Niketalk Thread Trends vol. 80+% of the time..

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by Teddythegr:nerd:ne

There is a big chunk of guys asking for relationship advice, knowing without pics they wont get an answer. And even with pics, they wont get a serious answer.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]This is my issue. When someone is asking for genuine advice about a relationship (not "I'm going to the strip club with 5 chicks") why can't we as men just give them good advice without asking for pics? 5 pages of "Pics???" for what?
30t6p3b.gif
[/color]
TBH no one should be using the general forum for relationship advice. NT's general forum should be comparable to AHH's AKA Donkey. NTers need to be less concerned with their feelings and more on providing the lulz.

The only reason why I would ask to see the pics is to see if he's really a NTer, I could care less of what a broad 1000 miles away looks like

The only reason why I would ask to see the pics is to see if he's really a NTer, I could care less of what a broad 1000 miles away looks like

Like Ten said "its all about e-fame.." Sad individuals are out there breaking bank to do so as well..A bunch of cherries out there..

Like Ten said "its all about e-fame.." Sad individuals are out there breaking bank to do so as well..A bunch of cherries out there..

There is a big chunk of guys asking for relationship advice, knowing without pics they wont get an answer. And even with pics, they wont get a serious answer.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]This is my issue. When someone is asking for genuine advice about a relationship (not "I'm going to the strip club with 5 chicks") why can't we as men just give them good advice without asking for pics? 5 pages of "Pics???" for what?
30t6p3b.gif
[/color]
Because man, its becoming a place for trolls and cats who just want a bunch of emoticon responses to make themselves feel cool. 
Thinking saying "pics" or some other @!++ to get quoted 500 times in a thread will be funny, when in reality its damn near trolling. 

Remember when "ducktales" was as far as @!++ went? Maybe "pics" from time to time, but its gotten OD. 

Cats are just immature, and its only going to get worse. RIP to NT 

TBH no one should be using the general forum for relationship advice. NT's general forum should be comparable to AHH's AKA Donkey. NTers need to be less concerned with their feelings and more on providing the lulz.

Wrong. Completely wrong. That's the mentality that's *$+*!!$ things up. NT used to be chill, cats could chop it up about anything and get real responses. The mentality you carry is why things aren't like that anymore. 

30t6p3b.gif
[/color]
Because man, its becoming a place for trolls and cats who just want a bunch of emoticon responses to make themselves feel cool. 
Thinking saying "pics" or some other @!++ to get quoted 500 times in a thread will be funny, when in reality its damn near trolling. 

Remember when "ducktales" was as far as @!++ went? Maybe "pics" from time to time, but its gotten OD. 

Cats are just immature, and its only going to get worse. RIP to NT 

Wrong. Completely wrong. That's the mentality that's *$+*!!$ things up. NT used to be chill, cats could chop it up about anything and get real responses. The mentality you carry is why things aren't like that anymore. 

It starts with you. Set the tone and provide the type of responses you want to see in threads and overcome the garbage.  We even have an ignore feature so you can hide posts made by the juvenile"lulz" set.  Don't just write a thread off as "ruined" at the first sign of immaturity.  Take it back.  

We can eventually implement a rep system to try and help with this, but ultimately it's on our forum users to stand up and change the culture for the better. Don't just sit back and accept negativity as inevitable.

You guys have posting access, right? If you post QUALITY, doesn't that have more of an impact than 10 played out memes? You're capable of providing for one another the type of content that you WANT on NT, but it seems as though you've allowed yourselves to be intimidated by the ignorance and have said to yourselves, "why fight it?" Demonstrate the willpower needed to move against the current. Otherwise, all of this talk is empty.

Most of these kids are just looking for attention/approval.  Show them that the way to earn your respect is through positive contributions, not cheap, recycled jokes. Give respect where it's due. 

If you don't have the courage to stand against immaturity IN threads, good luck trying to stem the tide.  

Too many people just sit back and complain. YOU have the power to post great content. YOU have the power to encourage others to post great content. YOU have the power to discourage people from posting childish garbage.

It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

It starts with you. Set the tone and provide the type of responses you want to see in threads and overcome the garbage.  We even have an ignore feature so you can hide posts made by the juvenile"lulz" set.  Don't just write a thread off as "ruined" at the first sign of immaturity.  Take it back.  

We can eventually implement a rep system to try and help with this, but ultimately it's on our forum users to stand up and change the culture for the better. Don't just sit back and accept negativity as inevitable.

You guys have posting access, right? If you post QUALITY, doesn't that have more of an impact than 10 played out memes? You're capable of providing for one another the type of content that you WANT on NT, but it seems as though you've allowed yourselves to be intimidated by the ignorance and have said to yourselves, "why fight it?" Demonstrate the willpower needed to move against the current. Otherwise, all of this talk is empty.

Most of these kids are just looking for attention/approval.  Show them that the way to earn your respect is through positive contributions, not cheap, recycled jokes. Give respect where it's due. 

If you don't have the courage to stand against immaturity IN threads, good luck trying to stem the tide.  

Too many people just sit back and complain. YOU have the power to post great content. YOU have the power to encourage others to post great content. YOU have the power to discourage people from posting childish garbage.

It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

Back
Top Bottom