NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

I'm not that hard of a person to please when it comes to movies. Will check it out over the weekend with the fam and see if any of us get bored. Give me a chance to rack up on some UEC Loyalty points in the process.

will see it tomorrow despite the negative reviews on here... if its bad at least i enjoyed some popcorn while watching the movie :lol:

You my dude and all but you also said Speed Racer is a really good movie :lol:

Speed Racer was ahead of its time. And I’m not the only one calling the movie trash. It’s really nonsensical, I’m not understanding the praise it’s getting.

Can someone tell me in a spoiler tab what the hell happens after the car explodes and the boys are running around or whatever? I fell asleep on this awful movie and can't find a spoiler review that details what happens at the end.

I was awake throughout the whole film and can barely even tell you what happened. I think you’re talking about when they see the red suit son and he has the gas trail coming from under the car?

Speed Racer was ahead of its time. And I’m not the only one calling the movie trash. It’s really nonsensical, I’m not understanding the praise it’s getting.

I was awake throughout the whole film and can barely even tell you what happened. I think you’re talking about when they see the red suit son and he has the gas trail coming from under the car?
To that’s another scene
I was like what???
He walks backwards copying him
Into flames
I’m like they coulda just did that with everyone off a cliff
Film was so trash

trash?

lol na the movie was definitely an entertaining watch. Kill all the deep dives and just appreciate it for what it is...a solid date night horror flick.

Sure, you can try and connect the hidden meanings because there definitely were some but this movie was not trash.

trash?

lol na the movie was definitely an entertaining watch. Kill all the deep dives and just appreciate it for what it is...a solid date night horror flick.

Sure, you can try and connect the hidden meanings because there definitely were some but this movie was not trash.

Film was a trash take on a slasher film

To that’s another scene
I was like what???
He walks backwards copying him
Into flames
I’m like they coulda just did that with everyone off a cliff
Film was so trash

They saw the car was supposed to blow up and just stood frozen in front of the car :sick: the story is supposed to be some allegory for how American’s have to put on a front to be happy and live the American Dream but we have a disturbed side because of the dysfunction of the country that we keep hidden and suppressed and sometime it come out when you least expect it. That’s why the whole 80’s hands across America thing was brought up to emphasize we’re all connected through our desensitization in this country with the propensity to snap and become dark with ill intent at any second because of what we’re all supressing how we really feel and what we really want in order to acclimate into society. HOWEVER....I hate fake deep **** like this. My boy just text me and was like this we’re all forgetting this was directed by 1/2 of Key and Peele and that no one realizes this is whole film
is a troll and I feel like that is the deepest meaning of the film

They saw the car was supposed to blow up and just stood frozen in front of the car :sick: the story is supposed to be some allegory for how American’s have to put on a front to be happy and live the American Dream but we have a disturbed side because of the dysfunction of the country that we keep hidden and suppressed and sometime it come out when you least expect it. That’s why the whole 80’s hands across America thing was brought up to emphasize we’re all connected through our desensitization in this country with the propensity to snap and become dark with ill intent at any second because of what we’re all supressing how we really feel and what we really want in order to acclimate into society. HOWEVER....I hate fake deep **** like this. My boy just text me and was like this we’re all forgetting this was directed by 1/2 of Key and Peele and that no one realizes this is whole film
is a troll and I feel like that is the deepest meaning of the film
Man forget all that fake deep ****
It was trash

Yup thats the last i remember. my wife hated it as well. and yes we get the underlying tones and symbolism that this film has. It just didn't deliver and was not enjoyable to watch. Movie was way overhyped and I'm mad I fell victim to hype. I was pumped to see this after that trailer that mentions 100% rotten score and some fool saying this is the best horror film ever.

Sounds like people had expectations going in maybe? Like they thought it was going to be straight horror but it was more psychological?

Definitely wasn't trash, I wouldn't go that far. It was confusing as hell but not trash.
Reminds me of the old days when NTers would say every Jay-Z album release was trash. :rofl:
I could see how folks were expecting the lows, middle and highs of a typical Hollywood horror film and were disappointed. Similar to ROMA.
Lupita absolutely killed it. Jordan Peele did go overboard with the message and underlying themes.
We needed more context on the science behind the tethers.
Did the young girl dance ballet before she visited the beach?... I"m confused on how the underground tethers mimicked the aboveground world.

Last edited:
Sounds like people had expectations going in maybe? Like they thought it was going to be straight horror but it was more psychological?

There was a review quote saying this was the best horror movie of all time. Peele himself said Get Out was a documentary and Us is a horror film. So yes I thought I was going to see a horror film and instead got a psychological thriller. a bad one. Ex Machina puts this to shame.

Back
Top Bottom