Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Hmmm… What’s your cadence or steps per minute?

I take it back… narrowing my race day shoe choices to the VF2 X AF1 Hybrids and the Sail VFN3s. I’m taking both with me, so it’s going to be a game day decision lol

Are these legit?
8D59BFBE-03F7-4098-AF7C-88B5B11F40CE.jpeg
BC1C75EF-1DD9-4963-A9E4-0C8B86983F86.jpeg
4DF19C10-3FC9-4FF1-A710-67044D5DDA80.jpeg
48E563CD-C4B6-4BDD-940E-A89546EFB31A.jpeg

Last edited:
Surprised he’s not rocking the AF3 prototype
same thought - considering other Nike athletes have been wearing them in other races already, and EK has been rocking them in his training already too.

But suppose if they made this EK PE, makes sense he has to rock it in one of his races before jumping to v3. Also furthers the theory that the AF3 is likely coming in 2024... 😢

I never thought he would wear AF3. Why he would wear a shoe that you can’t buy before spring 2024? ”Smaller” athletes like Nell Rojas can wear what they want but Kipchoge ”sells” a lot of shoes. Kipchoge will probably make money out of the AF2 EK version. And he already ran WR with the shoe so he knows it works!

its the hills, he has little to no experience with it and didnt practice the course
No experience? Do you know where he lives and trains? I think he has a lot of experience of hills but he is faster on flat courses. He needs ”a rhytm” to run fast.

thats what was reported

go yell at that reporter

:lol:

he can train in em but if its not what he is used to on race day then thats a different experience

Evans Chebet defends his Boston Marathon men’s title after Eliud Kipchoge fades on Heartbreak Hill

Evans Chebet won his second straight Boston Marathon on Monday, finishing in 2:05:54 for the third-fastest time in race history.

It was Chebet’s third major marathon victory. After winning Boston last year, when he ran a 2:06:51, Chebet followed with a 2:08:41 time at the New York City Marathon in November.
Chebet has been running professionally since 2011, but did not win his first marathon until 2019 in Buenos Aires. He previously ran Boston in 2018, but dropped out because of inclement weather. He’s only the sixth man to win back-to-back titles.
Much of the fanfare around this race surrounded the first appearance of Eliud Kipchoge on the streets of Boston, as the world’s greatest marathoner took on the sport’s most prestigious race. But it was far from a fairy tale for the Kenyan, who looked typically relaxed out front for the first 17 miles until Newton’s famous hills intervened.
The two-time Olympic medalist never recovered, even when things flattened out after Boston College, as another move from Chebet at Mile 21 broke the race open. By then, Kipchoge trailed by close to a minute.

I picked up the pink/orange vapor fly 3 for casual and they look incredible on foot

They feel a little weird but I’ll get used to it! Ordered the sails yesterday lol

These will be a problem if they release on Nike by you

I picked up the pink/orange vapor fly 3 for casual and they look incredible on foot

They feel a little weird but I’ll get used to it! Ordered the sails yesterday lol

These will be a problem if they release on Nike by you

How do they feel walking?

They look incredible but I couldn’t imagine they’d be functional for walking around.

Is Obiri's win in ONs the first for that company? I had never seen a winner wearing them, but i could be way off.

Hmmm… What’s your cadence or steps per minute?
Just saw this and assume the question was for me. I’m not a regular runner but trying to get into it more. This was my first run of the year. Took it in flyknit racers. My ankles are cooked. I don’t even know what cadence means but my Apple watch does apparently.

612695B1-28FA-4D43-9630-7663A9C32C30.jpeg

Last edited:
Just saw this and assume the question was for me. I’m not a regular runner but trying to get into it more. This was my first run of the year. Took it in flyknit racers. My ankles are cooked. I don’t even know what cadence means but my Apple watch does apparently.

Cadence is referring to steps per minute. Optimally u would be at 170-180ish. Don't think u should be running in the vaporfly 3 until u get a little more experience running in non plated shoes. Have to build up to them.

Back
Top Bottom