non smartphone users...hows life?

the idea sounds cool but i dont think i could do it smart phones are just to handle specially for there size....

and they basically do EVERYTHING!!!! i even convinced my bro to cancel his OnStar since google maps is GOAT!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the idea sounds cool but i dont think i could do it smart phones are just to handle specially for there size....

and they basically do EVERYTHING!!!! i even convinced my bro to cancel his OnStar since google maps is GOAT!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
crcballer55 wrote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Why pay an extra $1500-2000 over the life of your contract when you have wifi wherever you are anyways?  I chose to pay full price for my phone so I could save an extra $1500 on the back end.
Maybe you have Wifi where ever you are, but I don't know many people who have Wifi when they are driving, and using GPS on their phone, or using there phone as a Satellite radio for their car. Even if you buy your phones full price, it's still idiotic to have a smartphone with no Data plan.
How come I need the internet while I'm driving?  I almost get in an accident on a daily basis from people checking their phones while driving because of that.

Instead of having satellite radio on my phone, I just download some podcasts and I'm good for my entire commute and my whole work day.  I also have a GPS unit with a much larger screen that only set me back $150 several years ago.  I'll take that any time and keep the extra $1500 in my pocket thank you very much.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
hell you talking bout Bo?  Where is this 1500 dollar figure coming from? Sir if you get in an accident listening to Turn by Turn GPS or the radio playing you are a grade A idiot.

With a Smartphone I pretty much have
Mobile Broadband Internet for my LAptop/Tablet
Turn By Turn GPS
Yellow page Phone Book
Manage my Bank Accounts when I`m accutually out
No Need for a Digital Camera
Fully Functional Calculator
Organizer
Email (cause of work)
MP3 Player/ Satellite radio
among so many other things.

A smartphone is probably one of the smartest investments you can make. Only idiots who complain about Data prices are those who have Unlimited voice and stuff who dont know you can make phone calls over Data/Wifi and send text via Data and Wifi.
roll.gif
roll.gif

I mean some people do have basic lives, where they dont need to check their emails, etc and thats cool.

roll.gif
crcballer55 wrote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Why pay an extra $1500-2000 over the life of your contract when you have wifi wherever you are anyways?  I chose to pay full price for my phone so I could save an extra $1500 on the back end.
Maybe you have Wifi where ever you are, but I don't know many people who have Wifi when they are driving, and using GPS on their phone, or using there phone as a Satellite radio for their car. Even if you buy your phones full price, it's still idiotic to have a smartphone with no Data plan.
How come I need the internet while I'm driving?  I almost get in an accident on a daily basis from people checking their phones while driving because of that.

Instead of having satellite radio on my phone, I just download some podcasts and I'm good for my entire commute and my whole work day.  I also have a GPS unit with a much larger screen that only set me back $150 several years ago.  I'll take that any time and keep the extra $1500 in my pocket thank you very much.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
hell you talking bout Bo?  Where is this 1500 dollar figure coming from? Sir if you get in an accident listening to Turn by Turn GPS or the radio playing you are a grade A idiot.

With a Smartphone I pretty much have
Mobile Broadband Internet for my LAptop/Tablet
Turn By Turn GPS
Yellow page Phone Book
Manage my Bank Accounts when I`m accutually out
No Need for a Digital Camera
Fully Functional Calculator
Organizer
Email (cause of work)
MP3 Player/ Satellite radio
among so many other things.

A smartphone is probably one of the smartest investments you can make. Only idiots who complain about Data prices are those who have Unlimited voice and stuff who dont know you can make phone calls over Data/Wifi and send text via Data and Wifi.
roll.gif
roll.gif

I mean some people do have basic lives, where they dont need to check their emails, etc and thats cool.

30$ x 24 months contract = 720$

way to many
laugh.gif
tho...you sell phones for your job i believe so your gonna biased on data plans, and probably use all those points when selling...but what about capped data for 30$ monthly imo rip off and wont be able to do most of those things on a monthly basis without getting throttled

im unlimited tmobile but i bet that will change as soon as at&t takes over...idk even know what tmobiles new "truly unlimited" plan is all about but i thought i had it and i bet i dont
laugh.gif

way to many
laugh.gif
tho...you sell phones for your job i believe so your gonna biased on data plans, and probably use all those points when selling...but what about capped data for 30$ monthly imo rip off and wont be able to do most of those things on a monthly basis without getting throttled

im unlimited tmobile but i bet that will change as soon as at&t takes over...idk even know what tmobiles new "truly unlimited" plan is all about but i thought i had it and i bet i dont
laugh.gif

I've had the Chocolate 2 since October 2007. I was the %+%# back then, but now I get laughed at when I pull out my phone. For me, life sucks without a smartphone.

NO GPS= constantly getting lost and having no way to find my way (pride FTL)
NO INTERNET/EMAIL= Aimlessly scrolling through phone, acting like I'm doing something, when i'm just rotating the wheel thingy
NO GAMES/Time Wasters= Actually having to listen to people talk at various functions

%+%# sucks! I need suggestions for a touchscreen, I'm due for a upgrade soon. I'm on Verizon.

I've had the Chocolate 2 since October 2007. I was the %+%# back then, but now I get laughed at when I pull out my phone. For me, life sucks without a smartphone.

NO GPS= constantly getting lost and having no way to find my way (pride FTL)
NO INTERNET/EMAIL= Aimlessly scrolling through phone, acting like I'm doing something, when i'm just rotating the wheel thingy
NO GAMES/Time Wasters= Actually having to listen to people talk at various functions

%+%# sucks! I need suggestions for a touchscreen, I'm due for a upgrade soon. I'm on Verizon.

I was using a htc up until in 08, early 09. then got a normal phone, until i went to the iphone this year.

it wasnt bad, the extras are tight but i can live with talk/text. I even used a razr for a bit, the no qwertys bothered me, but i can manage

I was using a htc up until in 08, early 09. then got a normal phone, until i went to the iphone this year.

it wasnt bad, the extras are tight but i can live with talk/text. I even used a razr for a bit, the no qwertys bothered me, but i can manage

I could never go back to a basic phone. You could give me the worst Android phone and I'll take that but I could never go back to a basic phone. I need my apps.

I could never go back to a basic phone. You could give me the worst Android phone and I'll take that but I could never go back to a basic phone. I need my apps.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

way to many
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
only dudes that hit those Caps are dudes who try to use their phones as full web replacements to something like Comcast or some crap. I went to NYC for a business confernece in Oct and used my iphone to wifi tether to my laptop and I pad for an entire Week, and only used 1-2 gigs of Data. I dont see how dudes use 16 gigs of Data on their phone in a cycle. Anywhere where I`d be trying to watch Netflix or something I would more than likely be in a Wifi area.

I seriously have dudes asking me can there use their phones data to play Xbox and PS3 online
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

way to many
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
only dudes that hit those Caps are dudes who try to use their phones as full web replacements to something like Comcast or some crap. I went to NYC for a business confernece in Oct and used my iphone to wifi tether to my laptop and I pad for an entire Week, and only used 1-2 gigs of Data. I dont see how dudes use 16 gigs of Data on their phone in a cycle. Anywhere where I`d be trying to watch Netflix or something I would more than likely be in a Wifi area.

I seriously have dudes asking me can there use their phones data to play Xbox and PS3 online
roll.gif

Never had one. Dont have the need for it either.

However, my company handles my phone expenses so i havent paid a cell phone bill in about 9 years. If all that changed and i had to start paying for my phone, id consider a smart phone. Probably not an iPhone though.

Never had one. Dont have the need for it either.

However, my company handles my phone expenses so i havent paid a cell phone bill in about 9 years. If all that changed and i had to start paying for my phone, id consider a smart phone. Probably not an iPhone though.

Originally Posted by thacapt

I seriously used to be on one of these...

One of the worst months of my life...

laugh.gif
had this phoen for like a month and it was miserable
i dont get the logic of saving 30/month then dropping a minimum 630 + 20/month...

Originally Posted by thacapt

I seriously used to be on one of these...

One of the worst months of my life...

laugh.gif
had this phoen for like a month and it was miserable
i dont get the logic of saving 30/month then dropping a minimum 630 + 20/month...

i do EVERYTHING with my phone ( nexus one user)

GPS is crucial...email, internet, datpiff mobile for mixtapes...twitter, fb, etc.

if you got a dumb phone in 2011 you're either a idiot or cheap as hell....

i do EVERYTHING with my phone ( nexus one user)

GPS is crucial...email, internet, datpiff mobile for mixtapes...twitter, fb, etc.

if you got a dumb phone in 2011 you're either a idiot or cheap as hell....

Never had a smartphone and I don't think I need one yet. I swear mad people be lying about how much they do on their phones. The only thing I think I would use is GPS, but I usually know where I'm heading anyways. Unless you are responding to mad email, you could probably get by with just a computer.

If I wanna use the internet, I have a laptop and monitor which is much easier to read,type on and navigate than an iphone or other smart phone. $30+ a month for gps and the ability to browse NT aint worth it for me. Besides, I hate people that never pull their eyes off their phones.

Never had a smartphone and I don't think I need one yet. I swear mad people be lying about how much they do on their phones. The only thing I think I would use is GPS, but I usually know where I'm heading anyways. Unless you are responding to mad email, you could probably get by with just a computer.

If I wanna use the internet, I have a laptop and monitor which is much easier to read,type on and navigate than an iphone or other smart phone. $30+ a month for gps and the ability to browse NT aint worth it for me. Besides, I hate people that never pull their eyes off their phones.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Not sure if serious
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom