Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

so soft, so cushy yet so bouncy and energetic

ended up running a few miles more than usual

thumbnail_IMG_9818.jpg

its so comfortable and plush that i sleep with them on

NT feels like its running faster just by having the invincibles on my feet

and next time im with my girl, guess what shoes ill have on my feet? that's right, the invinicbles and best believe she'll feel the extra bounce and energy return... as i lap her in the circuit... and in bed

shoe is just great and when invincibles 2 comes out with a flyknit upper and less padding to make em lighter, its gon' be better

gon' double up at retila dn might triple up and quadruple up when it goes on sale

Well we all know how the product cycle would be. We probably would see significance change in the 3rd rendition. I personally like the current upper and I'm glad they change the upper on IR2 to non-flyknit. Yeah the lace is a bit thick and stiff. I need to adjust the lacing if I don't want to get any extra pressure. Will cop more pairs if the price is right.

I like to run in the tempos more than the Invincibles, but I'm going to stockpile on the Invincibles when on discount.

It's too bad we won't get an NBY on the Invincible.

Pure platinum colourway of Invincibles popped up in the Nike UK store for women, shame they don’t cater to the big footed women out there, would have grabbed a pair already lol

12F019B4-A619-49E8-9424-0C3992C8DE64.jpeg
6B21EDBD-BAB3-4CA3-A22E-FAC9B6432836.jpeg
This CW is like the one that was spotted on the Next% 2 as well... Also I saw a Pro ( Mike Foppen I think) that got the Next %2 in that white and silver CW, so it seems like this is gonna drop soon as well then.

Hope so, although I’d prefer that breaking 2 colourway of the next% that we saw a glimpse of.

I noticed on the next% 2 page that it says there is an internal foam pod in the heel of the shoe which I never saw mentioned anywhere else 🧐

9B7B6D27-C5B9-48D9-8006-3566BE64D462.jpeg

shoelaces are stiff and short, but small problem

am i the only on who likes the laces being tough as it is? it doesnt feel flimsy and stretchy and i like that, granted it is on the short side but i like these robust laces

am i the only on who likes the laces being tough as it is? it doesnt feel flimsy and stretchy and i like that, granted it is on the short side but i like these robust laces
I’m with you. I really like the texture and thickness, but they require a little extra effort to double knot because of the the length

I wish there were some GR engineered mesh with waffle sole VFN%

personally my favorite but was only available via NBY. Hopefully the 2s are on par

87EAAE4F-F955-4E12-A34A-07FCA80191A7.jpeg

They finally came in last night. Started today’s run in the Peg Trail GTX due to heavy rain, finished the last 1.25mi in the Invincible as the rain backed off.

First take aways:
-The traction nubs on the sole don’t provide much traction on wet concrete/bridges, slow down on turns.
-T-Rex sounding thuds but maybe will dissipate after break in.
+Comfort is unmatched. PLUSH. LAVISH. PILLOWS.
+TTS although the beefed heel/collar padding almost makes me wonder if a half size up would pass.

Running in the rain definitely makes me hope there’s a shield/GTX version within the year! The “evolved Flyknit” feels like engineered mesh, but definitely a step up from the Infinity React 1. Looking forward to logging more, drier miles in these!

87EAAE4F-F955-4E12-A34A-07FCA80191A7.jpeg

They finally came in last night. Started today’s run in the Peg Trail GTX due to heavy rain, finished the last 1.25mi in the Invincible as the rain backed off.

First take aways:
-The traction nubs on the sole don’t provide much traction on wet concrete/bridges, slow down on turns.
-T-Rex sounding thuds but maybe will dissipate after break in.
+Comfort is unmatched. PLUSH. LAVISH. PILLOWS.
+TTS although the beefed heel/collar padding almost makes me wonder if a half size up would pass.

Running in the rain definitely makes me hope there’s a shield/GTX version within the year! The “evolved Flyknit” feels like engineered mesh, but definitely a step up from the Infinity React 1. Looking forward to logging more, drier miles in these!

You take such good care of your Invincibles makes me embarrassed to say I trash my Vaporflys first time out in driving rain with 15 mph winds. Still works like new now tho 😆

I’m curious if it really does just feel like a VFN without the carbon plate?

Wore my Invincible for 2nd run this am. Love it. The outsole grips so well on dry asphalt for sure. I've been wearing medium thick ankle socks on these. I guess I'll find out how it feels when I switch to thin-no-show socks.

Held the INVCs in hand, and they are über PLUSH! I’m certainly brainstorming swaps for them. The upper looks like a takedown to me still. It looks just like the Miler.

I’m curious if it really does just feel like a VFN without the carbon plate?
It doesn‘t just feel like a VFN without a carbon plate, because it differs in more respects than that. In a very positive sense I say the Invincibles come without surprises:

you know how ZoomX feels + you see this massive chunk of ZoomX and you know it‘s without a plate + you see the width of mid- and outsole + you see the specified weight + you see the thickly padded heel area and tongue
>> you know what the Invincibles are gonna feel like - there are no surprises or disappointments!

I just say this because sometimes there are posts of guys disappointed that they don‘t feel like VFNish racing stuff - there is nothing that should make us expect so much. The Invincibles are what they are, and they are great as they are.

Back
Top Bottom