Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

The shoes came, the time didn‘t. My masterplan of losing some weight coupled with 3 weeks of easy mountain trail runs for regeneration really didn‘t lead to anything. So I guess back to the pains of tempo training…
I managed to go from about 44 to 41 minutes within a couple of months. But trying to push further has been a total mess since then 😒
3 minutes is a solid improvement though 💪

The shoes came, the time didn‘t. My masterplan of losing some weight coupled with 3 weeks of easy mountain trail runs for regeneration really didn‘t lead to anything. So I guess back to the pains of tempo training…
I managed to go from about 44 to 41 minutes within a couple of months. But trying to push further has been a total mess since then 😒

I know you're disappointed, but that's a HUGE chunk of time to take off. I remember when I was trying to run sub-20 in the 5K. I was sure that I was close for about a year and had a long string of 20:12 finishes. Then finally, it happened and broke through with a 19;48. I will tell you that as you get faster, you cease losing chunks of your times. You're getting closer to the sharp edge of the razor. At this point, assuming all things are equal with your training, while you should have no doubts that you'll get there, just know that it may take a while, you will have to find another level of "digging deep", and the right course on the right day. But it will happen. Keep plugging over the summer and one a cool day in the Fall, it'll happen.

I know you're disappointed, but that's a HUGE chunk of time to take off. I remember when I was trying to run sub-20 in the 5K. I was sure that I was close for about a year and had a long string of 20:12 finishes. Then finally, it happened and broke through with a 19;48. I will tell you that as you get faster, you cease losing chunks of your times. You're getting closer to the sharp edge of the razor. At this point, assuming all things are equal with your training, while you should have no doubts that you'll get there, just know that it may take a while, you will have to find another level of "digging deep", and the right course on the right day. But it will happen. Keep plugging over the summer and one a cool day in the Fall, it'll happen.
That‘s reassuring, and today I‘m actually positive again that I can do it, if I only return to the high-intensity training that helped me to cut off these minutes last year. During lockdown I went on time trials on my different home courses, where I always tried to top my former best, without however pushing to the limits. These runs were really effective and gave me quite a bit of fun over a couple of weeks. Since then I’ve focused too much on intervals only very slightly below race pace, and tempo runs at a solid pace, that were never really tough or painful though. That‘s over now, sweat and pain! Tremble in fear, damn 40!

FYI...I just confirmed at a local store here in Raleigh, NC that the Vaporfly Next% 2 is launching on May 13th and the Breaking 2 colorway will drop on May 20th...I'll have to get the Aurora Green colorway I want from Nike as that store will only have the White and Silver colorway on the 13th...

FYI...I just confirmed at a local store here in Raleigh, NC that the Vaporfly Next% 2 is launching on May 13th and the Breaking 2 colorway will drop on May 20th...I'll have to get the Aurora Green colorway I want from Nike as that store will only have the White and Silver colorway on the 13th...

Hmm…I wonder if it’s [REDACTED]? :nerd: Thanks for the nugget drop bro Haha

Last edited:
So NDC allows you to ATC the VFN2 aurora green thru a glitch when you check out other items but apparently can’t complete purchase lol.

however it did have an estimated arrival date of May 20. Just heads up for those thinking to order when they drop (likely May 13?).

So NDC allows you to ATC the VFN2 aurora green thru a glitch when you check out other items but apparently can’t complete purchase lol.

however it did have an estimated arrival date of May 20. Just heads up for those thinking to order when they drop (likely May 13?).
Yeah it won't allow me to do anything...LoL...I'm going to call around more tomorrow to see if anywhere close by expects to get the Aurora Green ones...

Running Warehouse is showing that they will have the Aurora Green in stock on Thursday.

Got them!...****'s Sporting Goods across from Triangle Town Center in Raleigh had this colorway in stock!...They feel amazing on the feet!...They also have the White and Silver pair and this colorway in the Alphafly's in stock...

Attachments

• 20210513_091834.jpg
    20210513_091834.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 195
8DCA229B-9CBA-4F3D-AE2F-302E43B22CD0.jpeg

OG showing up on NRC so I’m guessing that’s a good sign:emoji_fingers_crossed:
There are several running shops promoting that the breaking 2 CW will release next Thursday.

It seems like the CWs released today are not selling well. The sites I checked still have show all sizes available. Hopefully there is decent stock on the breaking 2 VF Next 2 next week.

I wish the colors stayed on the midsole around the toebox instead of bleeding into the upper and the swoosh was the traditional swoosh, like on the V2 prototypes. I think the prototypes looked the best out of any of the CWs I've seen, which is too bad.

i think imma skip this gen of VF unless theres just a must have CW for me or there is an NBY options we can play around with again

imma wait for the next gen/improvement of the midsole

I wish the colors stayed on the midsole around the toebox instead of bleeding into the upper and the swoosh was the traditional swoosh, like on the V2 prototypes. I think the prototypes looked the best out of any of the CWs I've seen, which is too bad.
I agree. The proto is the best yet; however the OG is nice. The white/silver CW would be much better with white instead of silver around the toe box.

Back
Top Bottom