*~*~Niketalk x South By Southwest 2011. March 19, 2011. Need a list of those attending!!!~*~*

saw oddfuture at scoot in b4 they did their show at fader and it was insane mini riot broke out and it was pure mayhem it was badass and i was outside!

Man my feet hurt so goddamn bad from walkin up and down 6th street.
30t6p3b.gif

Man my feet hurt so goddamn bad from walkin up and down 6th street.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by IheartDrums

this may be a dumb question, but will there be any footage of this kanye show tonight?

Supposedly they'll have footage on VEVO in April. 
laugh.gif
 Can't even get that right. The backlash would be less intense if they were streaming it.

this may be a dumb question, but will there be any footage of this kanye show tonight?

Supposedly they'll have footage on VEVO in April. 
laugh.gif
 Can't even get that right. The backlash would be less intense if they were streaming it.

That's what I want to know, I don't think it'll be streamed tonight.
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

30t6p3b.gif
Nope, not being streamed tonight. Even after they said that they would. Wow, VEVO is a big screw up. And they keep finding a way to say that it was someone else's fault. Here's the letter from their GM:

[h1]To The G.O.O.D. Music Fans In Austin: An Explanation[/h1] Posted In: News, VEVO. Posted By: mick on 03.19.2011

Hey SXSWers: First let us say, we’re sorry for the confusion regarding tickets to the Kanye show.  We hear you; we messed this up.

Unlike some shows during SXSW, we wanted to open it up to fans.  In doing so, we asked people to RSVP via text message, thinking that would be the easiest and most fair way to distribute tickets. While we indicated confirmation of that text message did not guarantee entry, we obviously didn’t make that clear enough in the confirmation text, and we created confusion.  For that, we apologize.

Why did we go through the texting hoops?  In two words: RED TAPE.  After a few crowd control issues at other SXSW events, we were asked by the Austin Police Department to manage our confirmations down to the number.  That meant we had to deploy another text message to confirm RSVPs – and, in doing so we upset you, the fans, which was the last thing we wanted to do.

We love the fact this event has such great buzz – we had over 15,000 texts in less than 2 minutes!  And, we wish we had space for everybody who wants to see the show, but since capacity is limited, we figured this was the fairest way to distribute tickets.

So here’s the deal: If you were one of the 600 who received a text message confirmation on Friday, you have a ticket!  Please make sure you bring your phone with the text message – that is your ticket for entry.  Also note, you will need to be 21+ to enter, so have those photo ID’s ready.  One more thing, tickets confirmed via text message are non-transferable.

If you have a valid SXSW Music badge, and you’re 21+, you’re eligible for entry to the event.  We can admit 1,000 valid badge holders, but it is still FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVED.  So get there early.  We know a lot more people will want in, so please try to understand if we’re already at capacity.

To clear up some other questions we see floating around:
  1. We’re not selling tickets to this event.  We put 1 (one) pair of VIP tickets on ebay with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the American Red Cross for earthquake/tsunami relief in Japan.  If you’re interested in bidding on these tickets for this worthy cause, please visit http://vevo.ly/htJ86o
  2. VEVO did not charge anyone for texts.  Only standard messaging rates from your carrier applied.
  3. We didn’t do it to harvest phone numbers.  That’s not our style.
  4. SXSW Music badge holders are eligible for entry, not SXSW Interactive badge holders…sorry!
  5. No one actually got their RSVP revoked as no one was firmly confirmed with entry until the confirmation text was deployed.  That confirmation text was sent based on the order in which it was received.
  6. We were given another 100 tickets to issue and decided to do it via text again to give fans who originally RSVP’d an opportunity to go to the show.  We’re very sorry some of you opted out before this new round of ticket distribution.
We know we disappointed some of you and we feel terrible.  We can only hope you understand:  We were trying to be fair and trying to do the best for the fans.  And, while it’s not the live event, and not quite the same as being there, we will be airing some of the show on VEVO at a date in the near future – so stay tuned.

Fred Santarpia
General Manager

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

30t6p3b.gif
Nope, not being streamed tonight. Even after they said that they would. Wow, VEVO is a big screw up. And they keep finding a way to say that it was someone else's fault. Here's the letter from their GM:

[h1]To The G.O.O.D. Music Fans In Austin: An Explanation[/h1] Posted In: News, VEVO. Posted By: mick on 03.19.2011

Hey SXSWers: First let us say, we’re sorry for the confusion regarding tickets to the Kanye show.  We hear you; we messed this up.

Unlike some shows during SXSW, we wanted to open it up to fans.  In doing so, we asked people to RSVP via text message, thinking that would be the easiest and most fair way to distribute tickets. While we indicated confirmation of that text message did not guarantee entry, we obviously didn’t make that clear enough in the confirmation text, and we created confusion.  For that, we apologize.

Why did we go through the texting hoops?  In two words: RED TAPE.  After a few crowd control issues at other SXSW events, we were asked by the Austin Police Department to manage our confirmations down to the number.  That meant we had to deploy another text message to confirm RSVPs – and, in doing so we upset you, the fans, which was the last thing we wanted to do.

We love the fact this event has such great buzz – we had over 15,000 texts in less than 2 minutes!  And, we wish we had space for everybody who wants to see the show, but since capacity is limited, we figured this was the fairest way to distribute tickets.

So here’s the deal: If you were one of the 600 who received a text message confirmation on Friday, you have a ticket!  Please make sure you bring your phone with the text message – that is your ticket for entry.  Also note, you will need to be 21+ to enter, so have those photo ID’s ready.  One more thing, tickets confirmed via text message are non-transferable.

If you have a valid SXSW Music badge, and you’re 21+, you’re eligible for entry to the event.  We can admit 1,000 valid badge holders, but it is still FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVED.  So get there early.  We know a lot more people will want in, so please try to understand if we’re already at capacity.

To clear up some other questions we see floating around:
  1. We’re not selling tickets to this event.  We put 1 (one) pair of VIP tickets on ebay with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the American Red Cross for earthquake/tsunami relief in Japan.  If you’re interested in bidding on these tickets for this worthy cause, please visit http://vevo.ly/htJ86o
  2. VEVO did not charge anyone for texts.  Only standard messaging rates from your carrier applied.
  3. We didn’t do it to harvest phone numbers.  That’s not our style.
  4. SXSW Music badge holders are eligible for entry, not SXSW Interactive badge holders…sorry!
  5. No one actually got their RSVP revoked as no one was firmly confirmed with entry until the confirmation text was deployed.  That confirmation text was sent based on the order in which it was received.
  6. We were given another 100 tickets to issue and decided to do it via text again to give fans who originally RSVP’d an opportunity to go to the show.  We’re very sorry some of you opted out before this new round of ticket distribution.
We know we disappointed some of you and we feel terrible.  We can only hope you understand:  We were trying to be fair and trying to do the best for the fans.  And, while it’s not the live event, and not quite the same as being there, we will be airing some of the show on VEVO at a date in the near future – so stay tuned.

Fred Santarpia
General Manager

Vevo screwed up badly. They should have just gave away tickets the way everyone else does it rather than trying to be tech savvy and having everything blow up in your face. Someone if they haven't already will get in a lot trouble for how bad this went.

Vevo screwed up badly. They should have just gave away tickets the way everyone else does it rather than trying to be tech savvy and having everything blow up in your face. Someone if they haven't already will get in a lot trouble for how bad this went.

Those of you at the VEVO show. How's it going for you?
Twitter is making it seem like utter chaos.

Those of you at the VEVO show. How's it going for you?
Twitter is making it seem like utter chaos.

Just left the show. I was one of the 100 people to text in the last minute. I was camped out and everything, and get to the front, and the lady has a master list on paper with everyone's name. Literally 1-7 was getting in and everyone else was getting kicked out. I had the text and everything that said CONGRATS you are confirmed, but didn't get in. My friend who I was standing with got in, and he had the exact same text. But it was utter chaos. No one knew anything that was going on from 1 pm when i started waiting in front. No organization, so many lines that claimed they were getting in. But, for those, like my friend, you get to see the entire Good Music cast, rick ross, jay z, beyonce, nicki minaj, and rihanna. Enjoy.

Just left the show. I was one of the 100 people to text in the last minute. I was camped out and everything, and get to the front, and the lady has a master list on paper with everyone's name. Literally 1-7 was getting in and everyone else was getting kicked out. I had the text and everything that said CONGRATS you are confirmed, but didn't get in. My friend who I was standing with got in, and he had the exact same text. But it was utter chaos. No one knew anything that was going on from 1 pm when i started waiting in front. No organization, so many lines that claimed they were getting in. But, for those, like my friend, you get to see the entire Good Music cast, rick ross, jay z, beyonce, nicki minaj, and rihanna. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom