Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Older models in Olympic colour ways just for an athlete isn’t new
I find it a bit odd that the Alphafly's are meant to be EK's' shoe that he directly provides input/feedback on, so would have expected the latest model is catered to his liking and preference for racing. Surprised he not only didn't run in a v4 sample (like in Tokyo allegedly), but he skipped the latest released model and went back to v2 even. Makes me wonder who/where they're getting their athlete feedback from if its not EK for the AF updates...

I find it a bit odd that the Alphafly's are meant to be EK's' shoe that he directly provides input/feedback on, so would have expected the latest model is catered to his liking and preference for racing. Surprised he not only didn't run in a v4 sample (like in Tokyo allegedly), but he skipped the latest released model and went back to v2 even. Makes me wonder who/where they're getting their athlete feedback from if its not EK for the AF updates...

• "Insights and feedback from the largest-ever women’s testing pool for a Nike racing shoe helped improve the comfort of the Nike Alphafly 3 for all marathoners — from better arch support and toe protection to softer yarns in the upper for less rigidity and rubbing."
  • "The process for updating the Alphafly began by listening to the voice of the athlete. The Nike team knew the shoe had to meet the demands of both elite marathoners — whose near-perfect strides and record-breaking paces put the shoe on the map — and everyday marathoners chasing a spectrum of personal goals."
You'd think Eliud would have a large say in how the shoe is developed, but if the shoe doesn't work for everyday runners, they're not going to make much $$$

That said, Eliud did wear the Alphafly 3 in both Berlin '23 and Tokyo '24. He ran 1 minute and a half off of his PB in Berlin and struggled big time in Tokyo. He also ran in the VF2 in the Tokyo Olympics.

While it is theoretically a trail version of the VF, the UF1 feels nothing like a VF, even on flat, buffed out fireroads. It feels fast though (though not as fast as the Terrex Agravic Speed Ultra). I wholeheartedly welcome the more robust lug pattern (and hopefully deeper lugs), wider mid and forefoot base and weight drop.

i get it, the mountainfly feels more like an unstable VF than the UF but i still see it as the fast/race version for trail running and also suppose to look like a sleek road shoe than the hundreds of other rugged/bulky looking trail shoes already out there

i liked that it got lighter and they can give it a more robust outsole without making it look like the 4-5 other trail shoes they already have in production at swoosh

just looks like the design is too much of a departure from the first... but maybe its just me :lol:

IMG_2896.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom