• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A Feb. Direct has a greater chance of happening for that "BIGGER STUFF" that you are talking about, nawghtyhare nawghtyhare

But all recent reddit posts and rumored gaming thread posts surrounding the next rumored Nintendo Direct on Jan. 18th all point towards............"casual marketing" on accessory peripherals or potential casual game/apps for the Switch.

Literally what most "nintendo-themed" YouTube channels have been discussing all-day

Rumor: New 2D Metroid in the works
Posted on January 15, 2018 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, Rumors

After a fairly lengthy hiatus, 2D Metroid was back in the spotlight with Samus Returns. Nintendo and MercurySteam partnered together on the 3DS game, which debuted last September. It wasn’t entirely new, but was a remake of the Game Boy title Metroid 2: Return of Samus.

Samus Returns could be just the start of Metroid’s 2D resurgence. Rumor has it that another entry in the franchise is in development.

That speculation stems from comments made by ResetERA / NeoGAF member mocolostrocolos. While we typically shy away from posting rumors from those with proven track records and random speculation, mocolostrocolos hinted at Samus Returns as early as 2016. A Metroid 2 remake was referenced on numerous occasions. However, it wasn’t until E3 2017 in June that Nintendo finally revealed the MercurySteam-made title – which mocolostrocolos also teased would happen a few days prior.

As for the new 2D Metroid, mocolostrocolos claimed last month that it’s “on a really early production state.” It may have had development issues at one point, though “now seems to be fine.” The only other tidbit mocolostrocolos provided is that the team working on the project is not an internal Nintendo team.

That’s the only information we have to go on, assuming the tidbits mocolostrocolos have shared are accurate. It isn’t clear what platform(s) the new Metroid would be on, but with Nintendo seemingly moving on from 3DS, Switch would naturally be a strong candidate.

I am going to see how I do without a battery pack for now.

But I did save what you posted in case I do want one.

You just connect this via USB right?

Thank you!

Thank you!
Yeah you'd use a USB-C to USB-C cable for the Switch.

Thank you!
Having a mobile charger isn’t a nessacity by any means

Guess it depends how often you’re out of the house while also having the opportunity to play on the go but I’ve been doing just fine without one since day one

I just carry around the cord that cane with my pro controller so if I ever need a charge I can just plug it in that way

I actually have never played Metroid. I only know Samus from Smash Bros. From the YouTube videos I've watched, you just go around shooting alien creatures.

I actually have never played Metroid. I only know Samus from Smash Bros. From the YouTube videos I've watched, you just go around shooting alien creatures.
Same here. Gonna make it my mission to play Super Metroid by the Summer though.

Having a mobile charger isn’t a nessacity by any means

Guess it depends how often you’re out of the house while also having the opportunity to play on the go but I’ve been doing just fine without one since day one

I just carry around the cord that cane with my pro controller so if I ever need a charge I can just plug it in that way

I would probably be straight with a cord like that actually

I wonder if the one that came with my pro for the Wii U would work

Edit: Nevermind, Nintendo corrected their typo......nothing to see here LOL

Last edited:
Yeah, the tweets are suspect. However, it appears to be in-line with all the rumors of an upcoming announcement this week from Nintendo in "some-form"

Last edited:
Surprise no mention of vc or their online thing I bet that’s what it’s about with all the maintenance they doing making sure they don’t get hacked ala psn

Just figured out I can take the cord that comes with the system around to charge my switch

The one that connects to the wall

I'm good with that

Let's say they do announce a n64 mini.

Forget the Rare games, what do you guys think the list of titles will look like?

Mario Kart 64
Pilot Wings 64
Wave Race 64
Mario 64
Zelda OoT

What else?

Forget the Rare games

tenor (1).gif

Never

Back
Top Bottom