Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hoping we get smb2 and sml2 templates
forest (if its not in, can't remember at this point), confirmed space, winter night and day, the white stage from smb1, sky seems to be confirmed, and alternate colors for castles backgrounds. it would also be nice to be able to have more music from the Mario games included and the ability to use whatever track for whatever level we want.
also more powerups (frog suit, hammer bros. suit, tanooki suit, etc.)

and more enemies and types of platforms, etc. anything that would help variety.

wishlist:
also I've seen on/off switches but what about on/off light switch boxes?
on/off boxes that change platform directions?
poison mushrooms
we can see an enemy that creates wind but I want actual wind in a stage for real like smb2 japan/lost levels
smb stage/themes from odyssey (the retro ones) maybe as dlc
specific enemies like football players, spike, etc.
yellow Yoshi (and any other obscure stuff so that we, the players, can explore and expand on underused ideas)
mini mushroom (see above)
weird mushroom without having to unlock it
koopalings
beat blocks
double cherry
platforms/blocks that you need multiple (or just one) marios/luigis/etc to stand on to activate a path or powerup or something.
since we have rising/lowering water/lava tiles what about the same but with ground tiles (such as the yellow ones in smw)
etc

Last edited:
I was on the fence about copping Super Mario Maker 2 but after that direct it’s a definite day one buy

So much great content to keep players like me who don’t feel like building my own levels entertained

I was in from day 1, no hesitation.

This series is the evolution of 2D Mario and I plan to spend mad hours just burning through other people's creations.

I just got a chance to watch the SMM2 Direct and I'm impressed. They added damn near everything. I also believe they will add another game down the line as DLC. When they showed SM3DW, there looked like there was some space for at least one more game.

I just got a chance to watch the SMM2 Direct and I'm impressed. They added damn near everything. I also believe they will add another game down the line as DLC. When they showed SM3DW, there looked like there was some space for at least one more game.

Galaxy?:nerd:

i liked what I saw but i'm not in love with what I saw.
the problem we had last time was the lack of enemies, power ups and too many limitations/missing features that aren't present in the real games.

water and lava tiles being universal should be a thing.
night and day is great but on/off light boxes from Mario world should be a thing.
yellow Yoshi and any other under utilized enemy (mecha koopas, hot foot, ptooie, reznor, boomerang and fire bros, for example) should be a thing.
different colored backgrounds/tile sets like pallete swapping or whatever should be a thing. (think castle level variety...look at nsmbu for example).

positives def include slopes, rising/falling water and lava although they're tied to themes, the angry sun, the dry bones shell as a power up, different colored pipes, on/off switches controlling platforms among other things, etc.

the new music was trash. not sure why some old themes have new music when we could have just gotten the music from the games...?
for variety alone we should be able to take the castle song and use it in the grass theme or underground theme or whatever.

hopefully we can switch from Mario to luigi or toad, etc. offline and online.

I agree with some of this ^

New music did nothing for me. While they did add a lot and I’m all in for it, the nostalgia in me only wants things that were in the real games :lol:

My buddies and I are looking for a multiplayer game that’s not ssb. Any suggestions? Preference goes to first person shooter type games.

I read on gamfaqs that in the Japanese direct there's a hammer located near the fire flower in the 3d world mode.
indicating that a hammer suit in 3d world is probable...meaning that (i'm assuming) the hammer will be available in other modes...
so there are still things they haven't revealed to all of us.

so, predictions:
-hammer bros suit in all styles
-colored pipes so i'm assuming colored koopa troopas too.
-more enemies will be revealed when they show shaking enemies in an upcoming direct or trailer or whatever.
-ghosthouse at night turns into a ghost ship.
-for 3d world to have its own section with a lot of space i'm assuming odyssey will be a mode/theme as well as at least one other game like galaxy.
I don't think it'll be Mario 64. it would look pretty dated. I could be wrong.
hoping for sml2 or smb2 themes instead but I think its sectioned by 2d and 3d, personally and the 2d part is full.

oh, I thought the see-saw platform was flames. def gonna use that.

I really wanted map screens and to create my own world. oh well.

who are your mains in SSB?

Also, GC controller or pro controller? :nerd:
Pretty much only use Sonic

Occasionally I’ll use Mii Gunner too

GameCube controller is overrated
Go with the Pro. It’s easy to use and way more comfortable in your hand

Back
Top Bottom