No More Mondays. Colorado School District Moves to 4 Day Weeks

Can we get some 4 day week action for public sector jobs?! Fridays are so unproductive.

Schools should be shortening summer break to 8 weeks and using 8 class block scheduling for Monday-Thursday with Friday being optional elective/college and career planning day

Mondays were always pretty terrible for me when it came to school and work.

I'd welcome this but there really needs to be a combination of how Europeans approach the summer break and vacations and how the Japanese use to have kids go to school 6 days a week in this instance I'd add Saturday as a school day while keeping mondays off.

Mondays were always pretty terrible for me when it came to school and work.

I'd welcome this but there really needs to be a combination of how Europeans approach the summer break and vacations and how the Japanese use to have kids go to school 6 days a week in this instance I'd add Saturday as a school day while keeping mondays off.
So won’t Tuesday be just as bad? :lol:

The should make work 4 days a week to and give the same pay man. I work 4 days a week currently. That work life balance is legit man. Happier people make happier employees and more efficient workers.

Should be 4 day school and work weeks ...just purely for the kids tho, this is great ...the 5 day school schedule is just a pipeline to continue putting out 5 day work week adult workers

Psssh, A lot of districts in Oklahoma been on 4 day weeks. Hell, we even hiring anybody and their mom who is willing to take the job, give a **** if you have a degree or what it was in. You want to deal with this **** and these bad *** kids for this amount of money? You're hired!

So won’t Tuesday be just as bad? :lol:
Nah :lol:

There's just something about this draining monotonous routine for anyone that works any sort of non-creative repittive job or finds themselves doing tasks in a pattern over and over Mon-fri.

Mondays just feel different. Specifically if you get one off. What's showing on tv is different. Who's at home, who you see on the streets or when you go out during the day.

Pretty sure there's something about having those 2 days off and that feeling of going to sleep that Sunday just to wake up to a Monday where you have to work.

You’d be mad why? Cuz you have to see your kid more often?

Because the school district changed to 4 days, not your job

How are you going to see your kid if you gotta work on monday? :lol:

If I were a kid tho, I'd legit prefer they do away with homework than give me a 3rd weekend day. Yeah no school mondays is cool, but no ****ing homework is cooler :lol:

Teachers out here giving the box to every ***** with a chin hair, 4 day weeks and now this

We was born too early fams
giphy.webp

Jealous. My teachers gave homework almost every damn night. Bringing the textbooks home was a pain and barely fit all of them into my bookbag. So many of us had back problems.

I could see that no homework thing working in grades K-5, but those kids are gonna be shook when they get to middle school and be ready to drop out instantly once they hit HS.

We were busy being challenged and smart. These kids need more time to be dumb :lol:

Tide pod challenge likes this policy :lol:

Like the old heads used to say "An idle mind is the devils playground"

This goes hand in hand with the is social media bad for kids thread :lol:

Thats all they'll be doing without homework

I could see that no homework thing working in grades K-5, but those kids are gonna be shook when they get to middle school and be ready to drop out instantly once they hit HS.

5th grade teacher here.

lol I give hella homework.

Good point. Blessed to have a few parent volunteers, but I do take a lot of work home. Comes with the job, though. ‍♂️♂️

Back
Top Bottom