a race to run in them.
Is anyone in here using the next% on training runs? or should these carbon fiber shoes only be considered race day shoes?

Back
Top Bottom