@nikestore tweeter bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always questioned that particular script.  

A javascript click event is essentially a mousedown + mouseup event combined over an element.

If I was Nikestore and I wanted to catch folks using this bot, I would setup my product page to record any mouseover events prior to a mousedown event (discard any other mouse event combinations).

Then if the mouseover event was never recorded prior to a mousedown event over the add-to-cart button element - flag the transaction as a bot. 
I'm assuming the reason why NDC wouldn't do anything like that is the amount of data that has to be logged would inevitably crash the site. Everytime someone places their cursor over a button, the mouseover event is triggered multiple times per each section of the button that the cursor scans over. Multiply that same action by thousands of users all doing it simultaneously and that could cause quite a bit of stress on their web servers.

Wrong again....
cocky now that someone spoon fed you the code to make your script work lol
roll.gif

I'm assuming the reason why NDC wouldn't do anything like that is the amount of data that has to be logged would inevitably crash the site. Everytime someone places their cursor over a button, the mouseover event is triggered multiple times per each section of the button that the cursor scans over. Multiply that same action by thousands of users all doing it simultaneously and that could cause quite a bit of stress on their web servers.

Not at all. It would get logged client side and sent with the add to cart request as another parameter.

All it would do is make their already horribly JavaScript overloaded site take even longer to load.

Not at all. It would get logged client side and sent with the add to cart request as another parameter.

All it would do is make their already horribly JavaScript overloaded site take even longer to load.
I don't think Nike cares about their site crashing.  They did have DB3s and Mints drop the same day.  Last site crash was Corks. 

And method is correct.  You can store it client-side.  But there would then be an easy work around for that.

All Nike has to do is only monitor certain elements.

Which elements?  The obvious ones that are utilized in every script:  SkuAndSize and Add-to-Cart

You are talking about two extra flags to record to a person's cart information.  This shouldn't be a problem.  Why?  Is there a limit to how much stuff can be added to your cart?  No. 

Nike can handle the data.

Lol ES be snitching on all of us like DEAR NIKE, I KNOW YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO STOP ME SO HERE YA GO
If I was Nikestore and I wanted to catch folks using this bot, I would setup my product page to record any mouseover events prior to a mousedown event (discard any other mouse event combinations).

Then if the mouseover event was never recorded prior to a mousedown event over the add-to-cart button element - flag the transaction as a bot. 

Last edited:
I don't think Nike cares about their site crashing.  They did have DB3s and Mints drop the same day.  Last site crash was Corks. 

And method is correct.  You can store it client-side.  But there would then be an easy work around for that.

All Nike has to do is only monitor certain elements.

Which elements?  The obvious ones that are utilized in every script:  SkuAndSize and Add-to-Cart

You are talking about two extra flags to record to a person's cart information.  This shouldn't be a problem.  Why?  Is there a limit to how much stuff can be added to your cart?  No. 

Nike can handle the data.
True, if all is handled client side and only the last events are pushed through then that wouldn't be a problem and probably take out about 90% of the users out there since it's the same script rehashed 100 different times.

But then again, the next "free" bot will be released and the cycle will restart again.

Lol ES be snitching on all of us like DEAR NIKE, I KNOW YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO STOP ME SO HERE YA GO
Because given the limited background of some users and seeing some discussion where people have argued that Nike can't monitor mouse gestures - I figure a warning would be more heeded if an explanation of how the tracking can be done is provided.

I dont think Nike is about taking the approach to stop all bot users even if they can. Anybody ever mess around in the backup scene? (ps3,xbox,etc) ... Basically these companies know their software is being pirated but the amount of pirates to paying users is a small percentage. Sony and M$ change things here and there to give the average pirate who paid someone to "mod" their system a crapload of trouble knowing that the person is screwed without whoever helped them the first time. Does it stop everyone from pirating? Nope. But it thins out the playing field. This is Nikes stance. Simple changes that basically thwart your end user who knows jack all while at the same time they look like theyre doing something about this "problem". In the end the shoes are selling out and thats all that Nike cares about

Last edited by a moderator:
Because given the limited background of some users and seeing some discussion where people have argued that Nike can't monitor mouse gestures - I figure a warning would be more heeded if an explanation of how the tracking can be done is provided.
Actually I figured that's how they caught people who didn't break the product limit. Checkout or add to cart speed wouldn't make sense but this would.

If you ever thought NT was a sneaker 'community,' this thread should make you reconsider. Is this what it's come to? I guess it doesn't matter whether it shoes, clothes, and apparently data, dudes will find a way to create an 'upper echelon.' Not mad at anyone turning a profit, but the incessant bickering is ridiculous. S/O to the dudes willing to genuinely help, whether free or not.

the problem is not that NT doesnt want to help, The problem is people like you are refreshing the thread waiting for someone like Onesickretro to spoon feed you. Thats why method helped the dude out through PM.
you and that "spoon-fed" is too funny....

wait everyone it's the cool kid who succesfully screwed over 1000s of people.....

your intanets thuggin is at an all time high!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom