Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

D2416_8025_right.jpeg
D2416_8025_main1.jpeg
D2416_8025_main2.jpeg

Looks like the ZoomX is encased on the ZF5?

I also just noticed that the upper resembles the OG VF1. Techwise, they're also similar!

I just noticed the Swoosh placement change from the sample images with the tech:
IMG_8600.PNG

Of all the new Nike Running sneakers launching in 2022, the ZF5 is the one I’m the most excited about then the AF2.

Last edited:
Late to the game but I finally got a run in with my Tempos I bought last year (which I was already late to the game with at the time). I’m sure it was part placebo effect and part uncharacteristically nice weather, but I ran noticeably faster than I’ve been going in recent months — closer to my paces pre-injury last year when I was coming off 10K training. Not a PR but it felt nice to go quick.

Walking around in the shoes felt disorienting at first, but in a cushy, springy way. Walking in them after my run felt disorienting almost in a soccer cleat on pavement sort of way. Running in them felt nice — more stable than I expected, and definitely a little more propulsive than my Pegasus trainers, I could tell I was wanting to go quicker and a bit more on my toes. I didn’t mind the sound — I was expecting it to be really annoying based on some reviews, but they sounded more springy than flappy or clappy to me.

Just did a couple miles on the Tempos, I’ll try them on a 5K run next. So far so good. I think I will still like the stability and consistency of the Pegasus for most runs but the Tempos will be a nice literal and figurative change of pace now and then.

The Zoom Tempo is underrated, as it gets overshadowed by the AFs and VFNs. I really enjoy running in mine. They definitely have a firmer ride compared to the AFs/VFNs, but they have great propulsion! Just like its name suggests, it's an excellent "tempo" trainer.

thinking of sending my invincible too, it started to open up on the medial side but i probably have closer to 200-250 miles on it, still lots of traction though

38664CB3-2556-453F-96AC-97E2D0760B9E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom