NO BROOKLYN NETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well not my borough per se...

You know what I mean!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Vancouver needs a team.
You really think Vancouver deserves one before Seattle? Stern even admits Vancouver was a miscalculation.

And Seattle doesn't have "first dibs" on a new team, but the city settled the lawsuit in order to save face with the NBA and retain its chancesof getting a team. Stern was ready to blackball the city from ever getting a team as long as he is in charge.

This team is doomed for failure. They have 0 loyal fan base, I wouldn't be suprised if when the collective barganning roles around they cut the size of theleague and the nets will be a definite option for contractment. If they go though I will miss them cause nothing feels better than beating you swamprats.

smh.gif
at all these knick fans commin in here excited....

im excited too that MY team wont leave MY state

laugh.gif
like the Knicks are better than the nets

Yup, Nets deserve to be thrown out of the league. yup. Hey, how are those Knicks doing? At least you guys might get the higher pick than us in the lottery. Howmany years will that be not in the playoffs again?

Anyway, from what I got from my dad who is working the night shift at metrotech (where ratner's offices and the home of communications of the FDNY are)Ratners workers who are there have said that the architect went through layoffs like most companies did and he chose every worker on the Atlantic Yard Project(12 of them) to be laid off.

The project may still get done but in a smaller scale and with many of the objects (buildings, housing, etc. etc.) to be built in intervals. The Talk since thebeginning of the year has been to wait till the last court case in june to determine whether this is the right move for ratner since he has lost alot of moneyboth in this project and personal finanical upkeeping.

He has also been in contact with the previous Nets owners and his other minority owners about a possible deal that would give control back to the previousowners placing the Nets in Newark with the Devils and Ratner keeping the Izod Center for personal use (WHY AND WHAT HE WOULD DO??????)

Also, all of those buildings that are in front of the Izod center were for Xanadu, a state of the art recreation center and shopping complex. Well that is deadtoo. ( at least we got a parking garage)

So the Nets are most likely either going to Brooklyn no matter what in a different project (slated for who knows when) or Newark and the Prudential Center.

damn I was looking to see them on Atlantic ave. There are tons of people out in that area who are thrilled to see this.

i spoke to the lead lawyer involved in the negotiations for this project (no names or credentials, because i'm not putting myself out there) last wednesdayand he said this was still definitely happening, so that report is kind of random and sounds a little sketchy and speculative.

^ There is alot of stuff still happening with this project, but the Nets and an Arena in Brooklyn may not. Ratner may stilll build housing and other businessesaround that area but the Arena may be scrapped as part of the project. Mayor Bloomberg spoke at a news conference today about how he was saddened to hear thatthe architect would not be doing the construction in brooklyn and that it looks like ratner needs to scale the project back. here is the video (he also talksabout the WTC and other projects)

Originally Posted by JRose5

Originally Posted by Physicx

they belong in nj anyways
Nope, they belong in New York where they were originally from.

JR5

Wrong.

[table][tr][td]New Jersey Nets[/td] [td]NBA/ABA[/td] [td]1968[/td] [td]2009[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]3406[/td] [td]1520[/td] [td]1886[/td] [td].446[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Jersey Nets[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]1978[/td] [td]2009[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]2580[/td] [td]1124[/td] [td]1456[/td] [td].436[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New York Nets[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]1977[/td] [td]1977[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]60[/td] [td].268[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New York Nets[/td] [td]ABA[/td] [td]1969[/td] [td]1976[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]666[/td] [td]338[/td] [td]328[/td] [td].508[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Jersey Americans[/td] [td]ABA[/td] [td]1968[/td] [td]1968[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]78[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]42[/td] [td].462[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Damn, Jay-Z must be licking his chops right now for investing in that sorry %%# franchise and state
whats 5M for 1.5% ownership tregardless of city
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom