NO MORE MODERN WARFARE WITH INFINITY WARD

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

MW2 was such trash.... They honestly need to just add some of the killstreak rewards and attachments to the guns into COD4 and just have that be MW3.

this

Rumor has it that none of the Infinity Ward staff have been paid their milestone bonuses or received any residuals from MW2.

Good, now if there was any justice, instead of receiving bonuses, they would be paying money back out of their salaries to their fans who pre-ordered this beta-less broken piece of junk with countless in-game glitches, level 10 prestige glitches and leaderboards glitches.. Not to mention stupid unbalanced gameplay additions that haven't been thought through and exploited by $#!@% exploiters, like akimbo 1887s, one man army noob-tubes, scavenger claymores and tactical insertions, aka nuke boosters.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Rumor has it that none of the Infinity Ward staff have been paid their milestone bonuses or received any residuals from MW2.

Good, now if there was any justice, instead of receiving bonuses, they would be paying money back out of their salaries to their fans who pre-ordered this beta-less broken piece of junk with countless in-game glitches, level 10 prestige glitches and leaderboards glitches.. Not to mention stupid unbalanced gameplay additions that haven't been thought through and exploited by $#!@% exploiters, like akimbo 1887s, one man army noob-tubes, scavenger claymores and tactical insertions, aka nuke boosters.
I dont think I'll ever understand how people can get genuinely mad not only over just videogames, but at specific PEOPLE because of them. Seriously?

These dudes spent years worth of work into what is one of the household names as far as the entertainment industry is concerned. No matter what they fixed/didnt fix, tweak/didnt tweak, thousands of people would have still complained and gotten angry. At the end of the day though, youre complaining about a game that you either invested your money or time (or both) into. So I really don't see who's losing here.

Hope to see them get the monetary compensation they were promised and I'm looking forward to a new a studio and IP from them.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Originally Posted by hella handsome

COTDAMNIT
smh.gif

more like CODDAMMIT
grin.gif

But still...
28o30n.jpg

Guess what? Activision brought in a totally separate team to work on and design multiplayer. They worked in conjunction with the main devs but the team that did COD4 worked on single player for MW2 and a separate dedicated multiplayer team worked on the online mulitplayer. So while I'm with you, I have to put the blame on activision for rushing the production schedule and !%!@%@% with Infinity Ward's normal flow.

I've said all along that for the multiplayer to have this many god awful problems, when they base code came directly from the COD4 engine is despicable and lazy.

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

i want new maps, though

I'm pretty sure maps have been in the works for a while now and are nearing completion anyways. They will still get released despite these guys not being there. There's still money to be made off this game and Activision won't let that slip.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

I dont think I'll ever understand how people can get genuinely mad not only over just videogames, but at specific PEOPLE because of them. Seriously?

These dudes spent years worth of work into what is one of the household names as far as the entertainment industry is concerned. No matter what they fixed/didnt fix, tweak/didnt tweak, thousands of people would have still complained and gotten angry. At the end of the day though, youre complaining about a game that you either invested your money or time (or both) into. So I really don't see who's losing here.

Hope to see them get the monetary compensation they were promised and I'm looking forward to a new a studio and IP from them.

Oh I don't have a right to be upset now, as a consumer who paid for this broken product?
eyes.gif
Quit defending them. And I see what you're trying to do: Take the "no matter what they did, there would still be complainers" route.. Sorry but no. Please show me these legions of complainers when COD4 was released. The only thing people complained about was the martyrdom, but this was nowhere near the amount of complaining you have for this BROKEN game. So no, sorry, you can't just use this "there would still be complainers" excuse, because complaining about the stuff that's wrong with this game is NOT nitpicking, no matter how much you make it out to be. I don't give a damn how much you defend them, but there is no, NO excuse for them not releasing a beta of Modern Warfare 2 and leaving people who were HUGE fans of COD4 stuck with all these glitchers and exploiters.

MW2 was such trash.... They honestly need to just add some of the killstreak rewards and attachments to the guns into COD4 and just have that be MW3.

It was???

Nah it's not trash, just mad broken. Plenty of good stuff, but with a lot of game-ruining instances here and there that suck all the fun out of the game for you.. Like having someone prepare your favorite meal, but then dropping a tiny little turd on it.

yeah, just read about this on gamespot, its going to be a bummer. if anybody has followed the COD series from IW vs Treyarch, you'd see that all the ones that infinity ward touched were pretty much solid games. All of the treyarch ones were wack!

Alleged Activision memo: Infinity Ward remains central to Call of Duty's future
from Joystiq [PlayStation] by David Hinkle

We've never been great counters, but we'd say there are three studios working on major Call of Duty games now. A recent internal memo (as reported by G4) apparently confirms that Infinity Ward -- despite all of the recent stuff going down there -- will remain "central" to the franchise. So, counting that studio and Treyarch, along with Sledgehammer Games and its own Call of Duty title, that's ... four three! The Count would be so proud of us!

This internal memo reportedly comes from CEO of Activision Publishing Mike Griffith, who said, "Infinity Ward remains central to Call of Duty's future" and that Activision would continue to "rely on the combined talent, expertise and leadership of the team there for [Call of Duty's] success."
Alleged Activision memo: Infinity Ward remains central to Call of Duty's future originally appeared on Joystiq on Wed, 03 Mar 2010 12:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments
Remove starLikeShareShare with noteEmailKeep unreadEdit tags: Entertainment

None of this matters really. When the original devs who made madden dipped they got w/ sega and made THE best football game ever NFL2k5. As long as the devs at IW stay together, I'll be copping what they are selling. As for Call of duty I'll take a wait and see approach but I'm guessing the name is gonna get milked for all its worth.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Guess what? Activision brought in a totally separate team to work on and design multiplayer. They worked in conjunction with the main devs but the team that did COD4 worked on single player for MW2 and a separate dedicated multiplayer team worked on the online mulitplayer. So while I'm with you, I have to put the blame on activision for rushing the production schedule and !%!@%@% with Infinity Ward's normal flow.

I've said all along that for the multiplayer to have this many god awful problems, when they base code came directly from the COD4 engine is despicable and lazy.

sounds to me like activision can just bring that separate team back in and call them "infinity ward" seeing as how they own the name

Back
Top Bottom