Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

invincible NYC

1639545340388.jpeg

1639545361690.jpeg

1639545384809.jpeg

Oh, new color... I thought the next iteration (small upper update) was coming in the beginning of 2022.

no issues here and don't really see anyone else complaining about it here
might just not work for you or maybe you need some stability shoes instead

This. I haven't heard anyone else complaining about ankle pain from running in these. This has been the go to easy day recovery shoe for most of my friends in my running circle and they're all over the board in terms of what their uptempo shoes are (talking sub 3 marathoners). Hell, I have no problem putting pace in these when I want to. Also, I think the common thing here a lot of us have spoken up about is that they great value when available under retail.

This. I haven't heard anyone else complaining about ankle pain from running in these. This has been the go to easy day recovery shoe for most of my friends in my running circle and they're all over the board in terms of what their uptempo shoes are (talking sub 3 marathoners). Hell, I have no problem putting pace in these when I want to. Also, I think the common thing here a lot of us have spoken up about is that they great value when available under retail.

exactly why i (and looks like many) can't really come to complain much about the shoe. paying about $100 for this shoe that has been pretty durable and has been able to go through various paces made it a great purchase. my only complaint would be the upper/looks of the shoe not being my favorite, but im okay with giving that up for performance and comfort on my runs

also something that has been mentioned already and feel like should just be known is that everyone has different feet/running mechanics, so just cause you have issues with a shoe, doesn't mean everyone will and same goes for if you have no issues, doesn't mean it won't apply to others

exactly why i (and looks like many) can't really come to complain much about the shoe. paying about $100 for this shoe that has been pretty durable and has been able to go through various paces made it a great purchase. my only complaint would be the upper/looks of the shoe not being my favorite, but im okay with giving that up for performance and comfort on my runs

also something that has been mentioned already and feel like should just be known is that everyone has different feet/running mechanics, so just cause you have issues with a shoe, doesn't mean everyone will and same goes for if you have no issues, doesn't mean it won't apply to others

This too. Not everyone here is doing the same amount of miles or pace for that matter - too many variables to account for where making blanket statements not necessarily helping people.

Based on other running shoe-related groups/boards/comments, there seem to be a number of people who had to quit using the Invincible due to ankle pain. I've encountered it myself, but only on rare occasions. So it's a real thing, but like any shoe, if it doesn't work for you, move on.

I don’t have enough miles to comment on potential ankle pain issues but first 2 runs so far I’ve run into the ankle collar rub issue. Also a hotspot underneath my big right toe that I’m pretty sure will go away. Midsole feel is fantastic. I’m hoping the ankle collar rub goes away with time because it’s otherwise shaping up to be great recovery or long run shoes.

This too. Not everyone here is doing the same amount of miles or pace for that matter - too many variables to account for where making blanket statements not necessarily helping people.
Same with blanket statements of them helping or not hurting peoples ankles…

Based on other running shoe-related groups/boards/comments, there seem to be a number of people who had to quit using the Invincible due to ankle pain. I've encountered it myself, but only on rare occasions. So it's a real thing, but like any shoe, if it doesn't work for you, move on.
This!!! Hence why I said people are still running in them?? Hence it hurts your ankles and we moved on!!!

I'm a beginner runner, twice a week, less than 3 miles
Would zoom tempo next% be a good choice?
I just don't know where to start between Nikes, Ultraboost, Hoka, etc.

Also I tried on the alphafly next% joints and :wow: those are the weirdest feeling shoe ever. And they are insanely light.

Also I tried on the alphafly next% joints and :wow: those are the weirdest feeling shoe ever. And they are insanely light.

If you want to go with a Nike look at the Infinity Run Flyknit 2. That will be your best option for the type of use you described.

Agree with the other person here. You can go for the tempo, but it's not as versatile. I like using it for fast days only, otherwise it feels clunky.

That being said, running is best when it's fun and it's supposed to be fun and when I started running consistently I was running 3 miles as fast as I could 3x a week and I used a running shoe meant for fast days (the og Nike zoom fly). If you're into the looks and you don't run that much I think you could go for it. But the react infinity is more versatile and I feel like it's a safer option.

I’d say the Infinity 1 or 2 (Full React / no plate) would be a good shoe to start with. If you want to get a faster ride, go with the Zoom Fly Flyknit a.k.a. Zoom Fly 2 (Full React with a CF plate).

Unfortunately you'd have to do trial-error until you find shoes that works for you. Just because others like the shoes, it doesn't mean it'd work for you. Everyone has different foot type, run mechanic, etc. If you have local running store, that can be a good place to start. No, d sporting good or footlockers are NOT running store.

Unfortunately you'd have to do trial-error until you find shoes that works for you. Just because others like the shoes, it doesn't mean it'd work for you. Everyone has different foot type, run mechanic, etc. If you have local running store, that can be a good place to start. No, d sporting good or footlockers are NOT running store.
Amazing advice....trial and error and find what works for YOU....

Also couldnt agree more about the running store....go on the treadmill and let them see your form and stride and they can recommend something that can accommodate

The best part of running is seeing what works.....it will make you WANT to run more to test something out and see if something will work....

Next thing you know you are planning family vacations around marathon trips....

Happens real fast...enjoy the ride

I mean it’s crazy that no one is telling you to grab a pair of Pegs. They are the easiest shoes to get into. They are built for 85% of runners. It’s a great spot to start.
I couldn’t agree more. Based on your frequency and distance, you probably don’t blneed a top tier shoe. The Peg is great for daily training. I have two pairs in my rotation and I think the shield version are better as they’re a little softer.

And right now you can find them for as cheap as could be. The 38s are great for everything. Slow and steady, tempo, speed(although you said short mileage a couple times a week so you prob won’t be doing much of speed workouts). I think it’s your best bang for your buck honestly.

Some good suggestions here (Infinity 2 and Pegasus 38). Also, sometimes it’s possible to find Epic Reacts (1 or 2) crazy cheap (StockX etc.). Lighter, lower stack and roomier midfoot fit than Infinity.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I have a issue of Pegasus 35 shield and they are a bit heavy compared to some shoes that I've tried on lately, plus they are meant for colder weather so I want something with more air flow. I might go with the Pegasus 38 fly ease.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I have a issue of Pegasus 35 shield and they are a bit heavy compared to some shoes that I've tried on lately, plus they are meant for colder weather so I want something with more air flow. I might go with the Pegasus 38 fly ease.
The heavy compared to other shoes thing is so insignificant for the type of running you will be doing. You didn’t say you were going for speed or anything like that and the minimal weight increase won’t effect you much over shorter distances.

Back
Top Bottom