Niketalk Racial Thread #8977564567545 "What's it like to be _____"

ITT we talk about race, and our perspective.
How do you feel about being _____ and what is your life like?

I identify as a black American. I'm proud of the accomplishments of other blacks, but I understand that they don't define me
I also understand that often blacks in the media are often portrayed as shuckin and jivin lunatics, who adore crime and fat
booty meat (I do love booty though). That doesn't define me either. I understand that my journey through life will probably be
harder than my white friends, but I don't blame white people for my problems.

My life's been pretty easy, but my life hasn't even really started yet :lol: .
I hope this made sense

It's annoying. Being a young black male, the image that a few 'ghetto' people portray is ridiculous. It's ridiculously unfair. The media adores portraying stereotypes as true. It's impossible to live above the stereotype sometimes.

I was gonna make a thread about this but now I can post it here. How do you guys react when stuff like this happens in the workplace

It happens to me with all my black coworkers. Dont really know what to make of it. Doesnt really bother me, but some people say that I shouldnt partake in it cause it alienates me from my white coworkers and might play a hand in holding me back career wise. Thoughts?

PLS RESPOND

I was gonna make a thread about this but now I can post it here. How do you guys react when stuff like this happens in the workplace
It happens to me with all my black coworkers. Dont really know what to make of it. Doesnt really bother me, but some people say that I shouldnt partake in it cause it alienates me from my white coworkers and might play a hand in holding me back career wise. Thoughts?

PLS RESPOND

Just do what you feel is best,never fails.
I find myself being awkward when it comes to the handshake/fist bump mis-communication thing.
Everybody gets a handshake with me.

i dont think you should be offended. im south east asian and people think i speak spanish and my girl is thai and people think she speaks spanish
Just a thought, I dont get offended. Im actually more offended of the folks that dont know.

Honestly, being Black has no positives in this white man's world. I hate those optional surveys at the end of job applications. I feel like if I indicate I'm Black, I won't get a call back, but if I don't answer, they'll assume I'm not White and still won't call me back.

Being a tall black awkward light skin male is the worst. I am expected to be a ladies man when in reality I'm terrible with girls. Everything else is dandy though.

Man I can't live this life no more. :smh:

Honestly, being Black has no positives in this white man's world. I hate those optional surveys at the end of job applications. I feel like if I indicate I'm Black, I won't get a call back, but if I don't answer, they'll assume I'm not White and still won't call me back.

It's a psychological thing. These are the effects that we still feel daily because of the system that they raped, stole, and cheated in order to set up. While I won't go as far as saying there are no positives of being a black man in this world, I will say that it is extremely frustrating.

I'm white.

It's pretty cool.

It's a psychological thing. These are the effects that we still feel daily because of the system that they raped, stole, and cheated in order to set up. While I won't go as far as saying there are no positives of being a black man in this world, I will say that it is extremely frustrating.

Truth. And it's like no matter how much I try to break through that barrier, it seems all attempts are for naught, mostly bc of the rest of the people that are the same race as I am tend to set us back

You should feel comfortable no matter what cards life has dealt you. You're YOU. You've been you your entire life. Why should you be uncomfortable in any situation? Don't let archaic perceptions hold you back.

I'm Korean and I have a mean-looking face. I'm really nice though, but a lot people's first impression of me is a bad ***/mean dude/gangster. Girls tend to like it, but it's just not me. One time I walked in to Sunglass Hut and the worker in a suit approached me with, "Sup dawg, what you looking for?"

I was shocked. I guess that's how a lot of black people feel.

I'm filipino,

when i was younger, kids in elementary school would assumed I ate dog & told all their friends :wow:

I'll have two beers & then turn red but I'm not even buzzed :wow:

I love being Hispanic, our music, our family values, our women, being bilingual, the list goes on.

I'm Korean and I have a mean-looking face. I'm really nice though, but a lot people's first impression of me is a bad ***/mean dude/gangster. Girls tend to like it, but it's just not me. One time I walked in to Sunglass Hut and the worker in a suit approached me with, "Sup dawg, what you looking for?"
I was shocked. I guess that's how a lot of black people feel.
This, I hate that ****, I whether just follow me or ignore me then hit me with slang,

Back
Top Bottom