No Post For "Think Like A Man"? (Grossed 33 Million)

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Wait, ya'll for reals?

They keep rehashing the same @%%!, over and over again for the black audience, and ya'll keep buying it.

When will there be a film with an all black cast or a lead black role that ventures into a different genre of film?

As long as these type of films keep seeing big money, they'll keep selling you the same @%%!.

Yes, I am mad that people are actually paying to see this.

what about movies that came out in the 90's like Menace II Society, Belly, Boyz N Da Hood, etc? Now here is a movie about dating in the black community and you're complaining it's the same movie over and over...
black movies have definitely dropped in quality since the 90s

I was such a huge proponent of Red Tails because I love war films, and I love learning about black history..but are you telling me they couldnt find ANY better actors? The fact that it starred the entire supporting cast of the Wire and that the writing was terrible doomed that movie from the start. Hopefully ww can gwt a reboot in a few years...but im not holding my breath

This movie is kind of a big deal. It's first again in it's second week. With a budget of 12 million, opening at 33 million (dethroning HG) and I think it's around 62 million so far, it means that these so called 'black movies' are becoming mainstream. Everybody is going to see this movie.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

This movie is kind of a big deal. It's first again in it's second week. With a budget of 12 million, opening at 33 million (dethroning HG) and I think it's around 62 million so far, it means that these so called 'black movies' are becoming mainstream. Everybody is going to see this movie.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

good movie. kevin hart is a fool lol. took my girl to watch it..kind of a mistake, makes them think lol.

not sure if srs...

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by blazinRook

asking if you would rather watch Red tails or this movie is equivalent to asking would you rather listen to KRS One or Kanye?
During my leisure time, i'd rather just laugh then think. I think all day at work and school. 

(it was a great movie btw. one of the better movies i've seen in a while. I'd watch it again.)

....yeah um, the question wasnt which one you'd RATHER see genius. its about supporting one to garner more funding for similar projects.
supporting funding for similar projects such as Red tails correlates with which movie you would rather see..
why do you think KRS One and Red tails don't get support? Because not that many people care to check for them. 

Maybe you and three other people that are arguing for it..but then again, what are you doing to garner more funding for similar projects.

lmao..nothing. sit down. 

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

That is not at all what he said, you sound dumb. The movie did have a target audience and if you can really sit here and deny that then you have a problem.

So damn what? The hell you fools so damn salty for? It's just a damn movie! White people do the same %@$%! (See American Reunion) It makes money! Get off that %@$%, b.

On some "Oooohh I don't like Tyler Perry because he makes us look bad" crap! Like I said, get off that %@$%.
people like you are whats wrong with this country. carry on

And people like you think to much. Go away!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

asking if you would rather watch Red tails or this movie is equivalent to asking would you rather listen to KRS One or Kanye?
During my leisure time, i'd rather just laugh then think. I think all day at work and school. 

(it was a great movie btw. one of the better movies i've seen in a while. I'd watch it again.)

....yeah um, the question wasnt which one you'd RATHER see genius. its about supporting one to garner more funding for similar projects.
supporting funding for similar projects such as Red tails correlates with which movie you would rather see..
why do you think KRS One and Red tails don't get support? Because not that many people care to check for them. 

Maybe you and three other people that are arguing for it..but then again, what are you doing to garner more funding for similar projects.

lmao..nothing. sit down. 

...funny, i actually started a twitter and fb account in an online campaign to garner support before its release. try again smart guy.

I saw it this past weekend. I liked it for the most part. The comedy parts were funny but the emotional/romantic parts were cheesy. Good to see black people making good movies

Bolded for truth.The white lady that sit next to me at work took her daughter to see it last night.

Great MOVIE. Not black or white, MOVIE!

Two thumbs up from me and will be purchased once it hits Blu Ray.

Seriously, stop the complaining. Its a good movie.

Back
Top Bottom