Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

The firmness of the OG ZF made me a fan. I hope they aren’t Peg Turbo soft... I’m looking forward to your review. Most signs tell me that I’ll be a fan of the ZF2 though lol

ZF2 is definitely not as soft as Turbo. Actually I feel they are firmer than the OG, but still very comfy. I think CF plays some part of it. As far as sizing, in my case, they are the same as ZF1.

so is the upper mor elike vaporstreet, very pliable or tight like epic reacts?
To me it seems like it’s a little tougher than the epic react flyknit for sure. I just finished up with my first run in these and they are definitely better than the old Zoom Fly

does its flyknit have more stretch than the epic reacts?

Yes, more stretch. I find the flyknit of the Epic Reacts comfortable for running, but too tight otherwise. The same size in the ZF2 FK is super comfy for me. There's a bit of a padded heel cup around the top of the upper too that gives it a bit of structure. But along my forefoot, no, there's not that suction tight feel that you get across the top of your foot in the epic reacts, the fit is looser. Walking around in them right out of the box, the midsole did feel softer, but when I took them out and jogged and did some strides, they still felt a bit on the firm side. They came to my door right after I had wrapped up a tempo on the trail in the ZF1, so the feel from those was pretty fresh in my mind. Frankly, my first thought was that they felt about the same. Walking around, yeah, softer feel. But striding out, up on my toes, they felt pretty similar. Maybe my impression will change once I've done more running in them.

20180920001026_original.jpg

20180920001029_original.jpg

41278366_475356929642579_1238617828135945523_n.jpg

Last edited:
ZF FK’s arrived today. Just as everyone has noted, definitely can feel the React in these. Not a brick/ as hard as the OG’s

Just wish these came earlier. Went for a run during lunch and would’ve rather these then the VF’s I used

Out of curiosity, anyone in the US order the VF FK’s from that overseas site?

I did. Has anyone received theirs from there? I ordered them late-Thursday night, they were shipped Friday, and they've been showing as sitting in Frankfort airport since Friday evening.

I'm surprised that the ZF flyknit is heavier than the original. I thought that react was lighter than lunarion? If so, the flyknit upper must be heavier than the engineered mesh. Does this mean that the VF2 is also heavier than the VF1 ( real weight not nike figures!)?

My fellow Canadians: Nike Running has confirmed on a recent Instagram post that the ZF FK will be available from Sept 25th on NDC!

I'm surprised that the ZF flyknit is heavier than the original. I thought that react was lighter than lunarion? If so, the flyknit upper must be heavier than the engineered mesh. Does this mean that the VF2 is also heavier than the VF1 ( real weight not nike figures!)?

I think Nike has stated that they've come to the realization weight is worth sacrificing for energy return, because it has more of an impact on performance than weight reduction.

My fellow Canadians: Nike Running has confirmed on a recent Instagram post that the ZF FK will be available from Sept 25th on NDC!

People of Canada,

We know how nice you are and your poutine is A1. Please, help those south of you.

Yours Truly,
A fellow runner

I think Nike has stated that they've come to the realization weight is worth sacrificing for energy return, because it has more of an impact on performance than weight reduction.

Correct, but weight in the upper has nothing to do with energy return. If the VF FK is in fact heavier than the VF1, then there really is no performance upgrade and one could argue that the VF FK is actually worse than the original VF.

Mugen_EP Mugen_EP I actually spaced out and didn't realize you were talking about VFs and assumed ZFs haha. Actually the poster I was referencing was talking about Lunarlon and React factoring into weight too, so it had me confused because VFs use ZoomX.

I did. Has anyone received theirs from there? I ordered them late-Thursday night, they were shipped Friday, and they've been showing as sitting in Frankfort airport since Friday evening.

Mine came on Thursday. It looked like they were stuck in Frankfurt but then earlier in the week, I think Sunday night or Monday, it said they had arrived and been processed by customs on Chicago. They fit exactly like the ZF FK. Upper is super comfy.

Mine came on Thursday. It looked like they were stuck in Frankfurt but then earlier in the week, I think Sunday night or Monday, it said they had arrived and been processed by customs on Chicago. They fit exactly like the ZF FK. Upper is super comfy.
How does weight feel in comparison with the OG VFs?

Back
Top Bottom