Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Running Warehouse have a September date for the Bright Crimson Zoom Fly and Vaporfly.

has there been a leaked photo of what it may look like? I just checked the site and it just provides a generic pic with "coming soon"

So none of y'all have a problem with the narrow width of the Vaporfly 4%? Sent first pair back to Nike due to discomfort in left sole, just got new pair from Running Warehouse, feeling some discomfort in same arch location, this time on both feet?! Perhaps this isn't right for me.

You guys go TTS? I find the width to be fine on these, but the length is a bit short. Toes jammed at the top, or just barely enough room.

I got wide feet but tts feel great. The heel/ankle part is more compact than the ball and toe area of the shoes. On my 4% the arch discomfort flip flops from left to right randomly it seems one day one way another day the other way and sometimes it goes away when I run and sometimes it doesn't.

I got wide feet but tts feel great. The heel/ankle part is more compact than the ball and toe area of the shoes. On my 4% the arch discomfort flip flops from left to right randomly it seems one day one way another day the other way and sometimes it goes away when I run and sometimes it doesn't.

Aha, someone else that has experienced some arch discomfort! Weird thing on my 1st pair was there was only discomfort on the left shoe. Don't really feel it when running due to the sole compression.

To add to the discussion of arch discomfort, mine comes specifically from my right foot as I was told that I put too much weight on my foot with right leg.

I was able to take my Vaporfly's for their first proper run this morning and figured I'd share my thoughts. I bought a 12.5 and a 13 (my usual size) and initially thought the 12.5 fit better, but for running (and assuming foot swelling during runs, I ended up keeping the 13 and will be returning the 12.5). If these were strictly for casual wear, the 12.5 would do just fine (for those of you wondering about rocking them casually). On to my thoughts..

I've already put nearly 100 miles on my Zoom Fly's, which have really helped my running in that they've forced me to be less of a heel striker and more of a midfoot/forefoot striker - I feel like it's better on my legs.

The Vaporfly lived up to their reputation, but I had a few things working in my favor: 1) I ran at my local track as opposed to my usual neighborhood route, which is hilly. 2) I had fueled up with a healthy breakfast 3) The morning weather here in Atlanta was on the mild side, which I always thrive in when running. To add to that, I was excited about trying out the shoes and that probably contributed to the speed increase I experienced.

I'm a casual runner (15-20 miles/week) and try to knock out a 5K each time I run. My avg. pace is usually anywhere from 8:20/mile - 8:50/mile given my level of effort, schedule, diet that day, etc.

As soon as I got on the track and started my run, I noticed that my normal pace and effort wasn't going to cut it. It's hard to describe, but they felt too squishy during each strike and their energy return threw me off rhythm. I quickly sped up a bit and things started to really click. I had a feeling that I was going a little faster than my normal pace, but when my Nike app announced my first mile, I was at a 7:39/mile pace. My first thought was, "holy crap, they do make me faster," but I knew I couldn't keep that pace up for 5-6 miles as I was planning on doing. I ended up running 3 miles and calling it a day. While it was shorter than I had planned on running, my pace was much faster than usual, so I would call it a win.

I've never been one to rotate running shoes, but due to the pace they demand as well as the wear and tear (I noticed part of the paint already coming off in a few places, like the post from a few pages back), I think I will utilize these a couple times a week or when I plan on working on my pace. I'm not sure if I'll keep the Zoom Fly's in my rotation or scale back to something like the Pegasus', which are my usual runner and something a lot more neutral.

Either way, I'm definitely impressed with the shoes, but they demand speed and that may not be for everyone. I do worry about how long they will hold up and hope that I don't encounter issues with their quality after spending $250. All in all, a great shoe with amazing technology that hopefully can increase my pace in the long term.

Last edited:
Pulling the trigger on the zoomfly today. I think $120 is a fair price for these. I like both CWs but have never seen them in person. I'm leaning towards the Ice blues but was anyone surprised by the blue foxes in hand and prefer them over the other? No HB here just equally like them and want to get a pair before the sale is over. Thanks in advance

Pulling the trigger on the zoomfly today. I think $120 is a fair price for these. I like both CWs but have never seen them in person. I'm leaning towards the Ice blues but was anyone surprised by the blue foxes in hand and prefer them over the other? No HB here just equally like them and want to get a pair before the sale is over. Thanks in advance
I prefer the blue fox for the simple fact that they won't show as much dirt or markings if you put a lot of miles on them. Just my .02

Picked up a pair of lunar epic from the outlet the other day
Ran in them today and quite enjoyed them and the cushion lol

For those of you with both how do the zoom fly compare? I know vaporfly are game changers but can't find that in my budget rn :lol:

what's the difference between zoom fly and vapor fly? sorry haven't been keeping up with the running shoes lately.

This colorway of the Zoomfly came in stock at work today (uk). Yes it is the orange one that kevin hart is using and will be the 2018 race colorway. I can not describe the glow the orange gives off, it is so bright.

Attachments

• 20170904_132425.jpg
    20170904_132425.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom