Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

has anyone run in the zoom fly SP's? i'm assuming the upper kind of plasticky material would make them harder to run in because of how stiff it looks? feel free to correct me
I've put a little over 25 miles on mine and they're great so far.

Come release, anyone plan on running in these? :D

Nike-Zoom-Fly-Off-White.png

Why waste time thinking about it, when we all know that none of us will be able to buy them at a reasonable price. :lol:

The pictures I've seen of this type of wear with little mileage are all heel wear. You need to remember these are geared to forefoot striking as that is where the majority of the rubber on the sole is located.

I'm sure you could return them but you will likely run into the same problem with another pair. Your best bet would be to try and transition to a forefoot foot strike and you should get better life out of your pair.

Right, I have to end "this shoe is designed for forefoot striking" rubbish. How your foot hits the ground doesn't matter in this shoe. This shoe was designed for heel-striking or a midfoot-striking gait or running on your forefoot.

However, this shoe is designed for neutral runners. The people getting problems with wear on the heal are not netural runners, but have overpronation or supination in their gait cycle.

. Safe_Range.jpg

As someone who is a neutral runner and has the streak 6, which was designed at the same time as the Vaporfly 4% and has the same sole fomulated by an Formula 1 computer, I've had no problems with wear on the heel after 300+ miles in the shoe.

And for people asking nike to extended the rubber all the way to the heel, Nike removed that because the F1 computer said if you were neutral you wouldn't need it, and so that helps bring the weight down of the shoe.

Streak-6-Bottom.png

has anyone run in the zoom fly SP's? i'm assuming the upper kind of plasticky material would make them harder to run in because of how stiff it looks? feel free to correct me
The SPs are my primary running shoes, and I have no problems with them. The feel is slightly different from the normal Zoom Fly, but nothing worth noting.

ID on Fed's pants?

Also, does anyone know where a size 13 of the ZF SP's are? I bought a pair and sold them to fund my Vaporfly's....annnnd now I want them back..story of my life.

[/QUOTE]

So far, I'm impressed with my ZFs. Fit is good, tongue is perfect for me and the lunarlon feels like its the perfect density for what I need these for. I read in here a few days ago that these and the Vapors "demand speed". I agree if you're not heel striker. I'm more of a mid/toe striker and I feel like these make me put more effort into my run(not make it easier) and it's a great feeling. When I tried to heel strike, the lunarlon felt good but once my feet transitioned toward the forefoot of the shoes I started prancing(if that makes sense). I just kept hopping every step bouncing off of the midsole set up. It may be because I'm not use to heel striking though. Overall, they're solid IMO. I think I'm gonna keep these in rotation for days I want to push my self a bit harder(usually once week). I'll stick to my Freedom ISOs for my other 2 run days.

So far, I'm impressed with my ZFs. Fit is good, tongue is perfect for me and the lunarlon feels like its the perfect density for what I need these for. I read in here a few days ago that these and the Vapors "demand speed". I agree if you're not heel striker. I'm more of a mid/toe striker and I feel like these make me put more effort into my run(not make it easier) and it's a great feeling. When I tried to heel strike, the lunarlon felt good but once my feet transitioned toward the forefoot of the shoes I started prancing(if that makes sense). I just kept hopping every step bouncing off of the midsole set up. It may be because I'm not use to heel striking though. Overall, they're solid IMO. I think I'm gonna keep these in rotation for days I want to push my self a bit harder(usually once week). I'll stick to my Freedom ISOs for my other 2 run days.
I may try those ZF or wait for those knit versions that were posted on the previous page. I still want a pair of Freedom ISOs. I just ordered the Hoka One One Clifton 3 because of the great reviews.

the ice blue zoom fly is 112.50 shipped right now on jackrabbit.com in mens and womens sizes depending on your state if they charge tax

Right, I have to end "this shoe is designed for forefoot striking" rubbish. How your foot hits the ground doesn't matter in this shoe. This shoe was designed for heel-striking or a midfoot-striking gait or running on your forefoot.

However, this shoe is designed for neutral runners. The people getting problems with wear on the heal are not netural runners, but have overpronation or supination in their gait cycle.

. Safe_Range.jpg

As someone who is a neutral runner and has the streak 6, which was designed at the same time as the Vaporfly 4% and has the same sole fomulated by an Formula 1 computer, I've had no problems with wear on the heel after 300+ miles in the shoe.

And for people asking nike to extended the rubber all the way to the heel, Nike removed that because the F1 computer said if you were neutral you wouldn't need it, and so that helps bring the weight down of the shoe.

Streak-6-Bottom.png

Neutral, for sure, yep. The issue just happened to my shoe likely due to incidental contact. Anyone who is familiar with the Great Highway terrain know that the terrain can pretty much damage anything.

Come release, anyone plan on running in these? :D

Nike-Zoom-Fly-Off-White.png
I'll run in them if I can get a pair for a decent price. There's nothing I like better than a good looking, limited edition of a true Nike performance shoe that I can use for running and walking.

I'll run in them if I can get a pair for a decent price. There's nothing I like better than a good looking, limited edition of a true Nike performance shoe that I can use for running and walking.
i'd estimate a price of 250-350 for these, and these are some of the LEAST hyped out of the collection.

Back
Top Bottom