Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

7D000DBB-5790-4F8C-AEB1-3BB0BAF405C6.jpeg

Alright — can confirm two things:

One, forefoot is much wider than 1 (never tried 2). To the point I could size down half (wide feet, but can typically get away without needed to go wide.

Two, the heel slip is a dealbreaker. Doesn’t matter with the runners knot. There’s still slip and I purposely wore my thicc socks.

Really unfortunate. That’s a dealbreaker for me.

smh

also nice pants bro

Alright — can confirm two things:

One, forefoot is much wider than 1 (never tried 2). To the point I could size down half (wide feet, but can typically get away without needed to go wide.

Two, the heel slip is a dealbreaker. Doesn’t matter with the runners knot. There’s still slip and I purposely wore my thicc socks.

Really unfortunate. That’s a dealbreaker for me.

The heel slip is an absolute dealbreaker for me, I cannot stand running shoes that don't have secure lockdown at the heel. Nimbus 25, here I come.

Speaking of Invincible 2's, I noticed Nike took them down once the 3's were open to purchase. :smh:

They were discounted pretty good too. Same with the Tempo Next %, which like the invincible 2's, had damn near a FSR.

Wonder what they going to do with all of them?

PO
My guess is they will become ****’s Sporting Goods stock

Damn man, heel slippage issues? That's a deal-breaker for me every time. I've been waiting on these to drop for a long time so I could retire the Invincible 2s I've been running in for a year, but not if this is legitimately an issue. Guess I'll try those New Balance More v4s.

Just ordered mine hopefully not too bad for the heel slippage

Last edited:
Just picked up my pair earlier and did a quick 5 miler in them. The heel slippage talk is getting overblown. The heel/heelclip area is less padded than V1 and V2 - along with the entire upper, but the lockdown on the upper is so much better than V1 and V2 that I prefer the fit. There's also more ground feel in the midfoot and forward along with a touch of arch support, which really makes the shoe feel extremely stable compared to it's predecessors.

Attachments

• IMG_4245.jpg
    IMG_4245.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 300
Just picked up my pair earlier and did a quick 5 miler in them. The heel slippage talk is getting overblown. The heel/heelclip area is less padded than V1 and V2 - along with the entire upper, but the lockdown on the upper is so much better than V1 and V2 that I prefer the fit. There's also more ground feel in the midfoot and forward along with a touch of arch support, which really makes the shoe feel extremely stable compared to it's predecessors.
Did you size down

Really like those Invincible 3s.

Need some new workout kicks so might be in for a pair.

Just ordered mine hopefully not too bad for the hill slippage
Same. Feel like reviews for every shoe can be all over the place these days, and with Nike's return policy there's no harm no foul in just giving them a go.

Although I think I ordered a size too big...

Can understand what people are saying about heel slippage. Almost feels like the rear of the shoe is too shallow?

Yes I was confused on someone saying they can size down. Because if that’s the case then yes your foot will fall out of the shoe

Is everyone just getting a .5 too big because of the new fit?

Can understand what people are saying about heel slippage. Almost feels like the rear of the shoe is too shallow?

Slides 2 + 3 may address this.

In the pics, you can see how the heel clip goes down into the midsole, which differs from the prev. two. Mentioned before that the heel definitely feels different (in a good way imo) so this may explain it.

Very good find. Stuff like this fascinates me.

Been rotating thru all three versions this week. It feels like there's a bit less cushioning when I step/land on my big toe. Not sure what the technical description of that may be lol. Not crazy less, moreso slightly less yet noticeable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom