Nike's new RSVP process

Yes sir! The manager in my town's footlocker used to be legit....until ge started taken that payola. I wasn't down with paying the insane prices so of course, I got out of his good gracious and circle. Last I went in there was to test the theory on the grape 5's. The biggest ftl in our city.....only got 9 pairs of grapes....yet finishline got 44 pairs. Get that ish out of here! My other connect already told me that ftl got 60 pairs in so I knew the manager of ftl was lying. They dont understand the bad rep the give their store and actually turn people away.
are u serious? I didnt know that he has gotten that bad......wow....he only sold 9 pairs? SMH

so what changed? 
nerd.gif
i dont think anything. i think they may try to tweak it so everyone has a fair shot of obtaining a pair.

Originally Posted by CoolHands  

LOL
roll.gif

I was on Nike Talk in 08, but got bored of it, just like I got bored of the lame self-proclaimed sneakerheads. I recently got back on, but forgot my username and password so I started a new one. You mad? And why would the date of me joining NT have anything to do with my knowledge or credibility? And I am a Nike exec cuz I know stuff and am able to point out the obvious? *face palm*

Nike started the RSVP process because they get bad publicity when people are getting murdered at their releases. It was chaotic, and NORMAL people don't have the time to camp out for shoes. It is much easier, and convenient to do it through a free social media service like twitter.

Hype is an obvious part of Nikes regime, making them limited and building hype gets more people to buy them. You all complain like females, bash Nike, but continue to purchase their product, I find that strange. But to each his own.

You all talk about stuff you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, and act as if it is facts. A bunch of conspiracy theorists.  Im letting you know it doesn't work that way.

Cool GIF's though. YOU ALL WILL CONTINUE COPPING!!!!

Edit: and im not trying to "defend" Nike. I wish they would do everything in the US, but they are a greedy corporation. I wish they would pay their employees benefits and PTO, but they are a greedy company. I wish they wouldn't do a couple wack retros every month, but they are a greedy company. They are about making $, cant knock the hustle. And you all support that just as much as I do when we buy their product.
I can't help but to cross out anything you say.

Nah, all jokes aside. I think most people would just be suffice if the RSVP and raffel process were a bit more transparent or Nike just made more damn shoes. Unfortunately I don't think we will see any of the aforementioned come true anytime soon. HAPPY 4TH FELLAS. ENJOY your friends and family. That's more important than some damn shoes. :pimp:

So you guys are saying that lining up for 3+ hours is easier and more convenient than having a phone in your pocket, waiting for an alert, and then sending a tweet?? Cant argue with that.

Do you.

Im 24, im not a self-proclaimed OG, or sneakerhead, I really don't care about all that. I have liked sneakers since I was a kid and continue to buy the ones I like. My age or how long I have liked shoes has nothing to do with anything.

Big Mike you make some good points, this type of stuff was more prevalent in the past, and im sure it still happens, my only point is that it doesn't happen as often as the general sneaker community wants to believes it does. From my perspective. And maybe no one has been killed at a Niketown, but I have seen fist fights, moms getting pushed around, and general f*ckry which is why Nike does the twitter RSVP. So if you find it inconvenient to have your phone in your pocket, then go line up at a footlocker or sneaker boutique
wink.gif

Carry on

edit:RonsWeedRoom- I think you meant "everything" not "anything" but thanks for your brilliant insight, you really added to the forum discussion in a wonderful way.

Last edited:
So you guys are saying that lining up for 3+ hours is easier and more convenient than having a phone in your pocket, waiting for an alert, and then sending a tweet?? Cant argue with that.

Do you.

Im 24, im not a self-proclaimed OG, or sneakerhead, I really don't care about all that. I have liked sneakers since I was a kid and continue to buy the ones I like. My age or how long I have liked shoes has nothing to do with anything.

Big Mike you make some good points, this type of stuff was more prevalent in the past, and im sure it still happens, my only point is that it doesn't happen as often as the general sneaker community wants to believes it does. From my perspective. And maybe no one has been killed at a Niketown, but I have seen fist fights, moms getting pushed around, and general f*ckry which is why Nike does the twitter RSVP. So if you find it inconvenient to have your phone in your pocket, then go line up at a footlocker or sneaker boutique
wink.gif

Carry on

edit:RonsWeedRoom- I think you meant "everything" not "anything" but thanks for your brilliant insight, you really added to the forum discussion in a wonderful way.

chances you get your size from a RSVP is like 2% to none

lining up is that only way of uping your chances

The only easy part about RSVPing is picking up the shoes.
With RSVP, you have to sit at the computer for 6+ hours waiting for a Tweet.
Then when the Tweet goes out, you panic and can't DM in a collective manner.
Then you gotta wait for the confirmation DM.
And I was 7/8 for RSVPing. I only failed when they did the new process with the picture, which makes it A LOT harder to get it now.

If you get a good spot in line, at least you know you'll get your size.

Originally Posted by CoolHands  

Do you.

wink.gif

Carry on

Log off.

I just wish Nike would randomize their RSVP. For example: One week make it last four of Hashtag, Last four of State ID or DL, size.. The next release make it just #hashtag, name, id, size. And just randomize the way of doing the RSVP.. AND stop announcing how they will do their RSVP so programmer won't know what to prepare for. If you keep saying "RSVP this week will be a picture with the circled Hashtag" then of course you're giving the regular customer an unfair advantage because programmers know what to program for.

nike doesn't want to spend money on programmers programming a new rsvp procedure every week.

So is it possible to get in on an RSVP without paying for a bot? I plan on trying to get in on the DB3 RSVP for Chicago or DC (I'm in Cleveland), and taking the trip should I be lucky enough to win any of them...do people without bots get through?

So is it possible to get in on an RSVP without paying for a bot? I plan on trying to get in on the DB3 RSVP for Chicago or DC (I'm in Cleveland), and taking the trip should I be lucky enough to win any of them...do people without bots get through?

Possible? Yes. Probable? Not likely.

I was 7/7 before the new RSVP system, so yes, it's very possible. Just have to stay calm and type fast.

JUST THOUGHT I'D REITERATE If there is no shadiness going on among Niketowns/Managers/employees how does one person manage to get six pairs of super limited kicks from one location with receipts???? Pulled this pic from an ebay auction...guy happens to be in NEW YORK.

Doesn't have to be shady business going on, people have friends/families and then help from bots and waiting for unclaimed pairs

Doesn't have to be shady business going on, people have friends/families and then help from bots and waiting for unclaimed pairs
check out this auction and the guys description pretty clear whats going on for guys who doubt the shadiness isnt happening at niketowns themselves i also made contact with another person who clearly told me at NYC niketown they rsvp the remaining pairs AFTER employees and managers get theirs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKE-LEBRON...87?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item3384490353

the guy says this:

If you check my other Listings I was able to obtain 14 pairs of DB3's Because a family member is a manager at a Nike Town So I will be able to get my hands on a few Champion Pack 2013 Sets....

NTNY has too many employees for everyone to get a pack, only the upper management are getting them. This guy might be talking about no rules Mercer, labeling it as a niketown

No matter wut system Nike runs, or how many times they change ther system
Its gonna always be rigged. Just like the raffle system they are doing at the local malls.
they do a raffle just to cover up the hook ups but store managers and employees
R still reserving ther homies pairs, by drawing ther names by hand first, then. With the remaining
left over couple pairs they draw the last names. As for the RSVP bull S*** lying system that Nike is running
I wz told by a few collector's that they no somebody that hooks them up all the time every
release.

NTNY has too many employees for everyone to get a pack, only the upper management are getting them. This guy might be talking about no rules Mercer, labeling it as a niketown
I personally know someone who is best friends with upper management in Nike NYC, they can get every release hands down limited or not.  We all know most employees get the shaft, but i am sure employees that line the pockets of their managers get their pairs too.  As for the hopes of those RSVP'ing for these Championship Lebron Packs... take all that money and buy 500 + dollars in 1$ lottery tickets.  You'll have better odds of winning the lottery than securing a pair for retail.

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand the managers who hook friends and family up or the dudes who are able to get connects at Finish Line or Foot Locker. I would never risk my job to try to be cool to my homies. Even when my friends try to get me to hold a pair of Jordans for them, I tell them no before they could finish the question.
"Hey, could you hold a pair of..." "No, get in line."

I honestly don't understand the managers who hook friends and family up or the dudes who are able to get connects at Finish Line or Foot Locker. I would never risk my job to try to be cool to my homies. Even when my friends try to get me to hold a pair of Jordans for them, I tell them no before they could finish the question.
"Hey, could you hold a pair of..." "No, get in line."
because most of them are either getting paid to hold pairs for their "friends" or are responsible for their sex life

Back
Top Bottom