• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is the SSB Link no longer in stores? I bought one when they first launched but I also thought those were some of the common ones.

Is the SSB Link no longer in stores? I bought one when they first launched but I also thought those were some of the common ones.

It seems like they're out of stores by now. Even the newer ones (BOTW, 30th Anniversary, etc.) have disappeared. And of course everyone on eBay wants a grip for one, even used ones.

I wish I knew back then the extent of what their use was going to be in BOTW. I knew about food drops, but I didn't know about exclusive/rare weapons and armor. Nintendo always drops the ball on communication regarding this kind of stuff.

Last edited:
Got sidetracked, hunting for shrines and ended up in Zora's Domain. It's a ******* challenge to step away from the game and put the controller down lmao

Last edited:
Got sidetracked, hunting for shrines and ended up in Zora's Domain. It's a ******* challenge to step away from the game and put the controller down lmao
Its even worse when you can just slap the controllers in and keep playing while you walk away :smh: this system is already causing problems for me.

This is really an underrated part of the game. I ended up on the northwestern part of the map just exploring some mountains. I then found the Woodland Tower, but it was well guarded and I wasn't prepared and died :frown:

Everytime I tell myself that I'm gonna do _____ I end up seeing a Shrine or a Tower or a campfire or something that looks like a memory in the distance and then spend the next 3 hours exploring :lol:. I was surprised that I stuck to my guns last night and did the Zora Divine Beast.

Fun Fact: Don't **** with a Lynel.
Man I was pissed when I finally killed the one and he dropped his gear and it was weaker than what I already had :smh:.

Last edited:
:lol: damn you beat one? I ran into 2 so far, the one before Ruta and I wandered into a colloseum and got my clock cleaned.

:lol: damn you beat one? I ran into 2 so far, the one before Ruta and I wandered into a colloseum and got my clock cleaned.
Just the one before Ruta. I've been trying to look for another one because I assume the materials they drop will be used to upgrade some high level gear. I'm still looking for what drops the horn or whatever you need to upgrade the Hylian outfit for the 3rd time :\.

How many Great Fairy Fountains have you guys found? I'm assuming there's one for every map grid but I'd only found 3 so far. Aside from the Kakariko one they're hidden really well.

Last edited:

This is really an underrated part of the game. I ended up on the northwestern part of the map just exploring some mountains. I then found the Woodland Tower, but it was well guarded and I wasn't prepared and died :frown:

encountered a damn bear and thought it would just run away like the other animals... nope... charged me for a one-hit kill

second time I jumped on a tree and dude just waited for me below :lol:

Last edited:
Just the one before Ruta. I've been trying to look for another one because I assume the materials they drop will be used to upgrade some high level gear. I'm still looking for what drops the horn or whatever you need to upgrade the Hylian outfit for the 3rd time :\.

How many Great Fairy Fountains have you guys found? I'm assuming there's one for every map grid but I'd only found 3 so far. Aside from the Kakariko one they're hidden really well.

I believe some of the other Lynels drop savage gear which are very high leveled and drop with buffs as well. The hoofs they drop are used to upgrade Barbarian gear.

For the horns, I believe there are 3 spirit dragons in the game that spawn in certain areas. If you shoot at them with arrows, specifically their horns, they'll drop horns or scales for you.

And I think there are 4 Great Fairy Fountains. The last one cost 10,000 rupees to unlock. I've only found two and the second one I stumbled on by accident by just exploring the Piper Ridge area near Tabantha Great Bridge. Some NPCs at a stable hinted at one being in the area, so I just explored and ran into it.

Last edited:
I'm not even that far into the game, story wise i just completed getting the sheikah slate repaired

:lol: damn I am so far behind. I only have the zora armor and I found 1 fairy
Don't feel bad. I went full on nerd mode over the weekend and am probably close to 20 hours played :lol:. I've done so much exploring and Shrines and side quests though that I've barely advanced the story :lol:.

You can cop the Hylian gear from the shop in Kakariko though. Easiest way to afford it is to sell a few gems to get your money up.

Minor spoiler:
Figured I'd mention this since you've seen a Lynel and have been to Zora's Domain:

There's a female Zora in Zora's Domain to the left as you leave the Throne Room (she'll have a red exclamation point above her head when you get close to her). Talk to her and she'll ask you to get a pic of a Lynel for her. After you get the pic, go back and show it to her and she'll give you the Zora pants. They increase your swim speed. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the Zora helmet (if there even is one).

I believe some of other Lynel's drop savage gear which is very high leveled and drops with buffs well. They hoofs they drop are used to upgrade Barbarian gear. For the horns, I believe there are 3 spirit dragons in the game that spawn in certain areas. If you shoot at them with arrows, specifically their horns, they'll drop horns or scales for you. And I think there are 4 Great Fairy Fountains. The last one cost 10,000 rupees to unlock.
Pissed I read that spoiler but oh well :lol:.

I've seen two of those dragons, both at night. A yellow one at Lake Hylia and a Red one above some other lake with a round plateau with a prayer statue in the middle. It's actually right next to a Great Fairy which makes sense. That'll be my mission tonight. Finding the other dragon and getting their horns to upgrade my stuff :pimp:.

The last Fairy being 10k Rupees is crazy :smh:. I thought the 3rd one I found last night was bad at 1000 and that's after some dude at a Stable gave me 500 to find her :lol:.

Last edited:
Anyone have an idea on when these things are supposed to restock? I read that Gamestop was gearing up for a restock but that's the only retailer from my limited knowledge..

Don't feel bad. I went full on nerd mode over the weekend and am probably close to 20 hours played :lol:. I've done so much exploring and Shrines and side quests though that I've barely advanced the story :lol:.

You can cop the Hylian gear from the shop in Kakariko though. Easiest way to afford it is to sell a few gems to get your money up.

Minor spoiler:
Figured I'd mention this since you've seen a Lynel and have been to Zora's Domain:

There's a female Zora in Zora's Domain to the left as you leave the Throne Room (she'll have a red exclamation point above her head when you get close to her). Talk to her and she'll ask you to get a pic of a Lynel for her. After you get the pic, go back and show it to her and she'll give you the Zora pants. They increase your swim speed. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the Zora helmet (if there even is one).

I've seen two of those dragons, both at night. A yellow one at Lake Hylia and a Red one above some other lake with a round plateau with a prayer statue in the middle. It's actually right next to a Great Fairy which makes sense. That'll be my mission tonight. Finding the other dragon and getting their horns to upgrade my stuff :pimp:.

The last Fairy being 10k Rupees is crazy :smh:. I thought the 3rd one I found last night was bad at 1000 and that's after some dude at a Stable gave me 500 to find her :lol:.

My bad man :frown:

Maybe I should have hinted at what would be in there in case you didn't want to know.

In regards to Zora's gear:

There is a helmet, but I won't say where I found mine in case you want just want to have the thrill of finding it organically.

Last edited:

Do gems serves any other purpose than trading for a lot of rupees?
I have no idea :lol:. I actually haven't sold any of them after I bought the Hylian armor set. I assume you'll eventually use them to upgrade weapons and/or armor later in the game, but early on I think you're fine to unload some of them.

Gem related spoiler:
After you beat the Zora Divine Beast, it's a good idea to talk to everyone in Zora's Domain as they'll have new side quests and stuff available. There's a Zora there towards the entrance that will trade you Diamonds for Luminous Stones. He'll give you 2 Diamonds for the first 10 Luminous Stones and then 1 Diamond for every 10 after that. It seems to me that Luminous Stones are the easiest gems to find and Diamonds are the hardest (I've found like 30+ Luminous Stones compared to 1 Diamond).

Minor spoiler:

My bad man :frown:

Maybe I should have hinted at what would be in there in case you didn't want to know.

In regards to Zora's gear:

There is a helmet, but I won't say where I found mine in case you want just want to have the thrill of finding it organically.
All good man, I chose to click :lol:. Not a huge spoiler anyway. I'm more trying to avoid plot spoilers and ones that explicitly tell you what to do to get something. I'm cool with knowing something exists, I'd just rather not know how to get it.

Last edited:
Do gems serves any other purpose than trading for a lot of rupees?

I hope not; I've been trading mine in for rupees.

However, I can say that one gem does serve another purpose:

You receive the Lightscale Trident for doing the Divine Beast quest in Zora's Domain. If the trident breaks, it can be repaired by Dento, the blacksmith where the Goron is, but you need to bring him 1 diamond and 5 pieces of flint.

Back
Top Bottom