Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

2CFCD93C-68C1-404D-875D-3A63E02E86D1.jpeg

Gonna give up on trying to make Nikes work for my wide AF feet. Been buying a 10 as well but may bump up to a 10.5 in the Pegasus as that’s the only wide offering from Nike. Oh well, back goes these VF, etc.

May try the Endorphin pros as I’ve heard good things for wide footers.

New Balance may be worth a look, I believe they offer wide in pretty much all of their models.

I had a 10km race today and chose the Tempo Next% as I was curious how they'd fair over a Vaporfly Next% and it wasn't a particularly big race so thought I'd save the mileage on the VFNs!

Man I love these things, they just feel so easy to just cruise at a harder pace. There isn't anything I'd say is a negative against the shoe.

I'm working my way back from injury, so I'm not near the fitness level I was at 3 months or so ago, so I set myself a target of hitting sub 43 today and got a 42:48 so really pleased with the shoes performance over a race! Really want the mango ones now!

Finally had my first run with Tempo Next. I actually like it. I don't really feel the rocker-feeling, but I can feel the push off from the air pods. It's quite stable considering I tend to pronate on certain shoes. The cushion is not too squishy and not too firm. Not hot spot, no discomfort from wearing thin socks, snug enough. It isn't too loud once you run on it. It's a keeper for me.
Glad to see another good review of the Tempos. I’m really enjoying my pair. I typically rotate shoes throughout the week including ZF3, Peg 37, Infinity, and VF Next; however, I’ve only wanted to wear the Tempo since I received them. I can’t think of a shoe I’ve enjoyed this much excluding the VF and AF.

Anyone know when the bright mango CW release?

B0F8C94A-9FA1-4F74-A8E2-769DB52FE43A.jpeg

Anyone know if an Apple Watch Series 6 will last a 3:15 marathon using only GPS and Bluetooth? No heart rate. No cellular. Assuming it’s fully charged about 3 hours before the start.

Anyone know if an Apple Watch Series 6 will last a 3:15 marathon using only GPS and Bluetooth? No heart rate. No cellular. Assuming it’s fully charged about 3 hours before the start.

definitely will. ran a 3:30 marathon with my series 4 having GPS, bluetooth and HR on and battery was not an issue at all.

Just ordered my first pair of customs. They‘re NBY Tempo’s. What’s people’s turn around time been with NBY recently?

So the Tempos come in plain orange Nike box? I bought the B/W pair and was disappointed in the presentation. The alfafly comes in the white or black box stylized and has the dust bag as well.

So the Tempos come in plain orange Nike box? I bought the B/W pair and was disappointed in the presentation. The alfafly comes in the white or black box stylized and has the dust bag as well.

What did you really expect?
Zoomfly = Orange Box
Peg Turbo = Orange Box

The Tempo is basically just a trainer. I think this goes along with the negative reviews of the Tempo. People are expecting too much from it based on the price point.

I ran a 3:38 with a Series 3 with LTE music streaming and AirPods, it had like 10% left though lol I just picked up the Nike series 6 LTE 44mm, loving it so far!

Member suchafraud23 suchafraud23 brought up the same complaint.
Apparently only the launch white Men's pair has a special box.

PO

What did you really expect?
Zoomfly = Orange Box
Peg Turbo = Orange Box

The Tempo is basically just a trainer. I think this goes along with the negative reviews of the Tempo. People are expecting too much from it based on the price point.

$50 is a big jump and the point where maybe presentation might be important.

Don’t give me the dust bag and a Kipchoge card. At least give me the box for $200 (well $160). Maybe a different color and Nike racing branding.

4E02DADE-6A00-4512-9D43-C253CCDA1C53.jpeg

My Tempos came in the white box, no dust bag. The box has the 00:00:00 on it in a ghost like embossed font and on the medial side of the shoe near the heel it says:

Nike Running
2020 07 24 Just Do It
35° 39’ 10”N 139° 50’ 22”E

I think I remember someone mentioned these were the pairs for the Olympics pre global pandemic cancellation.

its the ZF replacement and a third tier performer behind the VFN% and AF in its line-up

id definitely rather have a shoe bag than a special box, at least it has some use, im gon’ sound like an arrogant prick but i usually dont wear my running shoes on the way to wherever i am running at whether its a park or track and then remove ’em afterwards so i utilize those bags

especially with the VF/AF where i want to preserve every precious rubber :lol:

Not unreasonable to want a cool box for $200

anyway. After a few runs I don’t think I like the tempo enough to pull the trigger on an ID (at $130!)

they are cool but maybe just not for me. Also overall the 12.5 fits me great but the 13 gives me the length I need so there’s that as well. Oh well!

Back
Top Bottom