57447.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 57448.jpg
    57448.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 430
  • 57449.jpg
    57449.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 939
I don’t think so. There’s % logo so this is probably Tempo Next% 2. Nike would never use ZoomX for regular Pegasus. That would increase the price too much. Regular Pegasus is an entry level daily trainer.
If it's Tempo Next%, there's no part that will give a fill like Alphafly Next%. Look at this shape.

Tempo Next% is discontinued. If this is a real shoe, it seems more likely to be the rumored Pegasus Pro.

Why do you think Tempo Next% is discontinued? It’s Alphafly’s training partner and the new Alphafly is on the way. What is Pegasus Pro? I haven’t heard anything about it from official or other reliable sources (just some random Instagram posts)…

Why do you think Tempo Next% is discontinued? It’s Alphafly’s training partner and the new Alphafly is on the way. What is Pegasus Pro? I haven’t heard anything about it from official or other reliable sources (just some random Instagram posts)…
I'd heard in the past is was discontinued. Also, Connor from Running Warehouse left this comment today on YT re the Zoom Fly 4: "Unfortunately with the tempo next% being discontinued, Nike needed something to fill in and the Zoom Fly has always done well...."

As amusing as this tweet is, he does have a point. Nike running kicks do look that little bit sharper.

But for me? Other than the Invicibles, I'm done with them. Just have not been able to work with the midfoot 'pinch'. Their 4E's are too wide and the regular ones are too narrow. Carbon plate racers? I'm trying out the Asics Metaspeed Sky's soon...

I'd heard in the past is was discontinued. Also, Connor from Running Warehouse left this comment today on YT re the Zoom Fly 4: "Unfortunately with the tempo next% being discontinued, Nike needed something to fill in and the Zoom Fly has always done well...."

Ok, Connor is probably right. It’s just a bit odd to discontinue Tempo Next %. Some people really love it (and others hate) and Nike used a lot of money marketing it. This ”Pegasus 39” looks like Alphafly’s (heavy but durable) training partner. It would be crazy to release it as Pegasus 39. People that buy Pegasus (1-38) are mostly ”non-elite everyday runners”. They want simple shoes with mid stack height.

I took the AF out for a 20 miler today to test them over a long run and decide if I want to use them in Boston. Going in, I was pretty sure these were my marathon shoe but I’m not so sure now. In the later miles I got some blisters on the top of my toes and the 4 mm offset gave me a little achilles pain afterward.

Previously I ran a couple 10 and 13.1 mile marathon pace runs in the AF and they felt better. I also run a shorter tempo run each week in the VF Next at faster than marathon pace and the VF work great. With all the downhills in Boston, I may be leaning toward the toward the VF Next, particularly, because of the higher offset.

I took the AF out for a 20 miler today to test them over a long run and decide if I want to use them in Boston. Going in, I was pretty sure these were my marathon shoe but I’m not so sure now. In the later miles I got some blisters on the top of my toes and the 4 mm offset gave me a little achilles pain afterward.

Previously I ran a couple 10 and 13.1 mile marathon pace runs in the AF and they felt better. I also run a shorter tempo run each week in the VF Next at faster than marathon pace and the VF work great. With all the downhills in Boston, I may be leaning toward the toward the VF Next, particularly, because of the higher offset.

I ran the first 20 on the Boston course last Saturday and didn't really like the alphafly there. Felt like I had a hard time dropping the pace even on the opening downhill from Hopkinton. My group was complaining how loud they were also :emoji_joy:

I ran the first 20 on the Boston course last Saturday and didn't really like the alphafly there. Felt like I had a hard time dropping the pace even on the opening downhill from Hopkinton. My group was complaining how loud they were also :emoji_joy:
Thanks for the insight. I’m pretty sure I’m going with the VF Next 2. Now I need to try and pick up the blue/yellow CW that just released.

Back
Top Bottom