Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

go to about 14:35 and you can see the flat lay with streakfly, looks like the Proto cw via Paul chelimo YouTube

Last edited:
Doubt I’ll be running in them given the ultra minimal upper but aesthetically I love them and the comfort of the tempos in the gym is fantastic.

1819D3FD-ADAD-4A76-B2B1-DB935F1D0772.jpeg
18C905FD-A34A-467F-B21B-EF63B8EB310B.jpeg
66836042-6424-44A0-9D75-263EC563F3AD.jpeg

Yeah I like Edd, no faffing around, tells it how it is.

Looks like I'll be waiting on the Zoom Fly 5 before heading back to this series of shoes. Loved the ZF1 SP.
They need to give us something other than react. I could be wrong but doesn't the Vomero have the react and zoomx midsole? They need to do something similar or come up with some other configuration with that ZF midsole to keep up with competition.

Looks like I'll be waiting on the Zoom Fly 5 before heading back to this series of shoes. Loved the ZF1 SP.
They need to give us something other than react. I could be wrong but doesn't the Vomero have the react and zoomx midsole? They need to do something similar or come up with some other configuration with that ZF midsole to keep up with competition.
Tempo next %…

Hopefully with the tempo “apparently” being discontinued and the replacement going around as the Peg Pro/Peg Turbo 2 or whatever it is, that will be the sweet spot of ZoomX and React foams. Shame they really screwed up the ZF4 from the reviews I’ve read.

Nike racing/running shoe line seems like a mess right now.

I'm glad Edd bought the shoes with his own money and shared his opinion on the shoe and the current state of the Nike line.

Personally, a few years ago, I was a fan of the ER, Pegasus, VF, etc. I've tried the Invincible, Tempo NXT and not a fan. Not even going to bother with the ZF4.

eh

edd is annoying now and trying to make that dumb 3pt scoring is even more

watching shoe reviews for a good decade now and upu can tell when the yt $$$ get into their heads and that happened to this dude

dude was ******n in one review about foot pain and maybe your foot is just jacked up? aint many has the same complaint and other reviewers understand some shoes arent for them and dont review em if it doesnt work, got more respect for those than forcing a shoe to work for you and sometimes thats the problem with being a one man reviewer, i like the others who has a group of different runners and then shares their experience

and stop with the pegasus turbo for gods sake, most hated it and no one bought it, nike couldnt give em away

back to edd and the zf, maybe they made it firmer ad an option? ive noticed in the other brand thread that there are a lot of people who prefers the endorphin pros firmer midsole over the speeds and i dont think nike has that option, dude asked who would enjoy running in em and just showed with the nt running contingent

as for weight, he asked why but then says the ankle cushion was great and itll last forever becuase its overbuilt with the upper and outsole… so he andwered his own question? they did make it better and made it a long lasting daily trainer at the cost of weight, it happens

now if it got heavier for no reason then id be wi the him

i know i sound like a nike homer but ill defend myself, dude got plot holes in his complaints and if you gon bash em, your arguments got to be solid and his is very shaky and suited to him and only him

and thats pretty much how his reviews been so i cant tolerate it for the most part, like dude starts wearing those hats and a button up for running shoe reviews

ok unnecessary rant over, its monday… leave me alone

Nike racing/running shoe line seems like a mess right now.

I'm glad Edd bought the shoes with his own money and shared his opinion on the shoe and the current state of the Nike line.

Personally, a few years ago, I was a fan of the ER, Pegasus, VF, etc. I've tried the Invincible, Tempo NXT and not a fan. Not even going to bother with the ZF4.

I've been saying this since they discontinued the Zoom Elite line. The training shoe line is an absolute mess of shoes that weigh as much as a brick. Honestly, I'm looking at training in the Adidas Adios now. Nike has no training shoes in the 8.0-9.0oz range.

I'm not anti Nike, etc. I think it would be nice if they clearly defined what each shoe is for. It just seems like there's a lot of redundant and overlapping shoe lines. Alphafly and Vaporfly for race day?

