Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

nah

plated shoes broke records

barefoot running broke kneecaps

For sure on the technology and records part.

but damn, you really shouldn’t be running in plated shoes everyday IMO. Don’t think most do but the casual runner who buys these as their sole running shoes may.

who knows.

For sure on the technology and records part.

but damn, you really shouldn’t be running in plated shoes everyday IMO. Don’t think most do but the casual runner who buys these as their sole running shoes may.

who knows.

i dont think most are running in plated shoes everyday and those who are casual runners arent just gon blow $150–$275 on a pair and even if they do, they dont tend to run everyday, maybe twice a week and in that case, i think they’ll be fine

like free runs retailed a lot less and could be scooped up on for even cheaper so it was a budget model to begin with and not only that but its on a time when nike wasnt seriously thought of as a good running brand so its probably just NTers who wore em most :lol:

I went +1/2 for the OG, VFN2 and Next% 1 (VaporWeave), but, for the Next%2s (Engineered Mesh), TTS provided the best fit for me.

CT2228-401-1.jpg
CT2228-401-2.jpg
CT2228-401-3.jpg
CT2228-401-4.jpg
CT2228-401-5.jpg
CT2228-401-6.jpg
CT2228-401-7.jpg
CT2228-401-8.jpg

Are these new Off White Zoom Tempo Next% actually suitable for running or are they just casual? Not sure how the "track spikes" on the bottom will affect running. Sorry if this has been asked previously.

Are these new Off White Zoom Tempo Next% actually suitable for running or are they just casual? Not sure how the "track spikes" on the bottom will affect running. Sorry if this has been asked previously.

It's a fashion shoe. The spikes are one thing, but the upper is different and seems to have semi-transparent 'holes' that have minimal thread through them so I lockdown is worse. I think the upper would be the bigger reason why it's a step down from the original Tempo for running. The spikes would just make the traction kind of awkward and uneven but they wear down quickly and become flat so it's not really an issue. But honestly, I've seen people run in vapormax and roshes so anyone can run in anything, you just have to be comfortable with it. But if it were me, I wouldn't try it necessarily.

I'm hoping they'll be good for running. I'm going to try to get a pair and will give them a try. The spikes don't matter because they're soft and will wear off within days.

I'm hoping they'll be good for running. I'm going to try to get a pair and will give them a try. The spikes don't matter because they're soft and will wear off within days.

I suppose I don't understand this logic, but why not just buy the actual Tempo that's made for running and not a lifestyle shoe ?

I suppose I don't understand this logic, but why not just buy the actual Tempo that's made for running and not a lifestyle shoe ?
Because my ideal sneakers blend performance and lifestyle. It's the same reason that my preferred sneakers for playing tennis are the Zoom Vapor RF x AJ3. I can also wear them casually and they signal something to other sneakerheads.

I'm not super crazy about these Zoom Tempos or the Zoom Tempo as a model, but Nike so rarely does good (or any) collabs with performance running, that I'll take what I can get. Would I rather have an OW Vaporfly or Zoom Fly? Absolutely!

My thoughts exactly!

Because my ideal sneakers blend performance and lifestyle. It's the same reason that my preferred sneakers for playing tennis are the Zoom Vapor RF x AJ3. I can also wear them casually and they signal something to other sneakerheads.

I'm not super crazy about these Zoom Tempos or the Zoom Tempo as a model, but Nike so rarely does good (or any) collabs with performance running, that I'll take what I can get. Would I rather have an OW Vaporfly or Zoom Fly? Absolutely!

i have a couple of questions. is there a running thread somewhere on NT? if so how can i find it.

also, anyone know which app is used below? thanks y’all!

Attachments

• D21D6831-A8D9-4071-8F4A-8DC406616D31.jpeg
    D21D6831-A8D9-4071-8F4A-8DC406616D31.jpeg
    911.5 KB · Views: 557
i have a couple of questions. is there a running thread somewhere on NT? if so how can i find it.

also, anyone know which app is used below? thanks y’all!

run with Nike in general.
Definitely was more active when Nike+ was a thing (pod, wristband, fuelband, etc) but all apps are included. I still use Nike + though

Back
Top Bottom