Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I didn't mean you. :wink: Instagram is full of "influencers" like Ben Johnson saying the shoe is the best thing since sliced bread when "normal runners" are sending their Inv3 back because of the heel slipping. They will probably have an upper update with a better heel lock down (for Inv4) so they can sell more shoes. I will probably buy that white/white colorway with a birthday discount even after reading bad reviews.
Just curious, who have you seen that's actually put out a review? Not even the usual suspects have put out anything on them yet. All I've seen are the EU based influencers who were invited to that Berlin activation.

There's probably a moratorium on reviews until tomorrow... I guess we'll know if a flood of reviews come out on the 2nd

I didn't mean you. :wink: Instagram is full of "influencers" like Ben Johnson saying the shoe is the best thing since sliced bread when "normal runners" are sending their Inv3 back because of the heel slipping. They will probably have an upper update with a better heel lock down (for Inv4) so they can sell more shoes. I will probably buy that white/white colorway with a birthday discount even after reading bad reviews.

Oh, we're good lol. Didn't take it as directed at me specifically. But also wanted to note that my take is from a casual perspective rather than a true running approach. In fact, I didn't think any serious runner would choose these over the many better options out there.

They are great Disney shoes

This lol.

Just curious, who have you seen that's actually put out a review? Not even the usual suspects have put out anything on them yet. All I've seen are the EU based influencers who were invited to that Berlin activation.
The shoe was released in Asia 1-2 weeks ago so RunningShoeGeeks (Reddit) is full of first impression reviews. Mostly negative but some people seem to like it.

Though I currently prefer other brands’ trainers, Nike is still, for me, the king of super shoes. Sure, the competition has closed the gap in recent years but there’s just something special about the VF that no brand has been able to match, yet. It’s been, what, seven years since the release of the 4%? To not only create but also dominate the super shoe industry over that span of time is remarkable. And it’s because of the 4% that I ran my first marathon. But Nike has had some amazing trainers during that time. I still remember my first run in the ER; it felt so good that I ended up running 13.1 just because of the fun of it. The Turbo was a lifesaver when training for said marathon and I still have my first pair in Hot Punch. I know a lot of you enjoy the INV, and I’m happy for you, but it just didn’t work for me. But the third version certainly looks the part and hopefully it’ll still be your go-to for fun on the run.

See…that’s what I’m talking about.

I ran because of being in the military and basic Fitness maintenance. But Nike running during the years when the VF dropped and the other revolutions made me excited to run.

Honestly the Turbo and ER and VF were a great rotation (you could sub the Turbo for the ZF).

Agree with what everyone's saying about the Nike racing stuff being amazing and their training shoes being meh / bad right now.

I love the Invincible but that's pretty much it for current Nike shoes. Their trainers are really just average right now and that's the issue. If they were slightly lower priced I think that the value proposition might be there. If the Peg 39 was like $100 retail or like the Peg Turbo NN was like 120 retail or the ZF5 was like 120 or something then I think reviews / perception would be a lot more into Nike trainers.

Is it possible to have shoes that have too much cushion, even for casual wear? I really like my zoom all out flyknits, but if I wear them for an all day walking event like Disney, I almost feel like the bounciness of makes my legs even more tired than if I worse something with minimal cushioning.
Yeah, I tried the invincible 2’s for casual wear and a little running because everyone raves about how comfortable they are. I disagree, they are definitely soft and bouncy but I guess for me max cushion does not mean max comfort. It just feels like my shoes are doing too much and I don’t like being so high off the ground.

Looks like the reviews from folks who Nike sent shoes to are starting to roll in today. Must have been a moratorium against pre-release reviews.

Speaking of Invincible 2's, I noticed Nike took them down once the 3's were open to purchase. :smh:

They were discounted pretty good too. Same with the Tempo Next %, which like the invincible 2's, had damn near a FSR.

Wonder what they going to do with all of them?

PO

I also got a coupon for six months from my birthday as well.

You know these will go on disco eventually.

If you are talking strictly from Nike, you are right, but it will take a while.

Like they are on Swoosh right now for $108, but I don't see them permanently marking them down for regular consumers maybe until the Fall. They took long as hell to mark down the 2's.

PO

Is it possible to have shoes that have too much cushion, even for casual wear? I really like my zoom all out flyknits, but if I wear them for an all day walking event like Disney, I almost feel like the bounciness of makes my legs even more tired than if I worse something with minimal cushioning.

For sure. Definitely.
I remember I tried on those scorpions and some of the newer vapormaxes & I couldn't get down with them.

PO

I got a pair of ASIC SB recently so I’m good. Maybe the four, a new model or huge markdown will entice me to buy them. But I look forward to reading member reviews.

7D000DBB-5790-4F8C-AEB1-3BB0BAF405C6.jpeg

Alright — can confirm two things:

One, forefoot is much wider than 1 (never tried 2). To the point I could size down half (wide feet, but can typically get away without needed to go wide.

Two, the heel slip is a dealbreaker. Doesn’t matter with the runners knot. There’s still slip and I purposely wore my thicc socks.

Really unfortunate. That’s a dealbreaker for me.

Girlfriend is annoyed that this colorway isn't available for women. Surprised that they didn't make the base white available to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom