Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Just saw this and assume the question was for me. I’m not a regular runner but trying to get into it more. This was my first run of the year. Took it in flyknit racers. My ankles are cooked. I don’t even know what cadence means but my Apple watch does apparently.

612695B1-28FA-4D43-9630-7663A9C32C30.jpeg

I think you’re putting too much force into your steps/cadence, which will definitely fatigue you. Try to pick up the cadence for better efficiency and less pain.

How do they feel walking?

They look incredible but I couldn’t imagine they’d be functional for walking around.

I wore them “casually” all day yesterday. I was at an airport lounge, which was about 0.6mi away from my departure gate. I was just chilling taking advantage of the amenities; sandwiches, pasta, cheesecakes and cookies lol. Then I refreshed the app to see the status. It changed to “Boarding”. Best believe, I shot out of the lounge and jetted to the gate! If I was wearing another shoe, I doubt I’d catch it! LOL

I wore them “casually” all day yesterday. I was at an airport lounge, which was about 0.6mi away from my departure gate. I was just chilling taking advantage of the amenities; sandwiches, pasta, cheesecakes and cookies lol. Then I refreshed the app to see the status. It changed to “Boarding”. Best believe, I shot out of the lounge and jetted to the gate! If I was wearing another shoe, I doubt I’d catch it! LOL

Should have opened up strava for that airport segment W 😂

Cadence is referring to steps per minute. Optimally u would be at 170-180ish. Don't think u should be running in the vaporfly 3 until u get a little more experience running in non plated shoes. Have to build up to them.
Oh, I bought them to wear casually. I just figured I’d try them out since I have em. Should I shorten my stride, or do I just need to get my a… in shape and move faster?

Oh, I bought them to wear casually. I just figured I’d try them out since I have em. Should I shorten my stride, or do I just need to get my a… in shape and move faster?
shorten stride for sure...start with doing it on chill/easy runs to dial in your form. then whenever you wanna pick up the pace, you'll still have a sense of where your foot should land.

Long shot, but has anyone seen the Vaporfly 3 on sale anywhere yet? I know a lot of these boutique shops usually have large discounts like Centre recently had 40% off, but only had the VF 2 in stock.

Do we really have to wait another 12 months or so for these?? Looks like so many of the Nike Athletes are wearing them already ... 👀

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 19.59.53.png
It's still listed as a development shoe, I think until Q4 this year so it's unlikely that it's dropping in the next few months.

Long shot, but has anyone seen the Vaporfly 3 on sale anywhere yet? I know a lot of these boutique shops usually have large discounts like Centre recently had 40% off, but only had the VF 2 in stock.
Sportsshoes.com (UK) had -25% discount code one week ago (code: EASTERSALE), but it expired. Someone said V3 wasn’t included but the code worked.

I just noticed that the AFN3 does not have an outsole lip that extends onto the upper like all the previous Nike super shoes. It does look like there's some sort of a clear coating toward the toes though.

I think we will get them this fall
I think you may be right. I just checked the World Athletic approved shoe list and the development period for the AF3 expired last month, so the athletes have been racing in the production version of the shoe. No other Nike protos are on the list as of the latest list (April 21, 2023).

Back
Top Bottom