*~*~Niketalk x South By Southwest 2011. March 19, 2011. Need a list of those attending!!!~*~*

Put me down i'll be down there i just bought my ticket this morning i'll be down there w/ Cinematic Music Group

Put me down i'll be down there i just bought my ticket this morning i'll be down there w/ Cinematic Music Group

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

word? i might be on tour with some of their people leading up to SXSW...

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

word? i might be on tour with some of their people leading up to SXSW...

damn, just read this thread and i really need to *@*! with this.
 sounds like everyone from cali is going from socal.

too many hip hop artists i need to see, and sounds like this show is gonna be epic

damn, just read this thread and i really need to *@*! with this.
 sounds like everyone from cali is going from socal.

too many hip hop artists i need to see, and sounds like this show is gonna be epic

So.. who's still gonna be out here for SXSW?

and also,

Secret Society Showcase @ Mi Casa Cantina on 3/19/11. Ya'll thank Agthekid for making that happen.

So.. who's still gonna be out here for SXSW?

and also,

Secret Society Showcase @ Mi Casa Cantina on 3/19/11. Ya'll thank Agthekid for making that happen.

glasses.gif

Originally Posted by The Rising Suun

Interesting to see the NT presence that will be at SXSW. I've been going since '03, and this spring I'm actually working for them, not volunteering during the event neither, actual work. I ain't nobody though, so I def can't hook anybody up. My advice: I know some of yall have looked into it, but get in on a house on the east side; look on craigslist. Yall are late on housing, get that done ASAP if you havent already.

I'm gonna guess almost all of ya'll don't need a badge. Unless you are dead serious about a networking hustle, it's probably not worth the money. Especially for the music part, badges are for executives, smaller label owners, and corporate media. If you want some contact info, the SXSW big book is always obtainable, and trust these dudes will be super busy during the event anyway. That's my 2 cents. The badge that might be worth it is an Interactive badge. SXSW will always have a music focus, but it is becoming more important to developers than to the music industry. I saw a couple people in here thinkin about a badge...

If ya'll are really worried about getting into official shows, you can always get a wristband. Hit up southbywristbands.com in the near future, they'll also have some hotels farther out available. There's so much free music of all genres, free food and booze, it's not necessary to buy a badge or wristband though. Wristband info used to go out regular on the third thursday in Feb with the Chronicle issue, but SXSW has been playing it cool lately.

Everybody that makes it, enjoy Austin, eat a Best Wurst, drink Lone Star. Kinda lame that working SXSW means you don't actually get to enjoy any of the music.

PJ and Bompton - I'm also helping set up some unofficial shows, I need to hit you up. Anybody on here looking to get booked for an unofficial show, shoot me a pm, I'm helping with the UT radio station shows.

Sorry for writing all that. SXSW is the best week of the year!

You doing the UT Radio Shows? You know Tayo and Marcus?  Hell.. are you Marcus?  
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Rising Suun

Interesting to see the NT presence that will be at SXSW. I've been going since '03, and this spring I'm actually working for them, not volunteering during the event neither, actual work. I ain't nobody though, so I def can't hook anybody up. My advice: I know some of yall have looked into it, but get in on a house on the east side; look on craigslist. Yall are late on housing, get that done ASAP if you havent already.

I'm gonna guess almost all of ya'll don't need a badge. Unless you are dead serious about a networking hustle, it's probably not worth the money. Especially for the music part, badges are for executives, smaller label owners, and corporate media. If you want some contact info, the SXSW big book is always obtainable, and trust these dudes will be super busy during the event anyway. That's my 2 cents. The badge that might be worth it is an Interactive badge. SXSW will always have a music focus, but it is becoming more important to developers than to the music industry. I saw a couple people in here thinkin about a badge...

If ya'll are really worried about getting into official shows, you can always get a wristband. Hit up southbywristbands.com in the near future, they'll also have some hotels farther out available. There's so much free music of all genres, free food and booze, it's not necessary to buy a badge or wristband though. Wristband info used to go out regular on the third thursday in Feb with the Chronicle issue, but SXSW has been playing it cool lately.

Everybody that makes it, enjoy Austin, eat a Best Wurst, drink Lone Star. Kinda lame that working SXSW means you don't actually get to enjoy any of the music.

PJ and Bompton - I'm also helping set up some unofficial shows, I need to hit you up. Anybody on here looking to get booked for an unofficial show, shoot me a pm, I'm helping with the UT radio station shows.

Sorry for writing all that. SXSW is the best week of the year!

You doing the UT Radio Shows? You know Tayo and Marcus?  Hell.. are you Marcus?  
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

The Smoking Section got a couple things in the works too. I'm sure Gotty will be in here soon enough.

The Smoking Section got a couple things in the works too. I'm sure Gotty will be in here soon enough.

AG & Ciph, good looks on securing the new date.

I'll be there with my group, Green Street, for the week doing the NT Showcase + hopefully a couple more. If any one knows of anymore showcases (can be unofficial) or radio show opportunities, or anything of that nature, please shoot me a PM or an email greenstreetrecords[at]gmail.com and we can build on some things. Appreciate it yall.

AG & Ciph, good looks on securing the new date.

I'll be there with my group, Green Street, for the week doing the NT Showcase + hopefully a couple more. If any one knows of anymore showcases (can be unofficial) or radio show opportunities, or anything of that nature, please shoot me a PM or an email greenstreetrecords[at]gmail.com and we can build on some things. Appreciate it yall.

South by Southwest is the dopest music festival in America. I will certainly miss it this year. I remember last year when Nas and Damian played. Word got around like 2 hours before they went on but no one believed it, including myself. I was mad heated but fortunately they came back to Austin in the summer and put on a dope show.

South by Southwest is the dopest music festival in America. I will certainly miss it this year. I remember last year when Nas and Damian played. Word got around like 2 hours before they went on but no one believed it, including myself. I was mad heated but fortunately they came back to Austin in the summer and put on a dope show.

Back
Top Bottom