Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Played so much got tired fast. :/

Was playing through the 4th divine beast today and had no desire. No patience to look for shrines or travel.

If I were you I'd take my time and enjoy the game slowly because it's VERY repetitive. So doing so much of it so fast is doing A LOT of the same stuff over and over and over.

I think I'll take a day or 2 off to regain an itch

Idk how many hours I've played I'll say 10-15 but I haven't found anything repetitive, I've done 10 or more shrines I've found them all to be different, even the side quests

FFxv on the other hand 24 hours play time and then I've been finding car parts dog tags and frogs every side quest

People speeding thru games now I hope Zelda last me till April lol

Are you in the Divine Beast? Where exactly are you stuck?

I played it again this morning, I was literally just in zombie mode and didn't realize what I was doing :lol:

I just got to the part where I'm tasked to go to the beast and use the electric arrows. Once that cutscenes finished I saved and put it down for a little while. Guessing that isn't going to be too easy [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

Overall I am very happy with my switch.

My only complaint is that I seem to have one of the Switches that is having a hard time with the wireless signal... I know its not my modem. No other device in my house has an issue connecting to my modem or wifi. Hopefully in time, it will get sorted out.

My only complaint is that I seem to have one of the Switches that is having a hard time with the wireless signal... I know its not my modem. No other device in my house has an issue connecting to my modem or wifi. Hopefully in time, it will get sorted out.

You're not the only one. My Switch hardware has been pretty much flawless in all respects EXCEPT its proficiency in connecting wirelessly. I've tested it coming out of sleep mode, I've tested it coming out of being turned off completely, and it's about the same most times. It can take up to 5 minutes to find the wireless access point and actually connect, while my iPhone, laptop, PS3, PS4, Wii U, and N3DSXL all connect within seconds or instantaneously. NO idea why this is an issue with the Switch, whether the root cause is hardware or firmware related, but it borders on inexcusable. And it's not an isolated issue; lots of people are complaining about it.

Last edited:
I've never played a Zelda game before, any suggestion on the order to play in / if not play watch reviews/cutscenes of to get the idea of stories?

Tbh I don't think I'm willing to backtrack to playing SNES/N64 though. Even though I know ALTTP and OOT are supposed to be two of the best.
Mostly all of the Zelda games are not chronological or "sequels" to one another. For the most part they all have vastly different stories, but the protagonists (Link, Zelda, Goron Race, Zora Race, Gerudo Race) and antagonist (Ganon/Ganondorf) remain the same. There are exceptions (primarily the GameBoy games), but that's pretty much how it goes.

For that reason, there's no real order to play the games in. You can play BOTW first if you'd like. Although playing them in release order isn't a bad idea as you'll get to see/experience how the franchise has evolved. I'm gonna tell you that you have to play ALTTP and OOT though :lol:. Those are both widely considered as the pinnacles of the franchise. Majora's Mask (N64) is my personal favorite. Wind Waker (GameCube) and Twilight Princess (Wii) are also awesome. I've never played Skyward Sword (Wii). Every GameBoy title I've played has been awesome too (Links Awakening, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Minish Cap).

TL;DR

Play ALL of the console games. Even if you play 1 per year over the next 5 years, you'll be glad you did.

Last edited:
Overall I am very happy with my switch.

You're not the only one. My Switch hardware has been pretty much flawless in all respects EXCEPT its proficiency in connecting wirelessly. I've tested it coming out of sleep mode, I've tested it coming out of being turned off completely, and it's about the same most times. It can take up to 5 minutes to find the wireless access point and actually connect, while my iPhone, laptop, PS3, PS4, Wii U, and N3DSXL all connect within seconds or instantaneously. NO idea why this is an issue with the Switch, whether the root cause is hardware or firmware related, but it borders on inexcusable. And it's not an isolated issue; lots of people are complaining about it.
Luckily mines been fine. Isn't this something they can fix with an software update?

I've been having an issue with my console related to BotW just simply freezing and then the whole game closes. An error screen pops up and says the program had to shut down due to an error. Pretty frustrating.

Anyways, I'm having trouble currently in BotW. Trying to wander around semi in front of the castle looking for a memory marker and theres those huge blue robot things with the beams. It seems theres no plausible way to defeat them, which I'm ok with. But there also appears to be no way to get AWAY from them without getting beamed. How do I get where I need to go?

Guardians? I think you have to be a high level with weapons and armor to beat them but I haven't researched that. I've just avoided them like the plague

Been on record saying Mario Kart 8 is the best gaming experience I've had thus far. Can't wait for Deluxe. MK8 is a game that every gamer has to experience.

I've never played a Zelda game before, any suggestion on the order to play in / if not play watch reviews/cutscenes of to get the idea of stories?

Tbh I don't think I'm willing to backtrack to playing SNES/N64 though. Even though I know ALTTP and OOT are supposed to be two of the best.
Mostly all of the Zelda games are not chronological or "sequels" to one another. For the most part they all have vastly different stories, but the protagonists (Link, Zelda, Goron Race, Zora Race, Gerudo Race) and antagonist (Ganon/Ganondorf) remain the same. There are exceptions (primarily the GameBoy games), but that's pretty much how it goes.

For that reason, there's no real order to play the games in. You can play BOTW first if you'd like. Although playing them in release order isn't a bad idea as you'll get to see/experience how the franchise has evolved. I'm gonna tell you that you have to play ALTTP and OOT though :lol:. Those are both widely considered as the pinnacles of the franchise. Majora's Mask (N64) is my personal favorite. Wind Waker (GameCube) and Twilight Princess (Wii) are also awesome. I've never played Skyward Sword (Wii). Every GameBoy title I've played has been awesome too (Links Awakening, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Minish Cap).

TL;DR

Play ALL of the console games. Even if you play 1 per year over the next 5 years, you'll be glad you did.

Appreciate the response. Would those games still hold up now though? I know wind waker and twilight princess would be fine especially since they had the HD remasters on Wii U. And I'm interested in giving skyward sword a shot.

I grew up on SNES/N64. And I just recently replayed and beat both Super Mario World and DKC2 on SNES.

But having no experience with Zelda before, I have no idea if it would hold up. Do you think someone new to the series would enjoy playing through those games now in 2017?

Last edited:
Anyways, I'm having trouble currently in BotW. Trying to wander around semi in front of the castle looking for a memory marker and theres those huge blue robot things with the beams. It seems theres no plausible way to defeat them, which I'm ok with. But there also appears to be no way to get AWAY from them without getting beamed. How do I get where I need to go?

Guardians? I think you have to be a high level with weapons and armor to beat them but I haven't researched that. I've just avoided them like the plague

use this method

works with any shield too supposedly, you can also quick hit it's eye with an arrow while charging and that incapacitates it for a few seconds for you to hit it a few times and then repeat

Last edited:

TL;DR

Appreciate the response. Would those games still hold up now though? I know wind waker and twilight princess would be fine especially since they had the HD remasters on Wii U. And I'm interested in giving skyward sword a shot.

I grew up on SNES/N64. And I just recently replayed and beat both Super Mario World and DKC2 on SNES.

But having no experience with Zelda before, I have no idea if it would hold up. Do you think someone new to the series would enjoy playing through those games now in 2017?
A Link to the Past on SNES is Zelda GOAT

TL;DR

A Link to the Past on SNES is Zelda GOAT

OOT*

TL;DR

The games absolutely hold up to today. I play through OOT and Majora's Mask every few years. Good stories and fun/challenging gameplay will never get old imo.

My console been smooth, only thing that had me tripping out was when i was playing it the fan sounded real loud. Like it was going to explode lol. Just turn it off and on and been running good since.

Last edited:
Zelda games are the perfect example of a "classic" game. They have withstood the test of time and still hold up today.

I love mario kart but im extremely underwhelmed by mario kart 8 deluxe.

Im having plenty of fun with zelda at the moment. But im afraid id get bored soon with just one game.. 1 - 2 switch doesnt count ( instant regret ) lol & snipperclips.. is fun, but its way too short :frown:

I havent read much about any differences for the switch version. Might pass, especially considerings i own two nintendo switches and id have to purchase 2 games lol ( one for the kiddo [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] ) when i already own it for wii u [emoji]128148[/emoji]

Almost $800 for zelda .. buyers remorse, actually. Not really. But can we get some more options.

I give the switch a 10 for tricking me into buying two handhelds with games that can be had on the other nintendo system that i already have sitting, collecting dust in the game room lol #devastating [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

.. just bought a ps4 pro and horizon x ghost recon !!

Yet i have no desire to play them since the switch is the latest gaming toy on the market lmaoo. .. priorities all screwed up [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] #rantOver

- Much luv, Stay freshhhh !!! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Been on record saying Mario Kart 8 is the best gaming experience I've had thus far. Can't wait for Deluxe. MK8 is a game that every gamer has to experience.

Can you elaborate as I never played it on the Wii U? I'm all on board with the Switch and plan on picking up MK8 when it drops.

Back
Top Bottom