Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I like them TBH lol

First time scooping up AFs at the outlets! Caught them when they were refilling the shelves. The February NRC Challenge Reward made the deal even sweeter by cancelling out the CA tax.

Two AFs ($100 each), Asuna 2 Slides ($25) and a pair of NR running shorts ($15) all for $240 with the reward.

6A63B0DE-06D2-4403-8458-5D730871BE6C.jpeg

I’m thinking a LunarEpic swap for one of them.

hey i need some help

i need to train for something where i have to do a physical fitness test. mainly a 300k and then a 1.5 mile run in good times

thing is i’m not a runner and i’m pretty out of shape right now

i have basically a month to do it though and want to give it my best shot so that would also mean buying the best running shoe (obviously)

i know the alpha fly is the best or even the vapor fly but are either a shoe that would suit what im doing? i read they’re race shoes

would i be better off with the zoom tempo next?

any help or input is appreciated

btw- i don’t know if this matters but my last few running shoes that i’ve bought that i found comfortable (but never ran in) were the zoom pegasus turbo > epic fly react> nike joyride

i beat those all into the ground but like i said never ran in them but i found them all extremely comfortable. i would say zoom x felt the best though

Last edited:
hey i need some help

i need to train for something where i have to do a physical fitness test. mainly a 300k and then a 1.5 mile run in good times

thing is i’m not a runner and i’m pretty out of shape right now

i have basically a month to do it though and want to give it my best shot so that would also mean buying the best running shoe (obviously)

i know the alpha fly is the best or even the vapor fly but are either a shoe that would suit what im doing? i read they’re race shoes

would i be better off with the zoom tempo next?

any help or input is appreciated

btw- i don’t know if this matters but my last few running shoes that i’ve bought that i found comfortable (but never ran in) were the zoom pegasus turbo > epic fly react> nike joyride

i beat those all into the ground but like i said never ran in them but i found them all extremely comfortable. i would say zoom x felt the best though
Vaporfly.

if you havent been running and you got a month, any plated shoes might be a bad idea

your calves are gon be sore for a good week or two if youve never ran with a plated shoes

you might be better off with a pegasus or infinity react for training, should provide good cushion for your knees as a starter and then in 3 weeks if you feel more confident then maybe a streakfly for some speed in that 1.5m speed test

go with a pegasus or infinity run. I wouldn't recommend the vaporfly or alphafly for right now, especially if you're not used to it like rfx45 rfx45 said you're gonna be feeling it in your calves.

Honestly if time isnt a factor try the invincible…tons of padding for a softer run…they can be aggressive if you want them to be….AP or VP is gonna be way too much shoe…

Is it for military? not sure if you’d get time to swap to race shoes so I’d go with something abit more comfortable that you can actually walk in all day

I’d go with peg turbos or saucony endorphin speeds which will do everything (if budget allows)

Last edited:
I’m not familiar with 1.5 mile and 300k (doing what)?

As a horrible and inconsistent runner. I’d agree. Don’t hurt yourself. Take it easy and ramp up slowly. A soft ride is good. Personally hate the invincibles. Epic React and Streakfly are dope.

Vaporfly.

if you havent been running and you got a month, any plated shoes might be a bad idea

your calves are gon be sore for a good week or two if youve never ran with a plated shoes

you might be better off with a pegasus or infinity react for training, should provide good cushion for your knees as a starter and then in 3 weeks if you feel more confident then maybe a streakfly for some speed in that 1.5m speed test

go with a pegasus or infinity run. I wouldn't recommend the vaporfly or alphafly for right now, especially if you're not used to it like rfx45 rfx45 said you're gonna be feeling it in your calves.

Honestly if time isnt a factor try the invincible…tons of padding for a softer run…they can be aggressive if you want them to be….AP or VP is gonna be way too much shoe…

Is it for military? not sure if you’d get time to swap to race shoes so I’d go with something abit more comfortable that you can actually walk in all day

I’d go with peg turbos or saucony endorphin speeds which will do everything (if budget allows)

appreciate the responses.

its a fitness test for a job.

the 300 meter (dont know why i said K) has to be done as fast as you can and its followed by a 1.5mile run as fast as you can.

they have to be done by certain times and you get points depending on where you finish.

i want something thats going to motivate me lol so i kinda want them to be cool and new tech i havent tried yet.

thats why i asked about the alphafly or vaporfly.

but im going to be running around my neighborhood to get into shape so i didnt know if those would be good for that

how are the zoom tempo next %?

Last edited:
im confused with the 300k + 1.5m… i assumed its 300k within a month and the last day you got to do 1.5m?

if its in one day then thats like 185miles? that seems like torture

the tempo is the cheaper AF, it also has a plate so its going to be he same case

and yeah, running in new tech is awesome and you can feel it but again if you got a month, it might set you back a week or two and will hinder your training

i love the invincible and its my daily but i also didnt suggest it because it can be very unstable

im confused with the 300k + 1.5m… i assumed its 300k within a month and the last day you got to do 1.5m?

if its in one day then thats like 185miles? that seems like torture

the tempo is the cheaper AF, it also has a plate so its going to be he same case

and yeah, running in new tech is awesome and you can feel it but again if you got a month, it might set you back a week or two and will hinder your training

sorry i edited it... its 300meter not K

i think basically after reading the responses i want something thats comfortable but will also make me feel or actually be faster.

like i said i was a big fan of the zoom x in the pegasus turbo. i liked it better than react in my epic reacts.

but i never ran in them they were just worn casually.

Last edited:
sorry i edited it... its 300meter not K

i think basically after reading the responses i want something thats comfortable but will also make me feel or actually be faster.

like i said i was a big fan of the zoom x in the pegasus turbo. i liked it better than react in my epic reacts.

but i never ran in them they were just worn casually.
Tbh

Go get fitted at a store first. Lots out there besides hike and I find a new pair of shoes is motivating regardless of the brand.

But you have the turbos, go for a run in those and try them out.

Tbh

Go get fitted at a store first. Lots out there besides hike and I find a new pair of shoes is motivating regardless of the brand.

But you have the turbos, go for a run in those and try them out.

i dont even know where they are i wore those into the ground lol

so 300m + 1.5m? pretty much a sprint and then a 1.5m speed test, weird test

but id stick to my first advice, since you have a month to train, start with a pegasus or infinity react and build up your stamina and speed for the next 2-3 weeks

if you’re feeling good about your time and stamina and you feel like the bonus is worth it to shave a few seconds off then maybe try the streakfly that last week? it has the zoomx from the VF/AF so it has that cushion support but its closer to the ground

the streakfly doesnt have the same tech as AF/VF but its the latest one they have for speed runs

you can probably integrate the streakfly earlier in the training but im not sure if you’d want to spend on 2-3 running shoes unless you want to continue running afterwards then its a sound investment

good luck

so 300m + 1.5m? pretty much a sprint and then a 1.5m speed test, weird test

but id stick to my first advice, since you have a month to train, start with a pegasus or infinity react and build up your stamina and speed for the next 2-3 weeks

if you’re feeling good about your time and stamina and you feel like the bonus is worth it to shave a few seconds off then maybe try the streakfly that last week? it has the zoomx from the VF/AF so it has that cushion support but its closer to the ground

the streakfly doesnt have the same tech as AF/VF but its the latest one they have for speed runs

you can probably integrate the streakfly earlier in the training but im not sure if you’d want to spend on 2-3 running shoes unless you want to continue running afterwards then its a sound investment

good luck

thanks for the help

yea this is something i was to sustain.

i quit smoking a month ago so now im compelled to get into shape especially with running assuming i wont be out of breath so easily.

the 300 meter run has to be done under 70 seconds and the 1.5 mile run needs to be done under 15mins

i dont know if im so much focused on speed as much as building up my endurance. i really need to get back into shape since covid

im reading good things about the zoom x invincible in terms of comfort. you said you run in those but they are unstable. whats that mean exactly in terms of a running shoe?

Good luck with all that. 70 seconds for 300m sounds quite generous no?

I think it all depends on what you want to spend and how many shoes you want and if you're going to continue after but sounds like you do. I think a shoe like the Endorphin Speed 1 or 2 would be a good lightweight fast comfy option for what you need currently.

i love the endrophin speeds but thats another plated shoes thats gon' sideline you if you're not an avid runner already

i would start looking into that perhaps after your test

as for 300m in 70seconds and 1.5m in 15min, its definitely doable but i am also not sure what shape you are in, i want to say 1.5m in 15 min can be done with a brisk job, aim for a 9:30/mile time to be on the safe side, endurance and stamina to keep the pace is definitely gon be the one thing you train on after you just quit smoking

i want to say a 300m sprint is easy work too but my brain cant process metric :lol: thats 1/10th of a mile? 70sec should be plenty though it might affect you if you got to run the 1.5m immediately after if you burn yourself out on the 300m

I’m a fan of the Streakfly. Just order a few from Nike and see what works best for you. You can always return the ones that don’t work out.

Also, one lap around the track is 400m. So 300m is 3/4 of a lap around the track. It seems kind of “short”, but it is more tiring than you’d expect.

300m in 70 is 6:15 pace. Kinda a weird test since u have to do the 1.5 miles at 10 min pace right after. What kind of job is it for if u don't mind me asking?

Did u have any type of running background in the past? If not I would recommend trying to get to a track or atleast like a treadmill once a week to get a feel for that sprint pace.

Last edited:
+1 on Pegasus. Don’t overthink it. I’m thinking that if you’ve only got a month, that’s all the more reason to go with a versatile workhorse over something more specialized.

I’ve been running in the Pegasus line for about two years now — they were great at 10–12 min mile pace when I started out and they are great for my 7–8 min mile pace now.

So yeah, I’d say go with the Pegasus or something similarly foundational and then if this short-term training goes well and you start to get into running, train for something like a 5K or 10K and get something like the Streakfly or Vaporfly — either for the race itself or afterwards as a reward for sticking to and meeting your goal.

the 300m pace is brutal
im reading good things about the zoom x invincible in terms of comfort. you said you run in those but they are unstable. whats that mean exactly in terms of a running shoe?

the best way i can describe it it can feel wobbly since its so high off the ground and on tight turns, theres a feeling of rolling your ankles

For plated options, I'd look into the Zoom Fly Flyknit or Saucony Endorphin Speed. For un-plated option, I'd look into the traditional Peg or Infinity React.

FINALLY UNDSed these for their first run.

LunarEpic X VaporFly Next% Hybrd (by GOVRN).
IMG_4926.JPG

The heel stability (or lack of it) felt weird at first, but, after 1.5 miles, I adjusted. I'm thinking of getting the collar stitched down because it felt even less stable with the collar completely up. Also Flyknit >>> any VFN upper.

This is a custom Frankenstein build by Nike, for Jordan Hasay. This consists of a Vaporfly 4% upper and a preproduction Vaporfly NEXT% midsole (stamped as Vaporfly 5% €). The shoe has a special cutout on the medial side where the foam has been replaced with a former foam, feels like Cushlon or something along those lines. This acts as a medial post, as Jordan may have serious probation issues on such a thin and unstable racing shoe? Idk. To finish off the aesthetics, there's a huge pronounced Swoosh on the
lateral side.

I think the 300m is a warm up followed by the 1.5mile, that’s what I’ve done before but could be wrong

Good luck anyway!

Back
Top Bottom