No Post For "Think Like A Man"? (Grossed 33 Million)

My wife dragged me to go see it and I thought it was funny.

Meagan Good
pimp.gif

Gabrielle Union
pimp.gif

Taraji
pimp.gif

All would get it........................at once.
devil.gif

Wait, ya'll for reals?

They keep rehashing the same @%%!, over and over again for the black audience, and ya'll keep buying it.

When will there be a film with an all black cast or a lead black role that ventures into a different genre of film?

As long as these type of films keep seeing big money, they'll keep selling you the same @%%!.

Yes, I am mad that people are actually paying to see this.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Wait, ya'll for reals?

They keep rehashing the same @%%!, over and over again for the black audience, and ya'll keep buying it.

When will there be a film with an all black cast or a lead black role that ventures into a different genre of film?

As long as these type of films keep seeing big money, they'll keep selling you the same @%%!.

...you may as well have said this to the wall.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Wait, ya'll for reals?

sooo should we not support this and have them make NOTHING at all for the black audience?  

Dont get me wrong I'd like to see a greater variety myself but if the chance is there to support and enjoy myself I'm all in.

Wait, ya'll for reals?

You mad for no reason. What was wrong with the movie? A cast of professional, black, young adults, showing the trials of dating. Sounds like a good movie to me. In fact I think we need more like this...

Originally Posted by CashBanks

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Wait, ya'll for reals?

sooo should we not support this and have them make NOTHING at all for the black audience?  

Dont get me wrong I'd like to see a greater variety myself but if the chance is there to support and enjoy myself I'm all in.

...if we're talking supporting just for the sake of supporting to promote something of substance for the black audience? id rather support something of substance instead of playing into the sterotype of what Hollywood thinks we want to see.

^ for the ones unclear of what that means. it means that if we had some sort of variety to choose from at the movie theater, instead of the same ole comedies, i'd have no problems seeing whatever. but since Hollywood thinks (and has proved) we'll only go out to support comedies, i want my vote to count towards proving them wrong.

...its funny you suggest supporting a film in an effort to get them to make films for the black audience, when it was suggested in the Red Tails thread the idea was scoffed at.

Wait, ya'll for reals?

Oh wait... So I had to be black to purchase tickets? Oh crap, let me go get a refund!
laugh.gif
You damn fool.

Get outta here with that %%@@! You act like this movie was only targetted for black people... even if it was, it doesn't mean only blacks are allowed to go see it.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

yo i just came home from this movie. it was great had a great soundtrack. i would actually buy this movie on blu-ray

Thanks to my dude John Legend... Straight panty dropper with that hit. Smashed out for the whole game for that song!

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Wait, ya'll for reals?

Oh wait... So I had to be black to purchase tickets? Oh crap, let me go get a refund!
laugh.gif
You damn fool.

Get outta here with that %%@@! You act like this movie was only targetted for black people... even if it was, it doesn't mean only blacks are allowed to go see it.
roll.gif

That is not at all what he said, you sound dumb. The movie did have a target audience and if you can really sit here and deny that then you have a problem.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Wait, ya'll for reals?

laugh.gif
You damn fool.

roll.gif

That is not at all what he said, you sound dumb. The movie did have a target audience and if you can really sit here and deny that then you have a problem.

So damn what? The hell you fools so damn salty for? It's just a damn movie! White people do the same %@$%! (See American Reunion) It makes money! Get off that %@$%, b.

On some "Oooohh I don't like Tyler Perry because he makes us look bad" crap! Like I said, get off that %@$%.

laugh.gif
You damn fool.

roll.gif

So damn what? The hell you fools so damn salty for? It's just a damn movie! White people do the same %@$%! (See American Reunion) It makes money! Get off that %@$%, b.

On some "Oooohh I don't like Tyler Perry because he makes us look bad" crap! Like I said, get off that %@$%.

