NikeLeaks: WikiLeaks drops info on Nike and fakes

“Some of the clothing…appeared to be high-quality, genuine products being sold at low prices…. This is likely the result of ‘third-shift’ manufacturing, in which factories produce extras to sell on the side….

Originally Posted by BronLe

“Some of the clothing…appeared to be high-quality, genuine products being sold at low prices…. This is likely the result of ‘third-shift’ manufacturing, in which factories produce extras to sell on the side….

Originally Posted by HeavenlyHustler

But to be honest, I got through the first page and halfway through the second and wondered what the *#$@ is this about

All I got from this is that Nike is not about that life, and they cannot control fakes because mobs and stuff run that business, and the cops are corrupt, and that they'd save alot of headaches by just moving production to America

Sounds like a great movie plot

I wonder what's more money: the cash they lose from fakes annually or the money they'd lose from increased labor rates by coming back to America

And what's a damn shame is that y'all tryna stop Randy from feeding his family, because y'all mad y'all bought Air Joqdans to stunt on some basic %!+!%% early, when you should be mad at the shady factory owners

But to be honest, I got through the first page and halfway through the second and wondered what the **## is this about

All I got from this is that Nike is not about that life, and they cannot control fakes because mobs and stuff run that business, and the cops are corrupt, and that they'd save alot of headaches by just moving production to America

I wonder what's more money: the cash they lose from fakes annually or the money they'd lose from increased labor rates by coming back to America

I would love to see "MADE IN USA" on Nike/Jordan Shoes.

I dont see that happening though.

Regardless of whether Air Randy had fakes or not isn't truly the issue. Why were dudes paying that much over retail just to break other men's necks? And for the price Air Randy sold, you could get a pair now for that price without flaws such as clear toes.

pimp.gif

ive been telling NT this for years and have been banned several several times for "supporting fruadulent activities and selling bootleg merchandise"
MY STUFF wAS MADE IN THE SAME FACTORY AS NIKE AND THE SAME AS NOwHERE CO. LTD. aka bape.

what u got to say now meth and dirty? its not bootleg if its made at the same damn place.
Your concept of legality is even weaker than your grasp of our post editor.  
"It's not bootleg if it's made in the same place?"  If you buy a "bootleg" concert tape, it's not a tape of a fake band; it's an unauthorized recording.  That it's "made in the same place" as an official live album makes no difference.  "Third shift"/after hours products are unauthorized and, thus, illegal.  

One could argue that Nike sets the table for this by contracting out its production work in order to give themselves plausible deniability with regard to labor violations, and consequently loosening its control over the factories and workers that produce their merchandise.  However, whether Nike "deserves" it or not has no bearing on the law.  You're not going to promote illegal products/services on NikeTalk, period.  

If a shipment of shoes "falls off the truck," they could be authentic, authorized Nike products - but we're not going to let you advertise stolen goods here.  So, why on earth should we tolerate the promotion of unauthorized products?  Whether they're "the same" as retail items or not is irrelevant.  

And what's a damn shame is that y'all tryna stop Randy from feeding his family, because y'all mad y'all bought Air Joqdans to stunt on some basic %!+!%% early, when you should be mad at the shady factory owners

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Edit:

I cant take Wikileaks seriously anymore

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you can be sure the corporate bean counters have crunched the numbers, continuously, and the sweat shops are saving them a bundle of liability over domestic labor.  rest assured, there is no question.

It actually would be.

A colleague of mine from school worked for a division of LVMH that dealt with counterfeiting. He told some pretty crazy stories about being chased through back allies, and shot at by counterfeit factory operators in Asia.

Originally Posted by Method Man

ive been telling NT this for years and have been banned several several times for "supporting fruadulent activities and selling bootleg merchandise"
MY STUFF wAS MADE IN THE SAME FACTORY AS NIKE AND THE SAME AS NOwHERE CO. LTD. aka bape.

what u got to say now meth and dirty? its not bootleg if its made at the same damn place.
Your concept of legality is even weaker than your grasp of our post editor.  
"It's not bootleg if it's made in the same place?"  If you buy a "bootleg" concert tape, it's not a tape of a fake band; it's an unauthorized recording.  That it's "made in the same place" as an official live album makes no difference.  "Third shift"/after hours products are unauthorized and, thus, illegal.  

One could argue that Nike sets the table for this by contracting out its production work in order to give themselves plausible deniability with regard to labor violations, and consequently loosening its control over the factories and workers that produce their merchandise.  However, whether Nike "deserves" it or not has no bearing on the law.  You're not going to promote illegal products/services on NikeTalk, period.  

If a shipment of shoes "falls off the truck," they could be authentic, authorized Nike products - but we're not going to let you advertise stolen goods here.  So, why on earth should we tolerate the promotion of unauthorized products?  Whether they're "the same" as retail items or not is irrelevant.

Man im just tryin to hook YOU up. sheesh. 

the main thing we are missing is this...(theoretically) if theyre doing 3rd shifts and banging out lebrons spot on that i can sell at a profit for $80usd, then why does nike sell at $165usd?

whats really illegal here?

Spoiler [+]
v6oyvp.jpg

This dude really doesn't learn. Helping Meth out? By selling sketchy kicks? What happened to the days when people made honest money? Sheesh.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

But to be honest, I got through the first page and halfway through the second and wondered what the **## is this about

I would love to see "MADE IN USA" on Nike/Jordan Shoes.

I dont see that happening though.
The jobs that would bring.
eyes.gif

Good looking on those price hikes too.
indifferent.gif

But to be honest, I got through the first page and halfway through the second and wondered what the *#$@ is this about

there is a big difference between money you have to pay out to get your stuff made and money you didn't make.
the 80% of the merchandise thats manufactured that didnt slip thru to a legit store are sold to people who wouldnt have bought the "authentic" product anyway.

so really nike loses a lot less than they claim.

u really think they lost even 100k to that huge run of spongebob dubzeros?

cause cats said "hey forget these real ones... ima get these" right?

ditto with orange and pink and yellow lebron ix's and all red dmp packs.

Back
Top Bottom