Is the ZF 4 and discontinued Tempo NXT tempo/training shoe? What's the difference between the Infinity and Invincible?

infinity vs invincible are a matter of preference on the midsole and stability, infinity is more stable and invincibles are more cushy, the ER even less so

samr with VF v AF, preference, both can be raceday shoes and whether turns an issue for you plus the two feels pretty different too

pegasus, structure and vomero are for those that prefer air cushion on their foot

zf/tempo does seem like its in limbo but is the tempo dc? seems like theyre still releasing it just no tempo2 announcement yet

zf4 is part of the second gen midsole so we all knew it was gon be zf3 with new upper, seems like it should have released last year but pandemic? cant confirm that but it is late, isnt it? i k ow tempo kind of took its place but a zf5 should be the complete rehaul

and yes that is a lot but i prefer they keep trying to innovate even with the failures like joyride and vapormax, better than being stagnantand yes that is a lot but i prefer they keep trying to innovate even with the failures like joyride and vapormax, better than being stagnant

I think a lot of the confusion with what shoes are for is because there have been so many new shoe lines that were created in the past 4-5 years and it's hard to reconcile the new categories with the old ones especially when you don't want to abandon your pre-2016 customers. I think that they obviously could do better but they want to offer everything to every type of runner. Also when something works, companies want to do more of the same for profit's sake but also because people get attached to certain shoe lines. For example, I didn't like the Pegasus Turbo, but eddbud and an assortment of random people won't stop talking about it so clearly people want Nike to keep every shoe line around to the point where there's like 20 different lines for Nike running. Also R&D costs make it so you gotta amortize costs through more than a year for a shoe.

overlap isnt really a bad thing either, it provides option for everyone

i see it like BMW, they got the 2-series that is suppose to be the smaller coupe but then they added a 2-series gran coupe with is a 4door then they got the 3-series which is a 4door plus a 4-series as their 2door (used to be 3-series coupe) but then they added a 4-series gran coupe which is a 4-series 4door

its redundant but theyre covering all bases to suit everyone of price range and needs

also, when i was looking at UA and NB, some of the review for the shoes, i saw some asking for heavier and firmer shoes and i guess a lot of heel strikers prefer it that way? not heavy like bricks but heavier than the usual faster shoes

hell i still see people run in bball shoes, probably not serious ones whose gon qualify for marathons but people got different prefernces

This is how I break down Nike's current and near-future non-budget road running model lines. Obviously, there is some overlap, but I like that there are choices for virtually every category that are very different from each other even if I personally don't like some of the models.

Bread and butter daily trainer: Peg or Vomero
Stability: Structure or Infinity
Easy day/recovery: Invincible or Infinity
Tempo day: Tempo Next or Zoom Fly
Longer road races: Vapofly or Alphafly
Shorter road races: Streakfly

and thats about 9 models?

in comparison to hoka (which admittedly doesnt have a budget runner like Nikes who has dept shoe runners at less than $100 but it competes with in price with most nikes) which probably has a lot of overlap too

rocket x
carbon x
bondi x
bondi
clifton
clifton edge
arahi
mach
gaviota
elevon
evo
hupana
akasa

in comparison to hoka (which admittedly doesnt have a budget runner like Nikes who has dept shoe runners at less than $100 but it competes with in price with most nikes) which probably has a lot of overlap too

rocket x
carbon x
bondi x
bondi
clifton
clifton edge
arahi
mach
gaviota
elevon
evo
hupana
akasa
Hoka's model lineup is definitely more muddled to me than Nike's. For example, the clifton edge and elevon don't really seem to add anything.

rocket x
carbon x
bondi x
bondi
clifton
clifton edge
arahi
mach
gaviota
elevon
evo
hupana
akasa
I just saw Kofuzi’s initial review of the Bondi X. Interesting shoe. Maybe Nike could do something like this with the Invincible and add a plate.

This is how I break down Nike's current and near-future non-budget road running model lines. Obviously, there is some overlap, but I like that there are choices for virtually every category that are very different from each other even if I personally don't like some of the models.

Bread and butter daily trainer: Peg or Vomero
Stability: Structure or Infinity
Easy day/recovery: Invincible or Infinity

And EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE is an absolute brick. Pretty much every other major manufacturer has a daily trainer in the 8.0-9.0oz range. When every Nike is an ounce heavier, that's A LOT of extra weight over the course of a long run. That's an extra pound that your legs have to move every 16 strides compared to other shoes.

Back
Top Bottom