That's not even the point at all. People of color would just enjoy to see representations of their people and their culture on the big screen, and when people see that relegated to romantic comedies and churchy dramas, I think it is a legitimate gripe. I can't fault black people for going to see these black movies in droves, because in reality it is the only time they are going to be able to see these representations on the big screen. It's easy to say that you shouldn't support these movies, and a more quality product will come, but I don't believe that is the case at all. If these don't make money, then movies with a majority black cast will just not hit the big screen at all, because the studios will not make them at all. Look at television, where shows can have a mostly white cast but if they have PoC's in the lead role, they can't last more than a season. Whether is conscious or not, the reality is that on the whole, white people do not want to see these products, so for the studios to even entertain the idea of continuing to make movies with casts that are predominantly PoC's, they have to support them, whether they are based on Steve Harvey's misogynist fetishism, or not.

laugh.gif
You damn fool.

roll.gif

people like you are whats wrong with this country. carry on

Originally Posted by hugebird

That's not even the point at all. People of color would just enjoy to see representations of their people and their culture on the big screen, and when people see that relegated to romantic comedies and churchy dramas, I think it is a legitimate gripe. I can't fault black people for going to see these black movies in droves, because in reality it is the only time they are going to be able to see these representations on the big screen. It's easy to say that you shouldn't support these movies, and a more quality product will come, but I don't believe that is the case at all. If these don't make money, then movies with a majority black cast will just not hit the big screen at all, because the studios will not make them at all. Look at television, where shows can have a mostly white cast but if they have PoC's in the lead role, they can't last more than a season. Whether is conscious or not, the reality is that on the whole, white people do not want to see these products, so for the studios to even entertain the idea of continuing to make movies with casts that are predominantly PoC's, they have to support them, whether they are based on Steve Harvey's misogynist fetishism, or not.
Fresh Prince, Law and Order, Martin, Oz, The Wire, Good Times, etc
Multiple successful shows of different genres with "PoC" in the lead roles. If a show doesn't last more than a season, it's because it sucks.

asking if you would rather watch Red tails or this movie is equivalent to asking would you rather listen to KRS One or Kanye?
During my leisure time, i'd rather just laugh then think. I think all day at work and school. 

(it was a great movie btw. one of the better movies i've seen in a while. I'd watch it again.)

Wait, ya'll for reals?

what about movies that came out in the 90's like Menace II Society, Belly, Boyz N Da Hood, etc? Now here is a movie about dating in the black community and you're complaining it's the same movie over and over...

Nah bruh. My stance on black entertainment is usually similar to yourd but its just a romantic comedy with a predominately black cast thats all. My fiance is huge rom com buff so I have seen my fare share of these and the only difference between this movie and other rom coms is this cast is mostly black. This movie aint on no Madea @%@@ fo real tho.

Originally Posted by ALSDAMAN24

Nah bruh. My stance on black entertainment is usually similar to yourd but its just a romantic comedy with a predominately black cast thats all. My fiance is huge rom com buff so I have seen my fare share of these and the only difference between this movie and other rom coms is this cast is mostly black. This movie aint on no Madea @%@@ fo real tho.
Have to agree with that. Even though 'Think Like A Man' is mostly a black cast, to me it doesn't have that stigma of being labelled as "a black movie", unlike the majority of
Tyler Perry's movies. It was just a funny romantic comedy that happened to have a black cast.

Originally Posted by blazinRook

asking if you would rather watch Red tails or this movie is equivalent to asking would you rather listen to KRS One or Kanye?
During my leisure time, i'd rather just laugh then think. I think all day at work and school. 

(it was a great movie btw. one of the better movies i've seen in a while. I'd watch it again.)

....yeah um, the question wasnt which one you'd RATHER see genius. its about supporting one to garner more funding for similar projects.

I can't believe this movie is not playing here. I got the book for my birthday. Started to read it. A bunch of crap. Plus, who would take advice from hypocritical, womanizing, greedy, backstabber Steve Harvey? But, I am willing to give the movie a shot.

Back
Top Bottom