Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

i don't think that's the case. the shoes are sitting most places now. definitely not the same hype as when the OG 4% released
They also made crazy huge runs of them this year. And they had supply chain issues so they didn’t get released as spread out as they wanted.

We also have a ton of the first versions that we didn’t run in cause of Covid so the new slightly updated versions are not a must have type thing.

Thanks buddy. Maybe I'll take a drive over tomorrow. Gotta check out the hats.
I think the AF is just not as popular as the VF, and it's probably not just the price difference. I actually prefer it to the VF and just copped a pair of the Natures.
I saw Ben Johnson has a pair of the Nature and mentioned they’re more comfortable than the standard AF.

i don't think that's the case. the shoes are sitting most places now. definitely not the same hype as when the OG 4% released
I agree. The demand has decreased as other brands have introduced super shoes. I know of people who were by VFs a few years back that hated Nike but wanted the best shoes. They now have the option of getting a shoe that’s close to the VF but go with NB or ASICS.

We also have a ton of the first versions that we didn’t run in cause of Covid so the new slightly updated versions are not a must have type thing.

none of your reasons are wrong, but take into consideration nike ramped up production on the AF/VF to make it more widely available and also the competition finally catching up and providing a shoe that is nearly as good as what Nike offers, then you're bound to see more of the AF/VF sit and not sell out as quick.

you also have to take into consideration that Nike usually always limits numbers of a new hyped shoe before the flood the gates with all these different CWs and eventual NBY options

none of your reasons are wrong, but take into consideration nike ramped up production on the AF/VF to make it more widely available and also the competition finally catching up and providing a shoe that is nearly as good as what Nike offers, then you're bound to see more of the AF/VF sit and not sell out as quick.

you also have to take into consideration that Nike usually always limits numbers of a new hyped shoe before the flood the gates with all these different CWs and eventual NBY options
Agreed. I think the comp is offering different options which hurts them but I don’t think Nike charging $300 for them is that far off. It’s right around the corner.

I took the Gyakusou VF Next out for a first run today. I bought these a while back when Sneakers n Stuff had them for $180 and didn’t love the feel of the upper so they sat in the closet for a while.

I recently saw a video of Olympic bronze medalist Paul Chelimo working out in these so I decided to take them out today. The upper felt stiff walking around but once I got running they felt fine. I ran a comfortable three mile progression working down from 6:30 to sub 6 miles.

Also I had to do a lace swap with an old pair of FK racers.

61C942ED-81D8-4F64-B7FC-2070747708EF.jpeg

Last edited:
I took the Gyakusou VF Next out for a first run today. I bought these a while back when Sneakers n Stuff had them for $180 and didn’t love the feel of the upper so they sat in the closet for a while.

I recently saw a video of Olympic bronze medalist Paul Chelimo working out in these so I decided to take them out today. The upper felt stiff but once I got running they felt fine. I ran a comfortable three mile progression working down from 6:30 to sub 6 miles.

Also I had to do a lace swap withe an old pair of FK racers.

61C942ED-81D8-4F64-B7FC-2070747708EF.jpeg

seqouia laces from a volt Flyknit racer?

Exactly so why would you think they would charge you LESS for a shoe?

I am pointing out that none of nike pricing makes sense. It's a cash grab. I like you and everyone else is in this thread is guilty of letting it get to this point. My initial point was there was nothing the recycled version does over the other shoe that makes it worth an extra $25

I am pointing out that none of nike pricing makes sense. It's a cash grab. I like you and everyone else is in this thread is guilty of letting it get to this point. My initial point was there was nothing the recycled version does over the other shoe that makes it worth an extra $25
The new version has Flyprint which was previously only available in a very limited drop of the VF Elite.

The new version has Flyprint which was previously only available in a very limited drop of the VF Elite.

It also has recycled materials from previous nike sneakers ...

There's a CDG Foamposite that does nothing functionally different then a regular foam going for ~$530 MSRP

I'm sure there is a way nike could spin it where on paper it should make sense. I own a pair of Vaporflys, Alphafly's, Invincibles and have been dripped in nike mostly my entire life. I am guilty of supporting the brand. I am not immune to acknowledging consumerism and capitalism has gotten out of hand.

Seeing the Grey Flyknit upper on IG makes me want to order a design!

DA71EDF5-AC22-4CE0-B37F-9D53D531EB8A.jpeg

FE5EE1A1-4DD2-40BB-857F-326D6C178AFF.jpeg

So far, I’m hanging onto my FK uppered designs; three Black and one Red. I’ll cap it off with a Grey one… AND maybe get the Nature

Wabbits… early stages
9304F7D3-5DF3-4409-975C-E026DAC4CDE2.jpeg

1728DAC2-6753-4609-A802-39BFE8175301.jpeg
If only the Pink was toned down a ton! Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom