• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah I'm just heated that now I feel like I wasted money on all these damn Wii u games
Especially if they get ported to nx
Better be some compensation for folks who threw down for all them damn games
I mean damn
I got splatoon
Mk8
Smash Wii u and 3ds
Dc:tf
Super Mario 3d world
Mario maker
Pokken tournament
And a few others I can't think of right now
I'm feelin some type of way right now
Like I've got banned from threads for defending nintendo's honor
I feel betrayed

Why do you feel betrayed? If Nintendo makes it possible for people to play cross platform, meaning you don't split the fan base for these games, then it's a win-win. Nintendo gets more people to buy the game and the OG Wii U owners get more people to play online etc.

But even if this the cross platform doesn't happen, the games will continue to work on your Wii U. You will still be able to play them without a hitch. Continue to enjoy the games just like you are doing right now.

But I get the argument, you don't want to pay for essentially the same game twice. You gotta remember... this is Nintendo, they rarely if ever fleece their fans. If the games like Splatoon are not cross platform, I am sure they will have some type of program for those who already own the OG games for them to get a heavily discounted downloadable version. Remember, they heavily invested in building those communities on the Wii U. It'll be stupid to leave early adopters in the dust.

Never fleece their fans? They may not be as bad Sony/MS on some things but these are the same guys responsible for people purchasing the same SNES games multiple times across Wii, Wii U and now 3DS. I got it, you only have to pay a transfer fee to go from Wii to Wii U but it's still kinda messed up.

I don't see them doing cross play if the NX is getting a "superior" version of Smash. I'd also think Nintendo would like to distance themselves from the Wii brand as much as possible.

Last edited:
I remember The Last of us dropped on PS4 and gamestop let you exchange the PS3 version for the PS4 version for like $20

Maybe Nintendo does that

Nintendo could just tease us at e3 by showing us just the nx controller. Seeing the controller would let me know how serious they are about having hardcore gamers interact with the nx. Hopefully the nx plays wiiu games.

Besides the games or specs of the nx, I'm interested in the tone of which the nx is released.
Is nintendo gonna be like "we ....ed up with wiiu, nx is here to fix that."

Or are they going to dismiss the circumstances at which the nx is being released in?

That's what I want to see, a normal controller. If I see any motion stuff or another gamepad, I'll write it off personally.

A normal controller would be phenomenal but i'm not holding my breath. They make so much money off all the whacky controllers. Plus it's very un-nintendo unfortunately.

At the same time i would be devasted if there isn't some replacement to the gamepad. I really love off TV play. Sounds lke there will be a portable device but who knows

Never fleece their fans? They may not be as bad Sony/MS on some things but these are the same guys responsible for people purchasing the same SNES games multiple times across Wii, Wii U and now 3DS. I got it, you only have to pay a transfer fee to go from Wii to Wii U but it's still kinda messed up.

I don't see them doing cross play if the NX is getting a "superior" version of Smash. I'd also think Nintendo would like to distance themselves from the Wii brand as much as possible.

I hardly consider that fleecing. The act of fleecing is to obtain a great deal of money from (someone), typically by overcharging or swindling customers. What you are describing is an inconvenience. The very definition of inconvenience is trouble or difficulty caused by one's personal requirements or comfort.

Nintendo charging you 8 bucks for the added value of playing a game on another system hardly meets that definition. Now if they were charging $50 or $60 for games that are only worth pennies, then you'll have an argument. The point is they are fair. You get what you pay for in many cases when it comes to Nintendo.

Nintendo could just tease us at e3 by showing us just the nx controller. Seeing the controller would let me know how serious they are about having hardcore gamers interact with the nx. Hopefully the nx plays wiiu games.

Besides the games or specs of the nx, I'm interested in the tone of which the nx is released.
Is nintendo gonna be like "we ....ed up with wiiu, nx is here to fix that."

Or are they going to dismiss the circumstances at which the nx is being released in?

I'm pretty sure this year's E3 will have some surprises for sure, but I don't think we'll see them show the controller. That's their bread and butter. They'll want to leave that for the full reveal.

I just hope it's not a "regular" controller. I want something new. They key is it has to be highly functional while being easy to convey. Something that will translate to the masses. Gaming will be dead to me if Nintendo gives us their version of the DS4. That means the industry will be stagnant. Stagnation means death.

As for the tone, I think they should acknowledge their shortcomings with the Wii U to build hype around the NX. The biggest downfall was the lack of games. Sure they had great ones, but they lacked the variety and scope of their competitors.

Last edited:
Meh, I really don't care for MK8, and glad I was able to try a friend's copy so I didn't shell out (substantial) $$$ and buy it myself. I personally think that drift-boosting is stupid and having it built in to where you have to use it to win (at least for the higher engine classes) is a dealbreaker for me. In MK Wii you could just set it on Automatic and ignore that feature (unless you played online). I earned three stars on everything using Automatic.

I'm currently enjoying playing NFS Most Wanted U and would rather play that, MK Wii and MK Double Dash before I would play MK8. I will admit that MK8's graphics are great, but Most Wanted U is at least as good, if not better.

I'll still purchase the system. Not like it's my primary system. I'll play my 3ds before my Wii U.

I completely agree.. a classic type of controller (gamecube, etc.) would be lovely. We don't need any motion or touchpad nonsense.

Make nintendo great again :lol: :rofl:

I want to see if they're going to allow you to stream like PS4 and X1. It'd be cool to see NT MK8 and Smash showdowns :lol:

Personally I'd be fine with them just porting Wii U games and giving it new controls just to avoid any gamepad/wiimote business.

Meh, I really don't care for MK8, and glad I was able to try a friend's copy so I didn't shell out (substantial) $$$ and buy it myself. I personally think that drift-boosting is stupid and having it built in to where you have to use it to win (at least for the higher engine classes) is a dealbreaker for me. In MK Wii you could just set it on Automatic and ignore that feature (unless you played online). I earned three stars on everything using Automatic.

I'm currently enjoying playing NFS Most Wanted U and would rather play that, MK Wii and MK Double Dash before I would play MK8. I will admit that MK8's graphics are great, but Most Wanted U is at least as good, if not better.
^^ fam is trippin hard 
mean.gif

Do y'all consider this a "stupid" controller?

Because when the GameCube first released it was considered a "stupid" looking controller. The bean shaped buttons, the small d-pad, the Z button, etc... But when we got a chance to actually play with it it worked like a charm. It is considered the standard for games like Smash bros. and regarded as one of the most comfortable controllers ever.

How bout this controller? Is it stupid?

It revolutionized the way we play 3D games.

The point is these "stupid" controllers keep the gaming industry moving forward. To expect anything else from Nintendo is kinda crazy to me. How can you even be a fan of Nintendo games and want a "regular" controller? They NEVER gave us a regular controller...

Y'all ******* on motion controls
Like Wii bowling
Wii baseball
And Wii tennis weren't :pimp:

Do y'all consider this a "stupid" controller?

Because when the GameCube first released it was considered a "stupid" looking controller. The bean shaped buttons, the small d-pad, the Z button, etc... But when we got a chance to actually play with it it worked like a charm. It is considered the standard for games like Smash bros. and regarded as one of the most comfortable controllers ever.

How bout this controller? Is it stupid?

It revolutionized the way we play 3D games.

The point is these "stupid" controllers keep the gaming industry moving forward. To expect anything else from Nintendo is kinda crazy to me. How can you even be a fan of Nintendo games and want a "regular" controller? They NEVER gave us a regular controller...

They not hearin y'all

:lol:

Drift boosting is one of those things that is challenging at first but once you master it, you don't know how u were racing before and enjoyed it. I'd give it another shot if I were you. It really opens up so much more in terms of strategy and tactics compared to previous mks.

Back
Top Bottom