Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

The outsole on the Alphas seem thicker and potentially more durable than any version of the Vapor Fly, but that's not saying a whole lot compared to typical daily trainer durability. If you can afford it, go for it.
My vaporfly outsoles show noticeably less wear than my AF for similar mileage. The burn rate on the AFs for my foot strike and weight is scary.

I am considering it. I just getting into running and I was looking for something comparable to the Pegasus turbo. I thought that was suppose to be the tempos but those seem to be some what clunky
AF isn't
My vaporfly outsoles show noticeably less wear than my AF for similar mileage. The burn rate on the AFs for my foot strike and weight is scary.
That's not good! I haven't put enough miles on any particular pair of VF or AF to be able to tell yet.

I am considering it. I just getting into running and I was looking for something comparable to the Pegasus turbo. I thought that was suppose to be the tempos but those seem to be some what clunky

I run in Tempo and I like them. Yeah they're a bit loud, but the zoom pods definitely works giving you push off during run. I personally choose Tempo over Pegturbo, but again it's all about personal preference. If you get it from Nike or any running stores, you should be able to try on and decide yourself.

I tried on a pair and they felt too heavy for my style of running. I’m a slow to mid paced long distance runner. It sucks cause I actually ordered a pair of NBY tempos but after trying them on at NT I cancelled them before they shipped

I tried on a pair and they felt too heavy for my style of running. I’m a slow to mid paced long distance runner. It sucks cause I actually ordered a pair of NBY tempos but after trying them on at NT I cancelled them before they shipped
Have you tried on the Brooks Hyperion Tempo or Saucony Endorpin Speed?

anyone got the message regarding “run for science” program?

i got it on the nrc app and had to apply, sounds like a tester where they send you shoes and you run using the nrc app, i wish i screencapped the details when applying but thats the jist of it

anyone got the message regarding “run for science” program?

i got it on the nrc app and had to apply, sounds like a tester where they send you shoes and you run using the nrc app, i wish i screencapped the details when applying but thats the jist of it

got it the other day and applied as well

should be able to apply at studies.nike.com

do yourself a favor and go into an actual running store to get fitted and an analysis.

Nikes are great depending on your style and type of running but I’m not sure a slower pace run would be where the Tempos shine. Saucony etc are putting out world class shoes as well. Not every run needs to be in an alpha fly and trying to break records.

DSG also has 2-days 25% off no code needed. Tempo Next is one of them.
dsg.jpg

Returned mine.

But there’s an earlier post that comments on the Alphafly’s being different from the initial to the current colorways. Maybe it’s the same for the Tempos.

Are people liking these? Reviews seem mixed....

like any other shoe, it works for some and won't for others. prob recommend trying them on if possible to see if they work on your feet like others have suggested

im honestly still waiting for a bigger discount (hopefully around $125 mark soon) before trying them out

Are there any new Alphafly CWs slated for this year? I’m tryna get a pair as a gift. Not in love with the Mango but will resort to that if it’s the only option.

S sssstan FNL typically will have certain shoes on deep sale down the road. Im patiently waiting for the Tempo to be on lower $100 before I cop more pair.

steezymcfresh steezymcfresh Depending on when the gift is for. If you are looking for xmas gift, Mango is your best option at this moment. Depending on size, you might can get Eliud pair.
RW has some good sizes left on the OG Black/Green colorwa.

s3p4tu s3p4tu yup and im in no rush at all to get them while still going through some shoes i've picked up earlier this year. just so many other brands pumping out great shoes that the tempos were always relatively low on my list of shoes to run in

im honestly still waiting for a bigger discount (hopefully around $125 mark soon) before trying them out

No need to wait. Just buy from Nike.com now.
You can use them heavily, trash them etc.
If you dont like, then return them, you will get back 100% of your money.

PO

No need to wait. Just buy from Nike.com now.
You can use them heavily, trash them etc.
If you dont like, then return them, you will get back 100% of your money.

PO

yeah i know and that’s if you do it within 30 days. i’m in no rush for the shoes anyways and can wait for a discount down the line

got it the other day and applied as well

should be able to apply at studies.nike.com
I got the same invite but it only takes me to the NRC app...I tried the link you gave and it says can't be found...I'd really like to sign up for this...Does anyone else have another link that may work?...Thanks...

I got the same invite but it only takes me to the NRC app...I tried the link you gave and it says can't be found...I'd really like to sign up for this...Does anyone else have another link that may work?...Thanks...

check your feed on NRC, it should be on there for you to go through

Back
Top Bottom