Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMG_20180601_205827.jpg

Mario Tennis Aces is SWEATY AF...............probably more sweaty than a MK8 race or a Splatoon 2 match.

You slip once during a match (especially with the new "special move" mechanics), you are 100% finished. The devs. who made this game isn't "holding hands" for newbies in this game, and I'm new at this game.........and I was practicing on computer mode. So if I actually participated in the online tournament going on right now, man......I AM GOING TO SWEAT HARD against these online folk.

The game is "sweaty", dawg? :lol:

I only spent maybe 30-40 minutes playing against computers (it's been up for most of the day for Japanese and European versions of the demo) but I can definitely see the zone abilities, stage obstacles, and energy guage giving the game a nice level of challenge.

I'll try my hand online now that the US version is live, and I might grab it on sale if the story mode is long enough/gets good feedback. I've only played the GBA Tennis game before if it matters.

Last edited:
Mario Tennis Aces is one of the Top 12 most viewed games on Twitch tonight..................WOW

I only spent maybe 30-40 minutes playing against computers (it's been up for most of the day for Japanese and European versions of the demo) but I can definitely see the zone abilities, stage obstacles, and energy guage giving the game a nice level of challenge.

The basic controls themselves are self-explanatory, and I think they'll be good enough for the story mode that they're release with it.

But yeah if you want to compete online without going on major losing streaks and such, you kinda have to master at least 2-3 of those advanced techniques to even remain competitive. Getting the timing on the zone abilities alone is where the "sweat" begins IMO

So based off the demo, good game or nah?

From a competitive standpoint, this has the potential to be a great online PvP game since it has intermediate and advanced gameplay mechanics that rely heavily on perfect timing which will make for great competitive matches.

This isn't the Mario Tennis you knew and love from back-in-the-day, the gameplay has a bit of a different learning curve than previous titles.

I mean, there are over 20,000 viewers watching Mario Tennis Aces on multiple Twitch streams........that says something already.

The new tech takes a while to get used too. That block timing is super tight.

Had to put down the joy cons and use my GC controller.

Big step up from Mario Tennis 64

The trick-shot mechanics had me slipping up too, literally had to require that "zone slowdown" in order to counter a majority of them.

Yeah, I get you bigjny88 bigjny88 , referring to a game as being "sweaty af" was just weird to me :lol:

That block timing is super tight.

Man! I don't have this **** ironed out at all :lol:

It feels like one of those mechanics where the right moment is a second or two after you would think it is.

I don't like that I'm getting busy on dudes and 2 racket breaks...I lose the match.

Tf is that about?

The last Mario tennis game I played was Mario Power Tennis for GameCube

Wonder if they'll also make a new Mario Golf game

If they can do this to the Mario Tennis franchise, they need to give us a new Mario Strikers game and work this same magic............PLSSS NINTENDO

If they can do this to the Mario Tennis franchise, they need to give us a new Mario Strikers game and work this same magic............PLSSS NINTENDO
I think I've said it in here before, but the OG Mario Strikers is still one of the most fun games ever

The online tournament is NO BUENO..................******* LAG CENTRAL.

Even MK8 got better online servers than this game, it's ******* ********. Powerpoint mode the entire game

It’s dope
But imo
To technical
I don’t have the patience

This is pretty much why I am not getting this game on Day 1..............but I do want to buy this game eventually down the road, whether as an eShop sale or a Black Friday special sale or something.

But Day 1 in a couple of weeks, HELL NO........I don't got time to grind this game to learn everything. I'd rather put more time learning whatever the new Smash mechanics are going to be instead of learning this game, even COD/Battlefield doesn't have this much of a technical learning curve to understand the competitive PvP field.

This is pretty much why I am not getting this game on Day 1..............but I do want to buy this game eventually down the road, whether as an eShop sale or a Black Friday special sale or something.

But Day 1 in a couple of weeks, HELL NO........I don't got time to grind this game to learn everything. I'd rather put more time learning whatever the new Smash mechanics are going to be instead of learning this game, even COD/Battlefield doesn't have this much of a technical learning curve to understand the competitive PvP field.
Like if i was younger
and could just chill at home
And have time to play
I would def get it
It’s actually legit
Waaaaaay better
Than I thought it would be
But I just don’t like tennis that much
And I know once smash releases
I wouldn’t touch it

Struggling hard to keep a 50% winning percentage :lol:

Definitely loving the demo so far.. big jump from the 64 but I like it. Brings in a lot more strategy and skill into the gameplay instead of just a back and forth Pong match

Damn Chomp is way too OP tho :smh:

Back
Top Bottom