Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Rakuten cashback is up at 10% (I'm thinking it's on through 6/22) for the "Fast Sale"! With it, I went ahead and ordered the Hayward cw! I went TTS this time from my usual +1/2 in the VF and VFN sizing.

Now, I'm tempted to pull the trigger on my first AFs. They look to be sitting even after the notre discount.

Last edited:
Rakuten cashback is up at 10% (I'm thinking it's on through 6/22) for the "Fast Sale"! With it, I went ahead and ordered the Hayward cw! I went TTS this time from my usual +1/2 in the VF and VFN sizing.

Now, I'm tempted to pull the trigger on my first AFs. They look to be sitting even after the notre discount.

pull the trigger, honestly they’re just fun to run in even for the experience

46950F41-9810-42E9-B5BF-687D7F1C5AC8.png

Anybody know when these colorways of the invincible are releasing? Thx much

They are available now in Nike App under Fall Preview.

^^^ Lol from my perspective, this is the first time US gets the first dib. Im gonna pass on the navy pair, and wait for the Oreo.

Can anyone compare VFN2 vs invincbile. Been running in the invincible but just scooped a pair of VFN2
Different use cases. Invincible is more intended for daily runner or long distance shoe. Soft cushion.

VFN2 is a skraight race shoe. Light. Fast. Bounce from the carbon plate. A lil unstable (not sure why Nike continues doing this). You could use it everyday but it’s an expensive shoe for that purpose and not durable compared to say the Infinity or Invincible.

Different use cases. Invincible is more intended for daily runner or long distance shoe. Soft cushion.

VFN2 is a skraight race shoe. Light. Fast. Bounce from the carbon plate. A lil unstable (not sure why Nike continues doing this). You could use it everyday but it’s an expensive shoe for that purpose and not durable compared to say the Infinity or Invincible.

Wouldn‘t agree on the durability issue though. I own quite a couple of VFN in multiple colorways and sometimes wish they would deteriorate faster just to justify breaking in another pair 😅 I think ever since Nike has improved on the OG VF and VF FK durability hasn‘t been a big issue anymore, neither with the foam nor outsole rubber. This being said, compared with INVC they are less comfortable, less stable, definitely faster and definitely more fun!

Have u used a carbon fiber plate shoe before?

Never used a CFP shoes before. What do you have for me?

Here’s some general info to be of better assistance :

- Used to Run Cross Country 10 years ago. Best 5K I ever ran was sub 20 mins.
-In 2014 stopped running consistently because of an ACL repair that I never went to therapy for.
-In 2018 I almost lose my arm in an ATV accident
-2020 I start running 2-3 times per week Sporadically
-2021 I am training for a marathon and running 4-5x At about 20-35 miles/per week

On the plus side, I’ve been a natural runner my entire life so I can pick it up with little difficulty. The downside is I am def feeling the effects of my injuries and not getting the proper treatment. My biggest issue lately has been my Achilles. I can tell a I am overcompensating due To an atrophied quad muscle. it doesn’t bother me until I have my long runs. The Invincibles have been great for slow cruising days but I am wondering if it’s hampering my strength recovery and speed. I have days where I run a 7:00/mi for 4 miles and then I have 9:00/mi days.

-I can’t tell if it’s the sneakers
-Am I overtraining?
-Does anyone have a tried and true method they would recommend for a first time marathon runner with an emphasis on completion?

Thx for all feedback already given

Never used a CFP shoes before. What do you have for me?

Here’s some general info to be of better assistance :

- Used to Run Cross Country 10 years ago. Best 5K I ever ran was sub 20 mins.
-In 2014 stopped running consistently because of an ACL repair that I never went to therapy for.
-In 2018 I almost lose my arm in an ATV accident
-2020 I start running 2-3 times per week Sporadically
-2021 I am training for a marathon and running 4-5x At about 20-35 miles/per week

On the plus side, I’ve been a natural runner my entire life so I can pick it up with little difficulty. The downside is I am def feeling the effects of my injuries and not getting the proper treatment. My biggest issue lately has been my Achilles. I can tell a I am overcompensating due To an atrophied quad muscle. it doesn’t bother me until I have my long runs. The Invincibles have been great for slow cruising days but I am wondering if it’s hampering my strength recovery and speed. I have days where I run a 7:00/mi for 4 miles and then I have 9:00/mi days.

-I can’t tell if it’s the sneakers
-Am I overtraining?
-Does anyone have a tried and true method they would recommend for a first time marathon runner with an emphasis on completion?

Thx for all feedback already given

just my two cents
firstly glad you’re able to enjoy running again! I would definitely see a physio or someone who can check you out to make sure you’re not doing any more damage we’ve all pushed through niggles and sometimes it’s just not worth it

there’s too many factors that could be causing the fatigue, not everyday we’re going to be able to run the same pace

jack daniels running formula is a very highly regarded book with both beginner and adavanced marathon plans, worth checking out imo

if it’s going to be your first marathon I’d say just enjoy it and enjoy the process as much as we’d like to beat times etc if it’s your first just enjoy the experience

for marathons I’d probably recommend the Alphafly just because how easy they are on the legs and how they feel

hope the training goes well😊

Was tempted myself when Nike had 30% off and it was applicable to the invincibles, but holding out for the Oreos as it's the colourway I want and I already have a pair of invincibles I'm going through now. Will relegate that to casual wear once the Oreos are in.

Too bad it’s quite a bit heavier than the OG for racing in them.

Well, its 7-10 grams, VFN%2 it's like 203 grams on mine, 193 for OG. Adidas Adizero Adios Pro are 230 grams and have beaten many records (like half marathon). I don't think that a runner like you and me will ever notice a 7 grams difference on a race, I bet you can improve training/diet to overcome that easily.

He just said normally if they sell through half their inventory they mark them down 15-25%. Then once they are down to like 25% inventory they do a big discount. Like the Peg Trail 2s they have right now. Hardly any sizes left though.

Attachments

• F9A61853-97CE-4897-8DC9-1A7CC801062B.jpeg
    F9A61853-97CE-4897-8DC9-1A7CC801062B.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 376
Back
Top Bottom