Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Checked with Running Warehouse for the Zoom Vaporfly 4%; even though they had a product page with the Crimson colorway for today (can't find it online anymore), they indicated that Nike's been wishy-washy about availability and they're estimating mid-October now.

On a side note, why are the Vaporfly Elites not being made available to the USA?

It was available as drawing contest prize when the VFs first released.

They are making it limited to Berlin (and EU) because Kipchoge ran the marathon. He won it btw but missed the world record.

Finished @ 2:03:32
5119.jpg

and this dude gon' capitalize and make bank off of simply writing on a damn shoe
21980209_1467638246638936_7901114737864212480_n.jpg

looks like Kipchoges Nike gear (not just shoes) helped him win the Berlin marathon despite the bad weather?

his biggest competitions failed almost halfway through (one wearing Adidas :lol: )

if it wasn't for the bad weather, there might have been a good chance he beat that record

via: https://www.wired.com/story/live-from-the-berlin-marathon-you-cant-outrun-bad-weather/

Thick Air and Slippery Turns

From the start, Kipchoge, wearing a white singlet, black half-tights, and red shoes, tucked in behind the three elite pacers, who had been asked to lead the fastest athletes to halfway in a previously unthinkable split time of 60 minutes and 50 seconds. The rain soon became intense, and it became obvious that nobody was going to run so fast for the first half. Simply turning a corner required care and concentration. Every time the lead pack did so, they slowed considerably. As the rain intensified, Gideon Kipketer, the rangy pacemaker (and Kipchoge’s training partner) screwed his face up into the weather.

The lead pack, which included not just the three big names but the Ethiopian debutant Adola and the Kenyan Vincent Kipruto, made halfway in 61:30, a second or two outside world record pace. In the conditions, it was an excellent split. The weather also started to lift a little, and Kipchoge looked increasingly comfortable.

Bekele, though, was dropped from the lead pack at halfway, unable to live with the pace. He did not finish the race. By 17 miles, only one pacemaker had survived—Sammy Kitwara. He dropped out at the 30-kilometer (18.6 mile) mark, and so—to everyone’s surprise—did Wilson Kipsang, clutching his stomach.

Almost everyone was suffering. Not only was the road slippery, but the athletes’ clothes were sticking to the skin, and—most importantly—all the runners would have found it hard to regulate their temperature. One of the limiting factors in marathon running is an athlete’s ability to dissipate the heat generated while synthesizing the energy needed to run so fast. Mostly, body heat is lost through sweating. But, the thicker and warmer the air, the harder that process becomes.

For the final seven and a half miles, it was Kipchoge, the master, versus Adola, the newcomer. Adola, who is taller and has a scruffier gait, seemed relaxed, and Kipchoge looked actively irritated by the close attention the Ethiopian was paying him. Kipchoge asked Adola more than once to move either in front or behind him. Adola continued as he was, shoulder to shoulder with the senior man. As they jostled, the world record drifted away. At the 35-kilometer (21.7 mile) marker, Kipchoge was around six seconds outside world record pace. But, oddly, it was at this moment that Kipchoge began to smile. Battle was joined.

it will take alot more than better weather and the clothes to shave off 3.5 minutes from a real marathon course.

nah, the current world record is only 2:02:57

Kipchoge finished 2:03:32 so he was only 35 seconds behind for the official world record

his breaking 2 run wasn't official and not recognized as a world record because of the optimal conditions, pacers and drinks handed via scooters

oh nah :lol: I don't think it's possible to do in an actual marathon where so many things factors in as you stated

like in that race, the young rookie that was neck to neck with Kipchoge started crowding him even after asking him to go ahead or stay behind, dude supposedly stayed shoulder to shoulder with him and that affects the persons run/pace too

I do think if they give it another try in optimal conditions, it could be done even if it isn't officially a world record

Is it me or the midsoles are softer on these oreo sp than the og sp? I can confirm that These do run slightly smaller than the og's. Also, these are more stunning in hand than the og.

Last edited:
Is it me or the midsoles are softer on these oreo sp than the og sp? I can confirm that These do run slightly smaller than the og's. Also, these are more stunning in hand than the og.
I have both and the white/black ones definitely feel smaller than the OGs, but I can't objectively say how they're different. Thanks for making me feel less crazy. :D

They must have, I was on there shortly after that post, and it was only sizes smaller than 8
They were available for quite a while, maybe 20-30 minutes. I saw sizes on my phone before boarding the train but wasn't able to get anything to go through. (I missed two trains, trying to submit my order and getting error messages.) Finally checked out on desktop after I got home.

Back
Top Bottom