Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Thank you for the Undefeated link. Just copped. Going to get a GR pair from Nike, so that I can test the sizing before I commit to running in the Nikelab pair. 

Oh snap, I got through UNDFTD with a size 12. Got my order summary email...

How do I know if they'll cancel or not?

Last edited:
copped on undefeated.

thanks for the link.

got a 20% code from nike too. going to use that on 4%s

I just bought a pair of the GR ice blue colorway at my local Fleet Feet. For all the people asking about sizing, I would recommend going up a half size. The fit is pretty similar to a Flyknit Racer. Length wise I was able to wear my TTS 10, but the arch was very noticeably hitting me further back towards my heel than I like. So I ended up buying a 10.5. I actually plan to run in these, so a little extra toe room is a bonus. I have narrow feet, so wide footers should definitely size up.

They come with a very thin insole, so if you plan to swap in an orthodic or specialized insole, keep that in mind. As far as the cushioning goes, it's not plush. Definitely targeted for fast responsive running. People getting these for casual use will probably be disappointed. The carbon infused nylon plate in the forefoot gives the shoe a rocker sole where you easily rock forward onto your toes. It's very noticeable.

Last edited:
I've been told UNDFTD ships pretty slow? 
frown.gif

got through on the labs on desktop. thing is, i'm out of the country in switzerland but was away in germany so thank you google chrome

remote desktop for letting me control my computer from my phone.
[h5]  [/h5]

Last edited:
I just bought a pair of the GR ice blue colorway at my local Fleet Feet. For all the people asking about sizing, I would recommend going up a half size. The fit is pretty similar to a Flyknit Racer. Length wise I was able to wear my TTS 10, but the arch was very noticeably hitting me further back towards my heel than I like. So I ended up buying a 10.5. I actually plan to run in these, so a little extra toe room is a bonus. I have narrow feet, so wide footers should definitely size up.

They come with a very thin insole, so if you plan to swap in an orthodic or specialized insole, keep that in mind. As far as the cushioning goes, it's not plush. Definitely targeted for fast responsive running. People getting these for casual use will probably be disappointed. The carbon infused nylon plate in the forefoot gives the shoe a rocker sole where you easily rock forward onto your toes. It's very noticeable.

Thank you for this! I know that this shoe nor the Vaporfly 4% isn't built for casual use, so I was expecting a pretty strong foot placement difference compared to regular shoes. Now from a running perspective, do you feel that runners who strike either heel or midfoot will have some trouble with these shoes?

NIKE LA told me to come they would have a few SPs in store at GROVE

lol im the dumbass for actually checking in at 10am instead of trying on undefeated or nike.com

Oh well, I'll never score these and hella salty lol

Thank you for this! I know that this shoe nor the Vaporfly 4% isn't built for casual use, so I was expecting a pretty strong foot placement difference compared to regular shoes. Now from a running perspective, do you feel that runners who strike either heel or midfoot will have some trouble with these shoes?

I'm more of a forefoot to midfoot striker and I think they'll be great. Heel strikers probably won't enjoy the cushioning, but maybe the rocker sole would still benefit them

I'm more of a forefoot to midfoot striker and I think they'll be great. Heel strikers probably won't enjoy the cushioning, but maybe the rocker sole would still benefit them

That's good to know. Perhaps, this can be a training tool to help me work on forefoot striking since it has more benefits than it does landing on the heel.

I would have been the same way lol I just wanted to rock em...other than ebay I wonder if there's anyway I can snag a pair still..

Pulling these off casually will be difficult, IMO. I'm more interested in their performance, so I can get more PRs! I can't wait to feel the propulsion of the CF plate!

That's good to know. Perhaps, this can be a training tool to help me work on forefoot striking since it has more benefits than it does landing on the heel.

Look into Newtons for improving your foot strike. :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom