Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

GOVRN Batch X is here!

FL3 X Zoom Tempo Next% - Mismatch (word to the NB RC Elite 2)

C5403B4B-7D39-4347-8C72-E84880D7E3D3.jpeg

Bit off topic but has anyone ran in or tried the Nike zoom rival waffle 5? Tempted to pick them up for £50

Zoom Fly 4 doesn’t look as fast as the previous version. The design makes it feel like a Zoom Structure upgrade as opposed to a tempo/race shoe derived from the Vaporfly.

Zoom Fly 4 doesn’t look as fast as the previous version. The design makes it feel like a Zoom Structure upgrade as opposed to a tempo/race shoe derived from the Vaporfly.
I see what you mean about the upper; however, these appear to have the same midsole so they’ll be good for fast paced and all around training.

The upper on the ZF2 was my favorite (Flyknit), and it even had a CF plate! Overall, it’s my favorite ZF.

The ZF3 had the best midsole/sole, but I wasn’t a fan of the VaporWeave upper at all because it wasn’t breathable.

The 4s have potential to be my favorite in the ZF lineage, as they have the best of both the 2s (Flyknit upper) and 3s (ZF3 sole). I’m almost certain we’ll see them on NBY too!

I see what you mean about the upper; however, these appear to have the same midsole so they’ll be good for fast paced and all around training.

Yeah, just thinking purely in terms of aesthetics — I’m sure these will perform nicely. Looking forward to seeing more color options…

I did not like the ZF3 midsole. Too rigid.. In the winter they felt like bricks. ZF2 felt softer. I like how those ZF4 look so I'll probably give in and try them, but with the same midsole as ZF3 I'm not holding my breath. We need something better for in between paces. To me it's Alphafly/Vaporfly then a big drop off for slower work. Peg37s are alright, I like the zoom air in the forefoot, but we need more lighter options for when I'm not doing a workout but I'm also not plodding. Hell I still see Mo Farah and Abdi out running in the PegTurbo.

I did not like the ZF3 midsole. Too rigid.. In the winter they felt like bricks. ZF2 felt softer. I like how those ZF4 look so I'll probably give in and try them, but with the same midsole as ZF3 I'm not holding my breath. We need something better for in between paces. To me it's Alphafly/Vaporfly then a big drop off for slower work. Peg37s are alright, I like the zoom air in the forefoot, but we need more lighter options for when I'm not doing a workout but I'm also not plodding. Hell I still see Mo Farah and Abdi out running in the PegTurbo.
I know you prefer Nike but I encourage you to try the Hoka Mach 4.

It's not a Nike, but the Rebel v2 for me is the spiritual successor to the Turbo in many ways where it feels good across a variety of paces and is crazy light!

Yes, this is the problem right now:

New Balance FuelCell Rebel v2 - 7.2oz
Hoka Mach 4 - 8.0oz
Brooks Hyperion Tempo - 7.2oz

Aside from AF and VF, where's that lightweight option from Nike? Sometimes I just want to feel efficient with a higher cadence on an easy run and don't need a 10oz+ shoe

Yes, this is the problem right now:

New Balance FuelCell Rebel v2 - 7.2oz
Hoka Mach 4 - 8.0oz
Brooks Hyperion Tempo - 7.2oz

Aside from AF and VF, where's that lightweight option from Nike? Sometimes I just want to feel efficient with a higher cadence on an easy run and don't need a 10oz+ shoe
You may want to check out the Rival Fly. This shoe is similar to the Zoom Elite.

Back
Top Bottom