Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

none taken, was just saying. We are all in the dark. Just the way they want us to be ha

I’m considering the 1080v11 and Mach 4 as well as the Invincibles, so will be interesting to see how they all compare, think those are Feb/March.

With the VF Next% 2 soon to be coming, is it safe to say that these Gyakusou's have been scrapped?

2019.1 nike vaporfly next% 99.99.99 a.png

2019.1 nike vaporfly next% 99.99.99 b.png

2019.1 nike vaporfly next% 99.99.99 c.png

With the VF Next% 2 soon to be coming, is it safe to say that these Gyakusou's have been scrapped?

i think these should still be released, VFN2 shouldn't affect these coming out
if im not mistaken, the gyakusou 4% was released a little before the VFN came out so these should hopefully still be in play for those that have wanted it from the first leaks

Been waiting for that bottom colourway to materialise. Hopefully they make it out there.

I believe these were a part of the Tokyo Olympics Gyakusou collection that was supposed to come out August 2020 but since covid it got delayed to when the olympics will be this summer. either way these gotta come out before the end of this year lol.

scheels has the below release dates on its release calendar. the release dates for the alphafly and vaporfly next% 2 should be pretty accurate, but I'm not sure if the tempo next% colorway is going to be released that soon

hyper turq tempo next%: feb 4
hyper turq alphafly: mar 18
white vaporfly next%2: apr 15

194955730690.jpeg

havent seen this before, he just used the top lace loops with elastic laces

Yea, in Tri, seconds matter and the AF are kinda a pain to put on quickly vs other options. He has raced like this for a bit now. Here are screen grabs from his last race, video while he was pissed, pacing around in the penalty tent... Lol

Screenshot_20210117-143150_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210117-143153_Instagram.jpg

makes sense but just surprised you can compete on high levels without fully securing it via all lace holes

Oh Wow Zoom X Next% 2

Attachments

• 138645870_2129007717241480_8979818933257172472_n.jpg
    138645870_2129007717241480_8979818933257172472_n.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 139521080_2129007710574814_8418081832436328967_n.jpg
    139521080_2129007710574814_8418081832436328967_n.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 56
I’m looking to ramp up monthly mileage to 200-250. Last time I did this I was rotating between a couple of Vaporfly Flynknits and seemed to avoid injury and generally found it comfortable day in day out (8:30 min/mile avg).

I have Alphafly and Vaporfly Next% (and Zoom Fly 3 and Pegasus Turbo 2). I’m rotating between these mainly between AF and VFN) and neither is making these runs feels as ‘effortless’ the day after as the Vaporfly Flynkits. Maybe a difference in the carbon plates I don’t know.

I’ve tried Epic React (1 not the 2) and Infinity and both seemed to add ‘fatigue’ to each run. I haven’t run in Pegasus since the 35 (should I revisit?).

What can you folks recommend in the line up (that I don’t have) that’s closest to the VFK? Or should I bite the bullet and head to StockX to stock up?

I’ve been seeing a lot about this shoe in the last few weeks... I’ve only ever ran in Nike but I am VERY intrigued....

I would second the endorphin speeds but it’s softer compared to the VF. So maybe the pros if you like the stiffness of the carbon plate.

endorphin speeds are good all around shoes, but i wouldn't really recommend having a plated/speedy shoe for everyday trying.

you should prob have easier/slower days which is what all those other shoes mentioned are usually used for in my case and having that many miles run in a month, i'd probably recommend having these easy days to avoid overtraining, fatigue, injury, etc.

just my input though and everyone's body/training is different from each other

endorphin speeds are good all around shoes, but i wouldn't really recommend having a plated/speedy shoe for everyday trying.

you should prob have easier/slower days which is what all those other shoes mentioned are usually used for in my case and having that many miles run in a month, i'd probably recommend having these easy days to avoid overtraining, fatigue, injury, etc.

just my input though and everyone's body/training is different from each other

What are the pros/cons of daily running in plated shoes? Why?

I’m looking to ramp up monthly mileage to 200-250. Last time I did this I was rotating between a couple of Vaporfly Flynknits and seemed to avoid injury and generally found it comfortable day in day out (8:30 min/mile avg).

Personally wouldn't use a carbon plate shoe for a daily trainer. Do u strictly do easy runs or have seperate days for speed? Also is that fatigued feeling from going that same 8:30 pace in the ER/IR?

I would recommend a maximalist shoe to help reduce the pounding on the legs. Something like the NB 1080v10, Hoka Bondi 7(has a rocker sensation), or the Sketchers Max Road 4 Hyper. If u want to stick to Nike I would just wait for the Zoomx Invincible next month since it's the same foam as flyknit 4%.

What are the pros/cons of daily running in plated shoes? Why?

there's no real scientific study to the pros and cons, but it'll just mainly have an effect on your gait cycle from videos i watched and stuff i read online

i'm not saying that a plated shoe should not be worn as a daily trainer, but a vast majority would use them on faster/longer runs and have a more traditional daily trainer for those easier runs

i personally have that kind of rotation and mainly its because i would prefer to just save the plated shoes and its benefits on race day. not everyone has the luxury to have a 2-3 shoe rotation with a race day shoe so i get it

Personally wouldn't use a carbon plate shoe for a daily trainer. Do u strictly do easy runs or have seperate days for speed? Also is that fatigued feeling from going that same 8:30 pace in the ER/IR?

I would recommend a maximalist shoe to help reduce the pounding on the legs. Something like the NB 1080v10, Hoka Bondi 7(has a rocker sensation), or the Sketchers Max Road 4 Hyper. If u want to stick to Nike I would just wait for the Zoomx Invincible next month since it's the same foam as flyknit 4%.

This..

My Kit:
Fast Day/Long Runs: Nike Next% VF/ finally retired my 4% VF
Easy Runs: NB Beacon V3/ (Soon ZoomX Invincible)

Back
Top Bottom